PDA

View Full Version : Collected my ideas, use as you like...

mdevour
01-01-2008, 03:31 AM
I'm starting this thread to gather into one spot a number of posts I made since the $23 Million goal was announced.

Either you folks have duplicated my thinking (not hard!) or I might have infected you with a few memes I thought were important. :D God knows I haven't the money I'd like to contribute to the campaign, at least I can lend it my mind...

In any case I hope some of these messages can stir some more ideas among us. You can trace the development of my thinking as I read along with all the brainstorming that was going on. Post 9 in this thread is probably the opus maximus of the group...

I read in one thread tonight somebody saying the new fundraising plans were starting to look like a clusterf***... NO WAY! We can't afford it. We can do better. We are doing better! Already you've got the framework taking shape that will do this thing.

It's gonna be a big job! Let's Roll!!

For Liberty!

Mike D.

mdevour
01-01-2008, 03:32 AM
A bunch of you just put a calculator to it and figured out $23 million's do-able any number of ways, just from the people who're already on the mailing list...

What this goal tells me is that the campaign's internal polling is saying more about the prospects for IA, NH and the other early states than they dare tell us.

:cool:

Have a Four-Million Dollar Friday, five times ... that's my suggestion!

[Edit:] I also like the idea a few posts back [in the original thread] about a one week fund drive...

For Liberty!

Mike D.

mdevour
01-01-2008, 03:35 AM
I don't know how these ideas will play into the decision(s) how to raise the $23 million, but I'd like everyone to think about them...

The aggressive goal Ron announced today tells me that internal polling or other data is giving them a lot of confidence in Iowa and New Hampshire.

IF SO, there will be a publicity surge that will have a lot of people Googling Ron Paul, starting the morning of January 4th and continuing throughout the week of the 6th through 12th.

These new potential supporters need to walk right into an exciting fundraising project just waiting to harness their enthusiasm and draw them into the fold.

So we need to have our plan in place before Iowa votes.

If we give them a few days to assimilate their new choice for President, we could kick off our fundraising push anytime that week, through the weekend.

We might even start on the 4th, ourselves, so the people who are instant converts see what's going on and can join right in.

Now, I don't know what shape the final plan should take, but I hope this gives everyone some more things to factor into it.

For Liberty!

Mike D.

mdevour
01-01-2008, 03:37 AM
I don't want to slow you down too much, guys, but can you give a little thought to the context surrounding your project, please???

I'm afraid the 17th is dangerously late to be doing most of our fundraising, and people saving up to give on the big day could STARVE the campaign when it desperately needs to be BUYING AIR TIME!!

On the other hand, giving your Benjamins for Paul event a "modest" goal of, say, 4 or 5 million dollars TO PUT RON PAUL OVER THE TOP might make for a really good plan!

Menthol, when you're thinking about the time it takes to organize and notify everybody, please THINK ABOUT THE NEW SUPPORTERS that will be joining us in the wake of IOWA and NEW HAMPSHIRE!!!

If we get 100,000 new donors from Dr. Paul's first big successes, it doesn't really matter if every single meetup volunteer knows about it. Those new people need to have a good reason to chip in, RIGHT THEN AND THERE!

We don't want to make those folks wait another week and a half before they contribute something and really buy into the r3VOLution!

I think we still need a plan to prepare for the post-IA/NH PUBLICITY SURGE and create a tidal wave of new money on the crest of it.

Your money bomb, and maybe others, can still go on, but then you'll be aiming for a comfortably realistic goal rather than trying to beat the Tea Party!

So Benjies for Paul can be the exclamation point at the end, instead of trying to carry the bulk of the weight!!

I'd feel a LOT better if we did something along those lines.

Please give this some thought?

Be well,

Mike D.

mdevour
01-01-2008, 03:39 AM
We need to remind people who come to these sites what all this is for... Enough money to blitz the airwaves in 20 states to WIN Super Tuesday for Ron Paul!

Gotta tell 'em why it's important. :D

Mike D.

mdevour
01-01-2008, 03:40 AM
We need a multi-pronged approach here.

A money bomb near the end of the fundraising push to get him OVER THE TOP is a great thing, and the timing of this one is perfect for that.

Remember, we should have 10's of thousands of NEW contributors coming on board after good showings in Iowa and New Hampshire.

We need to have something going on that they can contribute to right away, and then give again for the finale on the 17th! (With the 21st as a further fallback position if needed...)

You guys need to be ready to integrate your promotional efforts with whatever other projects start to get legs... That may mean adding links to other funding projects that are ongoing, like payday, for instance, or whatever else evolves in the next week or so. Then, when people come to pledge, there's a little nudge to get them to give sooner as well.

For Liberty!

Mike D.

Dave Pedersen
01-01-2008, 03:41 AM
heh.. sorry but 23 / 30 days (I think 30 days won't be enough time to put the money to use as they describe because that will give them about 4 days to spend it..)

but anyway 23 / 30 days equals..

$766 thousand dollars a day. Now come on. HQ is not thinking past what they need to accomplish everything they want.

They are not taking into consideration what effect it has to give such a number to the grassroots and just dump the problem on us like what we have done so far is a walk in the park. They actually said we have to triple our efforts.

I know what this tells me about HQ. What it tells anyone else is up to them.

mdevour
01-01-2008, 03:43 AM
Yes, something else is needed. As nicely as the 17th money bomb concept is coming along, I cannot see anything bringing $20-plus millions in a day! It's also pushing the campaign really hard to get the ad buys in time for Super Tuesday.

We need something ongoing for new people to jump into as soon as they commit after "discovering" Ron Paul when he places well in IA and NH.

If things go well, there will be a leap in donors and money rates starting as soon as the results in IA are announced. So, what will we have set up to channel and guide these new folks toward supporting Dr. Paul with their hard earned cash?

That money bomb is the capstone to the operation, but where's the rest going to come from?

For Liberty,

Mike D.

mdevour
01-01-2008, 03:47 AM
We all realize current supporters are pretty tired right now. We can't really expect to raise all of this money by ourselves in time to buy ads for Super Tuesday!

The most important thing to do is plan for the influx of new interest after Iowa, then New Hampshire, and each of the other early primary states.

Iowa caucuses next Thursday, folks! So lets set out the welcome mat for all those new Iowa supporters! Call it, "Welcome Home Iowa!"

Their State Motto: "Our liberties we prize and our rights we will maintain."

Sounds like our kind of folks, right!? There's a web site theme for you...

So we set a modest goal of, say $4 million dollars to be raised between when the caucus results are announced late Thursday and Sunday night!

That's 3 whole days, right when interest will be high. No pushing to break our own records! Getting new people involved in the excitement right away!

Tally: $4 million or more.

Then reset and do over!

New Hampshire primary on Tuesday the 8th: "Welcome New Hampshire!"

State Motto: "Live Free or Die!" :cool:

Let's shoot for another $5 million to welcome New Hampshire into the fold! Start it at the end of the day Tuesday, and ring up the tally at midnight Friday, the 11th...

Tally: $9 million plus...

Now, we gear up for Benjamins for Paul on the 17th, just after Michigan's primary on the 15th. Say by now we dare to try and break the Tea Party record of $6+ million...

Tally: $15 million plus all donations over goal and between events!

And, only if we need it:

Saturday January 19th, South Carolina and Nevada...

Monday, January 21, Martin Luther King day Freedom at Last celebration...

And onward, as long as we have to...

The overarching theme for all of these events is the goal of $23 Million to Win Super Tuesday.

There will need to be a single site with a catchy name that promotes all of the events and points people to the separate event sites.

Widgets on all web sites will report both progress toward the current event goal and the overall goal.

There will be a steady drive, a few days on, a few days to rest, and then hit it again...

Modest goals that are made to be exceeded...

Welcoming, wholesome themes to communicate our shared values...

New donors will realize up front that they'll be contributing several times...

A good flow of money into the campaign starting January 3rd...

And while all that's going on, there will be a steady stream of donations between events to boost us further towards our goal.

If Dr. Paul is doing well enough to earn this much attention, the money will be raised.

Tweak it, rename things, do what you like, but I think it has potential for an overall strategy. I think we need something like this to succeed.

For Liberty!

Mike D.

mdevour
01-01-2008, 05:30 AM
Hi Dave!

You wrote:
heh.. sorry but 23 / 30 days (I think 30 days won't be enough time to put the money to use as they describe because that will give them about 4 days to spend it..) but anyway 23 / 30 days equals..
$766 thousand dollars a day.

Yep, 30 days is waaaay too long... Let's tighten that up. We gotta face reality if we're going to meet this challenge!

Let's calculate:

If we start the drive early on Friday the 4th and wrap it up around the 22nd, so as to have the last of the money coming into the campaign with 2 weeks to spare before Super Tuesday, it means we have 18 days to collect $23 million!!

$23m/18d = $1.28 million per day :eek:

Now come on... They are not taking into consideration what effect it has to give such a number to the grassroots and just dump the problem on us like what we have done so far is a walk in the park. They actually said we have to triple our efforts.

Actually, I think we've been here before, Dave, about 3 months ago!

Shift your thinking just a little, like this:

We raised $10 million in 2 days...

We've got 18 days to slightly more than double that...

And we're going to have more than twice as many contributors to draw from!

I know what this tells me about HQ. What it tells anyone else is up to them.

Canny like a fox, Dave! They're canny like a fox, I tell you! :D

Seriously, sir, you raise a valid point. I'm sure all of us reacted the same way at first. The reality check is good. Thank you!

For Liberty!

Mike D.

european
01-01-2008, 06:37 AM
just to let you know that im reading all of this :)
i like it to read other peoples ideas, can only benefit from it, thanks and please keep going :D

bucfish
01-01-2008, 06:46 AM
New Years Resolution

WIN IOWA!!!

if we do and continue asking advertisers to boycott FOX this win could be the biggest defining moment of OUR cause. Let's win Iowa and continue a boycott of FOX and those who advertise on it.

sillvergirl
01-01-2008, 07:23 PM
This looks excellent!!!

Could the separate events (Welcome Home Iowa, Welcome New Hampshire,and Benjamins for Ben's Birthday) be integrated using a Second Declaration of Independence ( independence
from overreaching overly intrusive government, overtaxation, encroachment on individual liberties,etc.) theme, especially considering,as you have so adeptly shown, the state mottos of Iowa and New Hampshire voice a strong emphasis on the value of liberty? Ben Franklin's statement "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" fits with the liberty theme here as does Martin Luther King's birthday, with it's freedom and empowerment message. Is this helpful as a unifying concept?

enjoiskaterguy
01-01-2008, 08:26 PM
Yes, something else is needed. As nicely as the 17th money bomb concept is coming along, I cannot see anything bringing $20-plus millions in a day! It's also pushing the campaign really hard to get the ad buys in time for Super Tuesday.

We need something ongoing for new people to jump into as soon as they commit after "discovering" Ron Paul when he places well in IA and NH.

If things go well, there will be a leap in donors and money rates starting as soon as the results in IA are announced. So, what will we have set up to channel and guide these new folks toward supporting Dr. Paul with their hard earned cash?

That money bomb is the capstone to the operation, but where's the rest going to come from?

For Liberty,

Mike D.

I have an idea...

How about a website link on the major grassroots sites thats states something like....

"you surprised he did this well in Iowa and NH? Well come join the Ron Paul Revolution and help us raise our fundraising goal"

then under this title there would be a link for those that just hopped on the Ron Paul bandwagon and a short explanation of why Ron needs the money.

This money bomb website would be like a "new Paulite" welcome website for the sole pupose of the reaction of the Caucus' results. and then they can jump in and see a couple inspirational videos and then feel like DAMN I NEED TO DONATE NOW!!!

Kacela
01-01-2008, 08:32 PM
Somebody put SOMETHING together for the day/weekend after Iowa! It takes our team 3 full days to message all 92,000 friends of Ron Paul on MySpace! Has anybody registered WelcomeHomeIowa.com? We need to scramble here! We need to start the fundraising as soon as possible!