PDA

View Full Version : New Quarter... what should the goal be?

adpierce
01-01-2008, 03:05 AM
Guys we smashed the goal for this last quarter. Now we have a new quarter. We raised 19.5 million dollars this quarter. The next quarter is huge. We've got a lot of states where we can make an impact. If we can keep up the fundraising intensity regardless of what happens in IA and NH we can be more individualized to each state. A lot of people get ticked that just the "battleground states" are paid attention to. If we work hard to win the primaries of all states, that will send a message that our campaign is different than the other guys. We can pull out something unprecedented here, but we can't relent for a moment.

If I were in the campaign office I would set a goal of 30,000,000 for this next quarter. We this last quarter raised nearly 20,000,000 from a previous quarter of about 5,000,000 (we about quadrupled our fundraising from one quarter to the next). I don't think we can keep up that rate of growth, and I want the goal to be realistic so I think 30,000,000 is a good goal. What do you guys think? I don't know, but I don't think HQ is ignorant of us, our opinions matter to them, and if we the grassroots set a goal the HQ will probably take it into consideration.

shasshas
01-01-2008, 03:40 AM
goal should be ...

*** VIVA LAS VEGAS!!! ***

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-01-2008, 03:45 AM
We can start to worry about that after a few primaries. Right now focus has to be on the primaries themselves, making calls, getting people out for Ron, etc. We have proven that we can raise boatloads of cash in ONE DAY, so we don't need to plan out fundraising in advance right now.

xexkxex
01-01-2008, 03:46 AM
The Iowa caucus and the New Hampshire primary are only a few days away. Wyoming, Michigan, Nevada, South Carolina, Florida and Maine will soon follow. But on February 5th, nearly 20 other states will hold their contests on the same day! That's right. In just six short weeks, the Republican nominee for president will likely be determined.

As Wikipedia explains: "In the Spring of 2007, upwards of 20 states with over half the delegates to the national conventions moved to change their primary dates to 5 February 2008, creating the largest 'Super Tuesday' to date. Newswriters and political pundits have noted that this will dwarf the Super Tuesday primaries in previous cycles, creating a 'Giga Tuesday' or 'Super Duper Tuesday.'"

A year's worth of work is coming down to the next several weeks. Victory can be ours. But we must triple our efforts and triple the amount of money raised right away.

To run radio and television ads in 20 states simultaneously will cost a fortune. Not to mention the cost of voter contact mailings to those 20 states. And then there is the cost of contacting hundreds of thousands of people by phone. All of this, plus other projects, will cost $23 million more than we presently have in the bank.

The progress we’ve made in 11 months is phenomenal. The dedication, creativity, generosity, and just plain hard work by you and tens of thousands of other Americans have already made history.

But we are not finished making history! First, Ron Paul becomes the Republican nominee. Second, Dr. Paul becomes President Paul. Third, our country becomes America again.

The time is now. Please make your most generous donation today. Go to https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/.

Sincerely,

Kent Snyder
Chairman
Ron Paul 2008

Last quarter the goal was $12 million...

Given the letter above from Kent Snyder.... I think $23 million is our new goal. Almost double our last goal, yet more than what we raised.

Let's do this ;)

Paulite5112007
01-01-2008, 03:48 AM
Consider that by the end of this quarter we may know who the Rep. nominee will be, a quarterly goal should be secondary to a goal for the end of January. I think 10 million for Jan. is being aggressive but still reasonable....8 million if we want to ensure we reach it.

Paulite5112007
01-01-2008, 03:49 AM
EDIT: 23 million is a little out there unless we REALLY do well in the early states. Meaning we win a couple outright.

xexkxex
01-01-2008, 03:55 AM
We can start to worry about that after a few primaries. Right now focus has to be on the primaries themselves, making calls, getting people out for Ron, etc. We have proven that we can raise boatloads of cash in ONE DAY, so we don't need to plan out fundraising in advance right now.

Dude....it's a thread for discussion on a message board.

There is absolutely no need to dog someone's thread/post/idea because you feel like it does not live up to what "you" think we should be doing/discussing.

If you are going to contribute to a thread...try to do it in a positive why.

Talking down to people on their ideas/posts/threads/thoughts is not cool. Some might even call the the "T" word...but I know that you are not from reading you.

So....Please do not do it. It does not help things.

I'm cool with you taking a shot at me...I'll leave it alone. I've said all I'm going to say about this or to you about this.

Later.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-01-2008, 03:58 AM
WTF? How am I dogging anyone or taking anyone down??

I just said we don't need to focus on longterm planning for fundraising right now.

Sheesh.

pikerz
01-01-2008, 04:05 AM
We need a good showing in Iowa and NH first--- that will bring new blood.

If enough new folks can catch our our level of enthusiasm for Dr Paul, then all-bets-are-off as to what the upside fund raising limits are.

Personally, I am less worried about the money right now. I'm worried about boots on the ground, and reaching all the people that generally dont get lathered with attention during the election cycle.

Examples:

1) Rural areas are ripe for the picking, but the extra effort to reach those areas usually keeps people out. Issues like property rights play huge in these areas, and literally get zero mention from other candidates. Also, people fed up with what they see going on around them tend to move to areas where they can get privacy. Theres an established pattern of flight from urban areas to suburban areas to rural areas.

2) Masses of working class Americans are completely tuned out to both the political process and political media. We can capitalize on this in a very big way. We literally have an opportunity to create hoardes of Paul supporters that are TOTALLY IMMUNE to mainstream media smears. All it takes is a simple, powerful message like "peace, freedom, and prosperity", or "eliminate the income tax" and the simple act of taking the time to meet them at their own level and talk to them, to win people over and KEEP them.

Mithridates
01-01-2008, 05:23 AM
WTF? How am I dogging anyone or taking anyone down??

I just said we don't need to focus on longterm planning for fundraising right now.

Sheesh.

Agreed. A little chilling is in order here. Perhaps this will calm things down.

http://pinker.wjh.harvard.edu/photos/cape_cod_II/images/Hopper%20landscape.jpg

Kilrain
01-01-2008, 05:52 AM
The goal is simple: Enough votes to get Dr. Paul nominated. Get out and talk to people!

Oh, and donating is also good. Do it when you're not out getting new votes.

european
01-01-2008, 06:09 AM
we have to get a new huge moneybomb, please spread the word about January 17th, Benjamin Franklins 302nd birthday. www.benjaminsforpaul.com

DXDoug
01-01-2008, 06:17 AM
24 Million sounds reasonable. With new donors everyday 50k-100k from them and our money bombs. Will have 8-12 Mil first month second 3rd who knows but should atleast be 24 million by end of quarter

adpierce
01-01-2008, 03:15 PM
It looks like so far that most of you guys think that a goal in the mid-twenty million range is a reasonable goal. I agree, some of you make a good point of us probably having a slower month in January. If we go with the Paul's Payday idea however I hope everybody realizes that we'll raise less by not having money bombs. Say we actually do cut Dr. Paul a half-million dollar check every friday. There are 3 months in a quarter. Say we allow 4 weeks per month (it's actually under this but let's round up for the sake of argument) then we have 12 weeks until the next quarter is over. At that rate Dr. Paul will only raise 6 million dollars. I know that there is a huge benefit in having regular donations, however we need to have money bombs from time to time to keep up the intensity in fundraising.