PDA

View Full Version : Local Central Florida News 13 Citrus Bowl Blimp Pimp

Thanehand
01-01-2008, 02:02 AM
No sooner had my wife and I shot the video of the blimp and put it up on YouTube than a local news channel used some of it in a (mostly) nice piece about the blimp flying over the Citrus Bowl tomorrow.

Ahhh ... the pacified masses ... try to ignore the ignorance of the two people near the end (which I comment about in my video notes) :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seK4XIDDowY

Man from La Mancha
01-01-2008, 02:10 AM
How much would that 2 minute spot cost, naysayers?

xexkxex
01-01-2008, 02:16 AM

QFT

PS - She is a good lookin' woman ;)

Micahyah
01-01-2008, 02:21 AM
the blimp is already worth the 400,000 spent.

Name recognition is still our biggest challenge. The message is a winner, obviously.

Chadd Murray
01-01-2008, 03:18 AM

I don't know, but if we bought a 2-minute spot it would be 100% positive without the negative of having people at the end of the story saying he's long shot.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-01-2008, 06:11 AM

How much did it cost the blimp? And how effective was it, given the negativity at the end? Who are you going to believe? Some regular people going to a football game, or some lady at a political campaign headquarters?

The blimp has to stay 3 miles away from the stadium. Is that how this is going to be? Or is that just for now? If it were going to be over the stadium, it would have real people seeing it and talking about it throughout the game. That's where I think the blimp value is... real people seeing something real. Most people inclined to support Paul shut down when they see political talk on TV.

I'm personally inclined to fund the blimp because I don't want to see the deluge of negative press if it stops flying. But, I'm not convinced that particular 2 minutes of press was worth much at all. What did we hear about Paul, besides that he's a fringe candidate with a blimp that people don't want at their football game?

smartguy911
01-01-2008, 06:19 AM
QFT

PS - She is a good lookin' woman ;)

seriously :D

smartguy911
01-01-2008, 06:23 AM
Just pray that all goes well in Jan and that we get people to go home and actually search him on Internet.

Personally, only time i will search for something if i see something 2 or 3 times. I think 1st time around people always ignore it. So, if they keep circling that area, it might work.

bucfish
01-01-2008, 06:24 AM
How much did it cost the blimp? And how effective was it, given the negativity at the end? Who are you going to believe? Some regular people going to a football game, or some lady at a political campaign headquarters?

The blimp has to stay 3 miles away from the stadium. Is that how this is going to be? Or is that just for now? If it were going to be over the stadium, it would have real people seeing it and talking about it throughout the game. That's where I think the blimp value is... real people seeing something real. Most people inclined to support Paul shut down when they see political talk on TV.

I'm personally inclined to fund the blimp because I don't want to see the deluge of negative press if it stops flying. But, I'm not convinced that particular 2 minutes of press was worth much at all. What did we hear about Paul, besides that he's a fringe candidate with a blimp that people don't want at their football game?

The whole goal of marketing is to keep a message reinforced in people's mind. In hopes that eventually they will take action, i.e. buy your good or service or as in OUR case listen to RP's message and then decide for themselves. His message is powerful and although they get a great deal of misinformation about RP from the media outlets. His truth will eventually shine through to those who listen to his message.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-01-2008, 06:30 AM
I'm with ya... I just don't see the need to falsely inflate the value of a "Fringe Candidate has a Blimp" news spots. The blimp needs to be in front of people, too.

Moxxar
01-01-2008, 06:40 AM
Damn..too bad I don't live in Central Florida. That woman would make volunteering so much more fun :D

ronpaulfollower999
01-01-2008, 07:09 AM
"He's to far behind in the polls?!!" LMAO

Just you wait mister.