PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul polling at 7% nationally -- now only 10% behind the leader

AceNZ
01-01-2008, 06:28 AM
Here are the latest national poll results from Rasmussen (as of 12/31):

McCain 17%
Romney 16%
Huckabee 16%
Giuliani 15%
Thompson 12%
Paul 7%

With the combination of an improvement in RP's results (up from 6%) and a flattening out of the rest of the field, RP is now only 10 points back from the leader, and of course we know how distorted the polls actually are....

shasshas
01-01-2008, 06:39 AM
sigh.. no real change :/

i would prefer to see the movement grip the nation and the ideas poll at 30-40% by now

the ideas are getting out there.. its just that people in America are too short sighter to see. thanks to Bush's incredible education system and his deflated intellect.

Joe3113
01-01-2008, 07:01 AM

i would prefer to see the movement grip the nation and the ideas poll at 30-40% by now

the ideas are getting out there.. its just that people in America are too short sighter to see. thanks to Bush's incredible education system and his deflated intellect.

Gotta keep pushing them. Getting them to watch 'Freedom to Fascism' is always a good start. We know these people aren't capable of reading, but a movie can work.

libertarian4321
01-01-2008, 07:02 AM

Its hard for anyone to hit 30-40% in a 6-person race, especially the guy that was polling at "*" just a few months ago.

We need to be realistic- the best hope we have is for a long primary process- we need to have the early primaries inconclusive- all 6 guys in a dog fight- that buys us more time to keep moving Dr. Paul's numbers up.

We face the situation that the New Orleans Saints faced last weekend, we not only need to keep working hard, we "need some help" in that events have to work out to our advantage.

If all goes well, Ron Paul just may save the country, but don't expect Americans to wake up tomorrow morning and move Dr. Paul up 10 or more points over night- as long as the numbers trend up, we are doing well.

JohnnyWrath
01-01-2008, 07:05 AM
add in 20% of independents, and vast number of libertarians and third parties....even some converted dems....then add in cell phones and first time votes, and then tell me the number.

WE CAN WIN

Joe3113
01-01-2008, 07:06 AM
Its hard for anyone to hit 30-40% in a 6-person race, especially the guy that was polling at "*" just a few months ago.

We need to be realistic- the best hope we have is for a long primary process- we need to have the early primaries inconclusive- all 6 guys in a dog fight- that buys us more time to keep moving Dr. Paul's numbers up.

We face the situation that the New Orleans Saints faced last weekend, we not only need to keep working hard, we "need some help" in that events have to work out to our advantage.

If all goes well, Ron Paul just may save the country, but don't expect Americans to wake up tomorrow morning and move Dr. Paul up 10 or more points over night- as long as the numbers trend up, we are doing well.

Don't forget they only poll Republicans who voted recently. 7% is a severe underestimation. It's more like 15% I'd say. And it will go up.

shasshas
01-01-2008, 07:12 AM
i think you guys are right. we just have to have faith in the ideas (that's the easiest part really) and let events show how the ideas are correct. the biggest disadvantage in the past has been the blocking by the establishment for the growth and absorption of these concepts. And of course Rn Paul is a great role model and should have the chance to demonstrate how he can make it work.

thanks !

newbitech
01-01-2008, 07:44 AM

Once we get rid of our puppeteer media and replace it with American Journalism then the nation might actually get polled in an honest manner.

Thomas Paine
01-01-2008, 08:19 AM
Aside from voters in Iowa and NH, the rest of the nation is sitting on the fence to see who emerges from these two states. It is imperative that Ron Paul place at least third (or higher) or tie for third in Iowa and NH to show that his campaign can not only raise tens of millions of dollars from a dedicated grass roots base but that it can also get out the vote.

LibertyEagle
01-01-2008, 08:23 AM
Gotta keep pushing them. Getting them to watch 'Freedom to Fascism' is always a good start. We know these people aren't capable of reading, but a movie can work.

While this movie may work great for the people you know, I don't think it is a good conversion mechanism for the general public. I wouldn't feel as strongly about this, if the more than questionable information about income taxes wasn't in this, but it is.

Paulite5112007
01-01-2008, 08:23 AM
Aside from voters in Iowa and NH, the rest of the nation is sitting on the fence to see who emerges from these two states. It is imperative that Ron Paul place at least third (or higher) or tie for third in Iowa and NH to show that his campaign can not only raise tens of millions of dollars from a dedicated grass roots base but that it can also get out the vote.

I agree...3rd place in Iowa and 3rd in N.H....strong 2nd in S.C. and win in Nevada would just about wrap it up for us.

curtisag
01-01-2008, 08:45 AM
While this movie may work great for the people you know, I don't think it is a good conversion mechanism for the general public. I wouldn't feel as strongly about this, if the more than questionable information about income taxes wasn't in this, but it is.

How is the information about income taxes more than questionable? I would really like to hear some different opinions on this. The income tax is illegal because:

It's not an apportioned tax as required in the constitution if it's a direct tax.

The supreme court said the 16th amendment conferred no new taxing power to the federal government.

There is no law requiring you to file a 1040, it even states in the IRS handbook it's "voluntary compliance".

And the states never ratified the 16th amendment correctly.

slamhead
01-01-2008, 08:47 AM

Unfortunately 12 second sound bites win over 2 hour videos.

Paulite5112007
01-01-2008, 08:50 AM
Judges interpret the law and unfortunately the rule in favor of the IRS. The only cases with any merit and who have won in court are cases where gold and silver coins minted by the US MINT were paid as wages based on face value. They essentially rulled the IRS cannot flip-flop on the value of a coin as it suits them...if that were the case, getting paid in pennies would be a tax killer as a penny's metal value is over 2 cents. BTW it is illegal to destroy a penny for the metal.

robert4rp08
01-01-2008, 08:53 AM
Here are the latest national poll results from Rasmussen (as of 12/31):

McCain 17%
Romney 16%
Huckabee 16%
Giuliani 15%
Thompson 12%
Paul 7%

With the combination of an improvement in RP's results (up from 6%) and a flattening out of the rest of the field, RP is now only 10 points back from the leader, and of course we know how distorted the polls actually are....

That's huge. There's no real clear leader, which shows that hard core Republicans are just as fed up as we are. With the margin of error and inclusion of independents and democrats, Paul is probably in the lead!

Adamsa

The Hope For America YouTube video always works.

Fyretrohl
Judges interpret the law and unfortunately the rule in favor of the IRS. The only cases with any merit and who have won in court are cases where gold and silver coins minted by the US MINT were paid as wages based on face value. They essentially rulled the IRS cannot flip-flop on the value of a coin as it suits them...if that were the case, getting paid in pennies would be a tax killer as a penny's metal value is over 2 cents. BTW it is illegal to destroy a penny for the metal.

Agreed. Until those who choose to risk so much by refusing to pay taxes actually start to win the cases regularly, you will not over take Joe Public with this video. Remember, growing up, many parents and teachers told you to do something, simply because they said so. Government is the same way.

asmartchimp
01-01-2008, 08:55 AM
LOL, McCain in first place? I can't believe anyone takes these polls seriously

Ron LOL
01-01-2008, 09:06 AM
Excuse me, but what the hell is this McCain bullshit. Flavor of the week indeed.

And I refuse to believe Fred "I Can't Believe I'm Running For President" Thompson is polling that high.

wfd40
01-01-2008, 09:09 AM
How is the information about income taxes more than questionable? I would really like to hear some different opinions on this. The income tax is illegal because:

It's not an apportioned tax as required in the constitution if it's a direct tax.

The supreme court said the 16th amendment conferred no new taxing power to the federal government.

There is no law requiring you to file a 1040, it even states in the IRS handbook it's "voluntary compliance".

And the states never ratified the 16th amendment correctly.

Illegal or not.. I think that the greatest argument against having an income tax is that the more money government has, the more corrupt it becomes. The more money they take from you, the more money gets put into the coffers of huge multinationals/corps working in collusion with whatever DEM/REPs they put into power with their money/donations.

That usually works on the majority of people I sell Dr. Paul's ideas to. A belief in Kenysian economics ASSUMES a HUGE amount of faith in the "Goodness" of those in the federal government to whom it has been appropriated. Remember, Paul doesn't necessarily have a problem with LOCAL taxes, because as we all know, it is far FAR more easier to keep in check a local political who wins or looses elections by very small margins than it is to challenge almost unassailable national figures like CLINTON and McCain.

:)