PDA

View Full Version : Main Super Tuesday fund raising site...

mdevour
01-01-2008, 09:43 AM
When a new potential supporter types "Ron Paul" into Google this coming Friday morning, he or she needs to find the campaign site near the top along with a single site we want them all to go to for our fund raising efforts.

Which means it's up, it's working, it's viral, and linked to by every Ron Paul related web site, blog, and networking community. We need to decide, recruit, design, code, refine, host, and promote this concept in under 3 days...

With the right people, I believe it will be do-able.

To put the rest of what's below in context, please read these two threads:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=70420

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=70452

The main Super Tuesday site...

It's the first grassroots site we want new people to find. It supports the campaign and a series of fund raising events that we will design and run, and/or link to.

The main site is pretty simple in concept. It will feature:

A widget that tallies the total pledges of all fund raising events together, and the total of all contributions made so far, versus the goal of $23 million.

A brief text blurb that explains the overarching goal: Our mission is nothing less than to raise $23 million soon enough for the Ron Paul campaign to blitz 20 Super Tuesday states with ads in all media!

A sidebar with links to the campaign web site, the Ron Paul library site, and maybe one or two other destinations we might want to send people to who are looking to learn more about their new candidate. :)

The core of the site will be a single column of banners describing each upcoming fund raising event and linking to their web sites. Banners will feature signature graphic designs, a pledge tally, textual description and dates, and a big link-to button.

As each named event is finished its banner is removed and the others moved up, and an abbreviated version is added to the sidebar so people can go back and browse our history.

We will let the Ron Paul Payday banner hover in positions 1 or 2, so it's a ready option if somebody just wants to schedule their $2300 dollar donation across their next couple of paychecks and be done with it. :D It will be in the number 1 slot only when there isn't another event imminent or in progress.

A graph, showing projected fund raising based on pledges, a straight line projection, and the actual funds raised plot. This probably will be a mini-link in the sidebar and have its own page to prevent clutter on the main page -- and yet may be the biggest motivational feature of the site!

The pledge sites:

The sites dedicated to each event will be substantially similar to the current Benjamins for Paul site.

They should feature:

Graphical theme, brief description, dates, and whatever candidate memes we want to promote.

A date countdown

The pledge mechanism

A graph or two

A dual widget showing pledges for that event versus its goal and current donations versus the overarching goal of $23 million.

Links in the sidebar to take them back to the main Super Tuesday site and to duplicate the other research links for the campaign, library, etcetera.

Possible domain to use:

I couldn't sleep last night, so I thought about all of this. The obvious domain name and project title occurred to me, and I discovered they were not yet taken!!! So with $30 bucks and a visit to Godaddy, the following domain names are in friendly hands, ready to use if you decide they're worthy:

ronpaulsupertuesday.com
ronpaulsupertuesday.org
ronpaulsupertuesday.net

If this seems like a good enough idea to run with, we'll need to recruit some real developers and designers, find a robust hosting solution and somebody to manage it, and focus on the main site and the first couple of early events...

I still suggest we welcome all the new supporters who'll be pouring in after Iowa with an ongoing 3 day fund raiser ending Sunday night and with a modest goal of 3 or 4 million that we'll be able to easily exceed, if we're ready for them... Then repeat that act with something after New Hampshire, maybe ending on Friday. I fleshed this notion out in this message (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=769540&postcount=9)...

The message we'll promote is that all Ron Paul supporters will be donating as much and as often as they can during the 18 days ending the 22nd, 2 weeks out from Super Tuesday. You can join in, too! Donate NOW, or pledge to one of our upcoming events... :D

My feelings won't be hurt if I just wasted $30 and a sleepless night, so long as you all come up with something else that gets the job done!!!

I'm not the one to carry out this project, my coding and graphics design skills are so dated as to be almost useless. I can write, copy edit, proofread, and share my ideas and imagination, but not much more.

If we're going to do this we need the right people to step up.

Lets get talking, folks. I know it's the holiday, but we've got work to do.

For Liberty!

Mike D.
(Who's going to go lay down for an hour or two...)

Edit to add: After fundraising is done the domain could be re-purposed as a portal to direct people to local and regional grassroots efforts in the 20 Super Tuesday states for the last week or two before the big day...

E. Nordstrom
01-01-2008, 06:22 PM
When a new potential supporter types "Ron Paul" into Google this coming Friday morning, he or she needs to find the campaign site near the top along with a single site we want them all to go to for our fund raising efforts.

Which means it's up, it's working, it's viral, and linked to by every Ron Paul related web site, blog, and networking community. We need to decide, recruit, design, code, refine, host, and promote this concept in under 3 days...

With the right people, I believe it will be do-able.

To put the rest of what's below in context, please read these two threads:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=70420

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=70452

The main Super Tuesday site...

It's the first grassroots site we want new people to find. It supports the campaign and a series of fund raising events that we will design and run, and/or link to.

The main site is pretty simple in concept. It will feature:

A widget that tallies the total pledges of all fund raising events together, and the total of all contributions made so far, versus the goal of $23 million.

A brief text blurb that explains the overarching goal: Our mission is nothing less than to raise $23 million soon enough for the Ron Paul campaign to blitz 20 Super Tuesday states with ads in all media!

A sidebar with links to the campaign web site, the Ron Paul library site, and maybe one or two other destinations we might want to send people to who are looking to learn more about their new candidate. :)

The core of the site will be a single column of banners describing each upcoming fund raising event and linking to their web sites. Banners will feature signature graphic designs, a pledge tally, textual description and dates, and a big link-to button.

As each named event is finished its banner is removed and the others moved up, and an abbreviated version is added to the sidebar so people can go back and browse our history.

We will let the Ron Paul Payday banner hover in positions 1 or 2, so it's a ready option if somebody just wants to schedule their $2300 dollar donation across their next couple of paychecks and be done with it. :D It will be in the number 1 slot only when there isn't another event imminent or in progress.

A graph, showing projected fund raising based on pledges, a straight line projection, and the actual funds raised plot. This probably will be a mini-link in the sidebar and have its own page to prevent clutter on the main page -- and yet may be the biggest motivational feature of the site!

The pledge sites:

The sites dedicated to each event will be substantially similar to the current Benjamins for Paul site.

They should feature:

Graphical theme, brief description, dates, and whatever candidate memes we want to promote.

A date countdown

The pledge mechanism

A graph or two

A dual widget showing pledges for that event versus its goal and current donations versus the overarching goal of $23 million.

Links in the sidebar to take them back to the main Super Tuesday site and to duplicate the other research links for the campaign, library, etcetera.

Possible domain to use:

I couldn't sleep last night, so I thought about all of this. The obvious domain name and project title occurred to me, and I discovered they were not yet taken!!! So with $30 bucks and a visit to Godaddy, the following domain names are in friendly hands, ready to use if you decide they're worthy:

ronpaulsupertuesday.com
ronpaulsupertuesday.org
ronpaulsupertuesday.net

If this seems like a good enough idea to run with, we'll need to recruit some real developers and designers, find a robust hosting solution and somebody to manage it, and focus on the main site and the first couple of early events...

I still suggest we welcome all the new supporters who'll be pouring in after Iowa with an ongoing 3 day fund raiser ending Sunday night and with a modest goal of 3 or 4 million that we'll be able to easily exceed, if we're ready for them... Then repeat that act with something after New Hampshire, maybe ending on Friday.

The message we'll promote is that all Ron Paul supporters will be donating as much and as often as they can during the 18 days ending the 22nd, 2 weeks out from Super Tuesday. You can join in, too! Donate NOW, or pledge to one of our upcoming events... :D

My feelings won't be hurt if I just wasted $30 and a sleepless night, so long as you all come up with something else that gets the job done!!!

I'm not the one to carry out this project, my coding and graphics design skills are so dated as to be almost useless. I can write, copy edit, proofread, and share my ideas and imagination, but not much more.

If we're going to do this we need the right people to step up.

Lets get talking, folks. I know it's the holiday, but we've got work to do.

For Liberty!

Mike D.
(Who's going to go lay down for an hour or two...)

Edit to add: After fundraising is done the domain could be re-purposed as a portal to direct people to local and regional grassroots efforts in the 20 Super Tuesday states for the last week or two before the big day...

Hi - http://www.ronpaulmoneybomb.com

Complete list of all online donation events by date!

It's time to clear the fog. Please visit the CENTRAL HUB for online donation event information.

http://www.ronpaulmoneybomb.com

austin356
01-01-2008, 07:18 PM
Bump for an idea that needs to be "poked" a bit more by the forums.

Honestly I think this would be done better by the campaign, but I would never hold my breath waiting for them when they are focusing on NH and IA.

enjoiskaterguy
01-01-2008, 08:30 PM
I have an idea...

How about a website link on the major grassroots sites thats states something like....

"you surprised he did this well in Iowa and NH? Well come join the Ron Paul Revolution and help us raise our fundraising goal"

then under this title there would be a link for those that just hopped on the Ron Paul bandwagon and a short explanation of why Ron needs the money.

This money bomb website would be like a "new Paulite" welcome website for the sole pupose of the reaction of the Caucus' results. and then they can jump in and see a couple inspirational videos and then feel like DAMN I NEED TO DONATE NOW!!!