PDA

View Full Version : CNN Quotes Demoines Register Polls

slamhead
01-01-2008, 07:17 AM
This morning I turned on CNN to see a graphic sourced from the Desmoines register. It had the percentages for Huckabee, Romney, McCain, and Thompson. No Paul!!! Then they go on to say that it is a statistical dead heat for huck and romney. No mention that it is a statistical dead heat for 3rd place.

curtisag
01-01-2008, 07:23 AM
That's absolutely ridiculous, who was the reporter reporting that garbage journalism?

Thomas Paine
01-01-2008, 07:25 AM
I see the Clinton News Network is living up to its name.

speciallyblend
01-01-2008, 07:25 AM
happened yesterday on msnbc as well
they list rudy at 5% but not ron paul at 9-11%

slamhead
01-01-2008, 07:26 AM
what are some good contact emails at CNN?

curtisag
01-01-2008, 07:29 AM
Have they ever tried to justify this? What possible justification could they have besides bias?

hamilton1049
01-01-2008, 07:35 AM
I noticed all day yesterday that the MSM seemed to work very hard to side step any mention of Dr Paul. I think the good Dr has diagnosed correctly again, they are scared as hell of him and us.

WilliamC
01-01-2008, 07:40 AM
I imagine the reporting after the primaries will be similar to this:

(Fox News) Des Moines, Iowa -- Republican Presidential candidate, Mitt Romney, has lost the Iowa Caucus that was held the other day.* The final results left Romney, who campaigned heavily in the State, with 22% percent of the vote. Another Republican Presidential candidate who showed early strength in Iowa, Mike Huckabee, came in second with 20% of the vote. John McCain came in third with 14%.

Besides Romney and the other two, the remaining candidates within the Republican field lost as well -- all except one, whom it was that did not lose. The other candidates that lost were as follows (in order of vote percentages):

Fred Thompson: 8%
Rudy Giuliani: 6%
Duncan Hunter 1%

During Romney's concession speech at the event, he stated: "I'm from the Republican wing of the Republican Party," which was a variation of the claim first coined by former Democratic Presidential candidate of 2004, Howard Dean. And in other news, Romney mentioned that it was important to have "a new face" in matters of reforming, and re-launching the Republican Party. Another theme of Romney's was his optimism. Romney claimed that Democrats were pessimists, whilst portraying himself as, in essence, former President Ronald Reagan.

Despite the fact that only one candidate, though not Romney, did not actually lose the straw poll, Romney's energy and passion is what Romney believes the Republican Party needs at this juncture in its history.

* At 29%, Ron Paul was the only candidate that did not lose the Iowa Caucus.

slamhead
01-01-2008, 07:42 AM
It was American Morning with John Roberts.

JohnnyWrath
01-01-2008, 07:44 AM
Media is in a Ron Paul blackout for the primaries. They are scared.

Just look at the CBS image they are using..

http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/images/2007/12/28/image3654359g.jpg

itshappening
01-01-2008, 07:47 AM
they're blackballing the good doctor!

slamhead
01-01-2008, 07:50 AM
Show contact page.

http://www.cnn.com/feedback/forms/form5.am.html

Joe3113
01-01-2008, 07:53 AM
happened yesterday on msnbc as well
they list rudy at 5% but not ron paul at 9-11%

This is getting F*CKING RIDICULOUS

freelance
01-01-2008, 07:55 AM
Have they ever tried to justify this? What possible justification could they have besides bias?

The intent is to make it look like Dr. Paul has dropped out of the race. The counter-offensive should be, "Ron Paul is running a 50-state campaign and is in for the long haul."

homah
01-01-2008, 08:06 AM
Not that there isn't tons of bias in the media, but their poll says:

Romney 31
Huckabee 28
Thompson 13
McCain 10
Paul 8
Guiliani 8

They showed only the top four and didn't show Guiliani either. So, it's not as if they showed everyone but Paul. That being said, 8% is substantial enough that they should be displaying everyone's totals.

slamhead
01-01-2008, 08:09 AM
Not that there isn't tons of bias in the media, but their poll says:

Romney 31
Huckabee 28
Thompson 13
McCain 10
Paul 8
Guiliani 8

They showed only the top four and didn't show Guiliani either. So, it's not as if they showed everyone but Paul. That being said, 8% is substantial enough that they should be displaying everyone's totals.

Wrong:

Romney 32
Huck 32
McCain 13
Paul 9
Thompson 9
Giuliani 5

homah
01-01-2008, 08:11 AM
Wrong:

Romney 32
Huck 32
McCain 13
Paul 9
Thompson 9
Giuliani 5

They just showed the numbers I quoted during a broadcast. I guess they were showing a different poll earlier. In any event, they left Guiliani out of the one they just showed. If they left Paul out with the above numbers, that is certainly wrong of them.

mjp1025
01-01-2008, 09:19 AM
Yeah, I've noticed on all of the news shows these days that Dr. Paul has been ignored even more than normal. Y'know what would be great, though? If RP would place second or third....all the media and "experts" would have to eat a major serving of crow...proving once and for all they don't know jack!

jake
01-01-2008, 09:23 AM
It's practically a complete blackout on Ron Paul now. The MSM is in "code blue" - threat to the establishment detected. People nationwide are now tuning in to follow the primaries (and choose their vote!!) how will the revolution responding to this blatant censorship?!

wgadget
01-01-2008, 09:26 AM
I noticed all day yesterday that the MSM seemed to work very hard to side step any mention of Dr Paul. I think the good Dr has diagnosed correctly again, they are scared as hell of him and us.

Heh. I bet they didn't even report that (that they are scared as hell of him and us).

Jeremy
01-01-2008, 09:28 AM
CNN also made false accusations against Paul supporters in a CNN blog. They said they were blocking Huck's office. Even Huck knows it wasn't RP supporters.

WilliamC
01-01-2008, 09:30 AM
There was an article in my local newspaper, The Memphis Commercial Appeal, about Ron Paul being excluded from the Fox News forum and (possibly) the ABC debate on January 5th. Page 3, from "Our Press Services" whatever that is. The caveat with the ABC News debate was that ABC News would wait to see the results of the Iowa caucus before making a final decision. Hopefully other local newspapers will carry the story too.

Jimmy
01-01-2008, 09:31 AM
Getting pretty obvious whats going on.

LibertyEagle
01-01-2008, 09:33 AM
We should've run a big 'ol ad in the Des Moines Register. That paper has been doing this crap to him all along. Even when they do cover him, they mischaracterize his views.

undergroundrr
01-01-2008, 09:36 AM
It's practically a complete blackout on Ron Paul now.

This seems to be true. Last weekend I spent time at my mother's house. She has no 'net. I was forced to surf Dish Satellite TV trying to find something, ANYTHING about Paul. The silence was deafening.

Perhaps the worst was C-Span's coverage of the campaign trail, with lengthy stump-speeches from Rudy McRomney and the democrats and no mention of Dr. Paul except for the good souls who spammed the call-in shows.

If you want real perspective, get all your news from TV and newspapers for a few days. It's ominous how controlled the information is.