PDA

View Full Version : I have a problem with the student visas thing.

AggieforPaul
01-01-2008, 03:03 AM
Its "visas", not "visa's". HQ should hire me, I know the difference between plural and singular possessive.

Ron LOL
01-01-2008, 03:06 AM
:D

raiha
01-01-2008, 03:06 AM
"I know the difference between plural and singular possessive."

:D:D You've just given me Hope for America

adpierce
01-01-2008, 03:10 AM
Some people have been taught (incorrectly) to have the apostrophe added to the singular possessive. It's kind of difficult to unlearn. I know I've worked hard to unlearn it since I've been a college student (last semester finally).

ThomasJ
01-01-2008, 04:04 AM
For some reason I always want to type alot as such and a few other choice words spelled incorrectly.

Correcting an error is often a difficult process.

(like Dub-ya for instance)

JohnnyWrath
01-01-2008, 05:42 AM
Its "visas", not "visa's".

It's :D

Joe3113
01-01-2008, 05:48 AM
Its "visas", not "visa's". HQ should hire me, I know the difference between plural and singular possessive.

I'm shocked!! .......ok that's it.......i'm out......i'm leaving ....it's all over ........the world is gonna end ....wahhhhhw wahhhhhh.... :p

Enzo
01-01-2008, 05:50 AM
The ad actually had it as VISA's... somehow showing a possessive credit card?

Live_Free_Or_Die
01-01-2008, 05:54 AM
nt

Ron LOL
01-01-2008, 05:54 AM

Thanks, I didn't have the heart to point that one out.

noztnac
01-01-2008, 05:56 AM
I think we should only give MasterCards to students from terrorist states. They don't need no stinking Visas.

Ron LOL
01-01-2008, 06:03 AM

I noticed that too.

Hey, maybe it'll turn out that RP is just denying credit cards to students from terrorist nations and this'll all be water under the bridge :D

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-01-2008, 06:26 AM
Thanks, I didn't have the heart to point that one out.

The OP claimed to be an expert on plural and singular possessive, but made no such claim for contraptions. ;)

danberkeley
01-01-2008, 06:37 AM

OMG! you should post that on the video's youtube forum.
And to further clarify: It's student VISA's from terrorist nations... not FOR, which is what many people have been assuming when they rant about the ad

danberkeley
01-01-2008, 06:41 AM
I think we should only give MasterCards to students from terrorist states. They don't need no stinking Visas.

NO!! we should use AMERICAN!!!!!! Express credit cards.... lol

danberkeley
01-01-2008, 06:44 AM
I noticed that too.

Hey, maybe it'll turn out that RP is just denying credit cards to students from terrorist nations and this'll all be water under the bridge :D

NO! RE-read it again. Ron Paul wants to deny student VISA's FRRRROOOOMMM terrorist countries.

Nefertiti
01-01-2008, 07:22 AM

QFT.

It's always those who think they are so clever in putting down others for their inability to spell or use punctuation properly that wind up making another error in the process of pointing out an error in the first place.

Nefertiti
01-01-2008, 07:25 AM

And some more corrections here:

1-In American English, punctuation goes inside the quotes, not outside, so "visas," and "visa's."

2-In the second sentence, a semicolon should be used rather than a comma.

Tell me again. What job did you want at HQ?

WilliamC
01-01-2008, 07:25 AM

Heck no, give 'em American Express. That way they have to pay off the balance every month ;)

Jodi
01-01-2008, 08:01 AM

LOL

AdoubleR
01-01-2008, 08:15 AM
I didn't like this advert because of the message... What exactly constitutes a terrorist nation? That's the lingering question I had in my mind... For instance; is Iraq a terrorist nation as they defend their sovereignity? Yes, I'm sure there's loads of spelling mistakes, but when you type 90 WPM, who cares if you made a couple of errors... :D

wisconsinite
01-01-2008, 08:47 AM
The OP claimed to be an expert on plural and singular possessive, but made no such claim for contraptions. ;)

Umm....I think you mean contractions. Contraptions are machines that are unnecessarily complicated. ;)

Adamsa
01-01-2008, 08:52 AM
I didn't like this advert because of the message... What exactly constitutes a terrorist nation? That's the lingering question I had in my mind... For instance; is Iraq a terrorist nation as they defend their sovereignity? Yes, I'm sure there's loads of spelling mistakes, but when you type 90 WPM, who cares if you made a couple of errors... :D

Who cares, people come away thinking Ron Paul is a hawk for once. ;)