PDA

View Full Version : Is ronpaulforum.com legit?

po14015
07-13-2007, 12:04 PM
notice the lack of the S on forum. This is another forum site. I got an email saying it is stealing passwords. True or False??
Thank you.

Jared
07-13-2007, 12:05 PM
Avoid it. The owners just want to make money.

JoshLowry
07-13-2007, 12:06 PM
Most likely false.

rpf2008
07-13-2007, 12:34 PM
I posted a message there and it got deleted a few days later.

Stay away.

remaxjon
07-13-2007, 12:36 PM
I love ronpaulforpresident2008.com

Roxi
07-13-2007, 12:50 PM
im assuming since it was hacked a few weeks ago they were smart enough to implement a password stealer as well......

Exponent
07-13-2007, 12:54 PM
I post there every now and then. Usually to help synchronize them with information that is all over the place here. And usually with a link (to here) saying where I got the information. Haven't had any problems yet, myself.

Sal Collaziano
07-13-2007, 01:10 PM

I don't see a single ad there. I seriously doubt they're up to anything devious. However, I found them first and chose to sign up here instead.

mconder
07-13-2007, 01:19 PM
They also spoof their viewing stats.

mdh
07-13-2007, 01:20 PM
notice the lack of the S on forum. This is another forum site. I got an email saying it is stealing passwords. True or False??
Thank you.

An email from who? You should forward this email to the owner/manager of ronpaulforum so that they can address the issue as necessary.

ronpaul1
07-13-2007, 01:24 PM

What?

ronpaul1
07-13-2007, 01:25 PM

Do you want to back that moronic statment up? Or do you want me to subpoena Josh for your email, and then sue you for every last cent you have?

mdh
07-13-2007, 01:27 PM
Do you want to back that moronic statment up? Or do you want me to subpoena Josh for your email, and then sue you for every last cent you have?

lol @ subpoena. I love how most people use the word without knowing wth a subpoena is.

torchbearer
07-13-2007, 01:32 PM
what is wrong with making money?

ronpaul1
07-13-2007, 01:32 PM
I love how most people use the word without knowing wth a subpoena is.

Trust me, I am well aware of what a subpoena is. I want an apology from that 15 yr kid. If he thinks he can get away with defaming me, then he is in for a big suprise. I would like to know how that site makes money.

rpf2008
07-13-2007, 01:35 PM
Trust me, I am well aware of what a subpoena is. I want an apology from that 15 yr kid. If he thinks he can get away with defaming me, then he is in for a big suprise. I would like to know how that site makes money.

This person is correct, the site is not setup to make money. If anything THIS site is setup to make money.

This site runs ads (by google, you'll notice they run ads for the other side).
The other site runs no ads what so ever.

I'm a web master, in a position to know

I stand behind what I said before, I made a post there and it got deleted. I made the same exact post here and it never got deleted. That's why I'm here, and not there.

mdh
07-13-2007, 01:36 PM

I agree with you, and with torchbearer here, but shouting 'subpoena' is vastly inferior than just calling out all the crap that has been said in this thread and demanding proof. (You'll notice, I did just that in my first response regarding who sent the email referenced in the OP and stating that it should be forwarded to the ronpaulforum management).

Since the ronpaulforum.com management appears to be among us now, I would politely request that the OP help further transparency by simply posting the email here, including all headers.

Exponent
07-13-2007, 01:37 PM
They also spoof their viewing stats.
What makes you say that? Or is it just speculation?

mdh
07-13-2007, 01:37 PM
This person is correct, the site is not setup to make money. If anything THIS site is setup to make money.

This site runs ads (by google, you'll notice they run ads for the other side).
The other site runs no ads what so ever.

I'm a web master, in a position to know

But I stand behind what I said before, I made a post there and it got deleted. I made the same exact post here and it never got deleted. That's why I'm here, and not there.

I don't see why there's anything wrong with it either way. Free markets, kids. This site gets a lot of traffic, and a lot of people overpay for their hosting, so... if ads help Josh dissuage that cost, more power to him.

Bob Cochran
07-13-2007, 01:38 PM
what is wrong with making money?
Absolutely nothing. Capitalism runs on greed.

Greed in its purest form is nothing more than the desire to make money.

However, when human frailties creep in, like the desire to control/dominate others, the desire for ever-increasing status and power, and greed very rarely exists without being accompanied by these things, then greed gets a bad name.

ronpaul1
07-13-2007, 01:40 PM
It's very insulting when people insult your hard work. These forums cost several hundred dollars to set up and running one is almost a full time job. Even with adsense on a place like this forum, you still lose money.

Trust me, Josh loses money every month running this forum, just like I lose money. And when you do something for a higher porpuse, and someone like Jared
comes along and says you are only in it for the money, It's fuckin insulting.

rpf2008
07-13-2007, 01:41 PM
It's very insulting when people insult your hard work. These forums cost several hundred dollars to set up and running one is almost a full time job. Even with adsense on a place like this forum, you still lose money.

Trust me, Josh loses money every month running this forum, just like I lose money. And when you do something for a higher porpuse, and someone comes along and says you are only in it for the money, It's fuckin insulting.

Especially considering you run no ads on the site !

BTW, hundreds of dollars? I run several web sites off of $2 per month. Why is the cost so high ?

mdh
07-13-2007, 01:41 PM
These forums cost several hundred dollars to set up

Yeouch! Some people are *really* overpaying for their hosting. :eek: :eek: :eek:

GreenApples
07-13-2007, 01:42 PM
What makes you say that? Or is it just speculation?

It's true.

http://FredThompsonForum.com and http://RonPaulForum.com are run by the same people.

Look at the registration info:

http://whois.domaintools.com/ronpaulforum.com

http://whois.domaintools.com/fredthompsonforum.com

Take a look at the PO Box number in the who is section.

Stats are faked on both of their sites. It's very easy to do with vbulletin using this hack: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=117933

You can make the software show as many people "viewing" as you want.

Their two sites always have a large "number viewing" but the actual traffic statistics show otherwise which means they have been faked: http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?site0=ronpaulforums.com%2F&site1=ronpaulforum.com%2F&site2=fredthompsonforum.com%2F& site3=&site4=&y=r&z=1&h=300&w=610&range=3m&size=Me dium&url=ronpaulforums.com/ (http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?site0=ronpaulforums.com%2F&site1=ronpaulforum.com%2F&site2=fredthompsonforum.com%2F&%20site3=&site4=&y=r&z=1&h=300&w=610&range=3m&size=Me%20dium&url=ronpaulforums.com/)

It's pretty dishonest to fake your stats in my opinion.

rpf2008
07-13-2007, 01:42 PM
Maybe it's not the hosting, maybe they paid other people to do it all for them (I service people like that) and that can get expensive quick !

rpf2008
07-13-2007, 01:43 PM
Their two sites always have a large "number viewing" but the actual traffic statistics show otherwise which means they have been faked: http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?site0=ronpaulforums.com%2F&site1=r onpaulforum.com%2F&site2=fredthompsonforum.com%2F& site3=&site4=&y=r&z=1&h=300&w=610&range=3m&size=Me dium&url=ronpaulforums.com/

It's pretty dishonest to fake your stats in my opinion.

Alexa is not the end all be all of internet traffic. You should know this. If you have no actual proof of stats being faked please don't claim it as true.

torchbearer
07-13-2007, 01:45 PM
Especially considering you run no ads on the site !

BTW, hundreds of dollars? I run several web sites off of $2 per month. Why is the cost so high ?

Depnds on how much bandwidth you are pushing through and what kind of software access you need on your server. To provide a good service commercial on a big scale, it would cost more than $2 a month.
But any money given towards the cause regardless of amount is a good thing...

I understand the gentlemen's anger, though my suggestion would be to step away from the keyboard for a few... nothing will be solved in this thread. that is a given.
go outside, kick a tree or lamp post.
it helps.

JoshLowry
07-13-2007, 01:46 PM
We pay $169 a month for hosting, we make on average about 5 dollars a day from google adsense. So it really makes the server bill about 20 bucks a month.

It's a dedicated server and the server can handle high loads on days that we get lots of traffic. I'd rather pay for a dedicated server than share a server with 200 other people. Paying 5 bucks a month for hosting has its pluses and minuses.

rpf2008
07-13-2007, 01:47 PM
I don't thinking owning two domains for different politicians makes you guilty of anything (other than supporting two people).

It's almost impossible for anyone besides the web master to know if the viewing stats are fake or not. We have a thread here with ~300 replies BUT ~3,000 views - it's not odd for people to view a thread more than they respond to it.

I think people should present their evidence (_FACTS_) before ripping on someone.

torchbearer
07-13-2007, 01:55 PM
The only thing i can say about the stats on the other forum... it appears the refresh rate on the number of people online might be set for a longer period than this site... either that... or there are a 1000 guest viewing a couple of new threads every hour.
That is the reason i post over here so much... the threads move quckly, there are many people posting and discussing...
There isn't much of any of that at the other site... i've even posted over on the other forum about that... i don't think its wrong, but i think that is what the other person was talking about when they were talking about 'fake' stats. then again i could be totally wrong. it happens a lot.

ronpaul1
07-13-2007, 01:56 PM
The vbullitin software alone costs $200. Install is I believe another 150 or so.
GreenApples! Don't even make me tell these people about all the bullshit sites you got. Especially the fake donation one's and the Oboma forum.

But all thats besides the point. Jared, you owe me an apology.

Mesogen
07-13-2007, 01:56 PM
If you try to refer to this forum in that forum, the letters are all scrambled. Try it.

type in ronpaulforums.com and try to post it.
:)

rpf2008
07-13-2007, 01:57 PM
I'm going back to making signs :)

ronpaulforum.com

JoshLowry
07-13-2007, 01:59 PM
The vbullitin software alone costs $200. Install is I believe another 150 or so.
GreenApples! Don't even make me tell these people about all the bullshit sites you got. Especially the fake donation one's and the Oboma forum.

But all thats besides the point. Jared, you owe me an apology.

Vbulletin costs $85.00 per year if you lease it.

It costs $160.00 if you want to own it.

It costs $0 to install the software.

ronpaul1
07-13-2007, 02:01 PM
Josh, I am asking nicely that you Pm me jareds email address.

torchbearer
07-13-2007, 02:01 PM
Vbulletin costs $85.00 per year if you lease it.

It costs $160.00 if you want to own it.

It costs $0 to install the software.

what version of vbulletin are you using?

JoshLowry
07-13-2007, 02:03 PM
what version of vbulletin are you using?

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5

It's in the lower right hand corner of your screen.

torchbearer
07-13-2007, 02:05 PM
AH! I see it now.
how many skin template do you have available?
i like the way vbulletin is setup, i'm thinking about using it as the setup for our state party's forum.

mdh
07-13-2007, 02:05 PM
We pay $169 a month for hosting, we make on average about 5 dollars a day from google adsense. So it really makes the server bill about 20 bucks a month.

It's a dedicated server and the server can handle high loads on days that we get lots of traffic. I'd rather pay for a dedicated server than share a server with 200 other people. Paying 5 bucks a month for hosting has its pluses and minuses.

Ooof. I have two servers, my main one being a dedicated server from http://www.dedibox.fr/ - these guys are 45EU/month (about $63 USD per month) for nice hardware and unmetered bandwidth. Been with them for close to a year now and in that whole time maybe 10 minutes of outage.
The other one is with a semi-private provider.

JoshLowry
07-13-2007, 02:06 PM
Josh, I am asking nicely that you Pm me jareds email address.

I don't know who you are and I'm not giving out members information.

You can send him a private message.

constituent
07-13-2007, 02:07 PM
ronpaul1 pushy pushy...

has anyone else noticed an increase in this sort of thing lately?

JoshLowry
AH! I see it now.
how many skin template do you have available?
i like the way vbulletin is setup, i'm thinking about using it as the setup for our state party's forum.

Yea, it's great. I am pretty sure it's the top commercial forum software.

ronpaul1
Josh, are you sending me his email?

mdh
It's true.

http://FredThompsonForum.com and http://RonPaulForum.com are run by the same people.

http://whois.domaintools.com/ronpaulforum.com

http://whois.domaintools.com/fredthompsonforum.com

Take a look at the PO Box number in the who is section.

These aren't the same at all. One is a godaddy.com private registration, even.

ronpaul1
07-13-2007, 02:08 PM
Josh, I can understand that. But he did defame me. Go to my site and look under "introduce yourself" Thier you will get a clue to my past employer.

So the question is, what is more important to you. You adsense account, or his email?

michaelwise
07-13-2007, 02:08 PM
The more blogs the merrier, for Ron Paul. How many blogs and forums do the other candidates have?

constituent
07-13-2007, 02:09 PM
i'm staying around here inspite of the politkos out there trying to drag everyone else into their non-sense... getting all personal and whompin' down with the threats... you shut up or i'll sue your @$$.

alot of folks out there trying to keep alot of other folks from airing their opinions methinks.

Come on man! It's the internet... go outside, kick a lamp post or a tree it helps [awesome torchbearer!]

mdh
07-13-2007, 02:10 PM
Yea, it's great. I am pretty sure it's the top commercial forum software.

Yeah, vBulletin looks/works really well. Most of the sites I frequent use vBulletin or SimpleMachineForums or that Joomla forum plugin (I forget what it's called).

constituent
eww josh... extortion... look out!

mdh
Josh, I can understand that. But he did defame me. Go to my site and look under "introduce yourself" Thier you will get a clue to my past employer.

So the question is, what is more important to you. You adsense account, or his email?

Uhhhh. This is distinctly an uncool statement.

JoshLowry
07-13-2007, 02:11 PM

So you are threatening me that I give out private information or something happens to my adsense account?

constituent
07-13-2007, 02:12 PM
that's it...

you're not invited to my birthday.

torchbearer
07-13-2007, 02:16 PM
Isn't extortion illegal?
That kind of talk never leads anywhere good for anyone involved.

I'm going to go check and make sure my ron paul signs are still up.

ronpaul1
07-13-2007, 02:21 PM
I don't mean to sound like an asshole, but that kid has been going all over the net defaming me. I want to go after him, unless he offers an apology.

constituent
07-13-2007, 02:22 PM
I've had this discussion with another other party type on this forum already... what is with this??

Internet Freedom and Fraud was the thread... I might have been wrong on the matter, but might not... it's up to you.

ronpaul1
07-13-2007, 02:24 PM
And he's the one I believe that is sending out the phony emails, which strangly enough have the same ip as the person that hacked the site. You can see why im being such an asshole.

constituent
07-13-2007, 02:25 PM
RPF2008...

the variance in your statements on this particular thread have me spinning around, not that I matter really, but do you care to clarify so that I might understand your feelings on this situation?

mdh
07-13-2007, 02:26 PM
I don't mean to sound like an asshole, but that kid has been going all over the net defaming me. I want to go after him, unless he offers an apology.

At some point in this thread, he looked really bad for making such claims and not backing them up when called out on it. At this point, however, you've unfortunately gone beyond that and even made implied threats against Josh... :eek:

rpf2008
07-13-2007, 02:29 PM
And he's the one I believe that is sending out the phony emails, which strangly enough have the same ip as the person that hacked the site. You can see why im being such an asshole.

This should seriously be looked into !

rpf2008
07-13-2007, 02:31 PM
RPF2008...

the variance in your statements on this particular thread have me spinning around, not that I matter really, but do you care to clarify so that I might understand your feelings on this situation?

1. I posted at the other forum and my post was deleted. I made the exact same post here and it wasn't deleted, that's why I stay here.

2. I'm a web master also and I know that only the web master knows if the site statistics are fake.

3. If someone is going to claim XYZ about the other site they should have proof.

4. I think most of this is a waste of time and I'd rather be making signs (just got done with another one)

I also made some unrelate comments about the cost of web hosting and the fact that THIS site, not the other site in question is run "for profit". This site runs ads, the other does not. Some of the ads that show on this site are for Hillary and etc.

constituent
07-13-2007, 02:32 PM
glad to hear it rpf, thank you much....

enjoy the sign making, always a blast!

rpf2008
07-13-2007, 02:33 PM
glad to hear it rpf, thank you much....

enjoy the sign making, always a blast!

No problem :) I got caught up (like everyone else) in the heat of the moment, it's easy for things to get confusing.

constituent
07-13-2007, 02:34 PM
RonPaul1 please read the

"internet freedom and fraud" thread, the similarities here are... well...

ronpaul1
07-13-2007, 02:35 PM
I think green apples, jared, and possibly the OP are connected, and connected to a site that we reported to the FBI. That site was set up as a phony way to make people believe they were donating to Ron Paul. We warned them first, but they didn't do anything, except potentially hack one of our sites. There even collected phony donations for other candidates.

rpf2008
07-13-2007, 02:38 PM
I think green apples, jared, and possibly the OP are connected, and connected to a site that we reported to the FBI. That site was set up as a phony way to make people believe they were donating to Ron Paul. We warned them first, but they didn't do anything, except potentially hack one of our sites. There even collected phony donations for other candidates.

Care to present your proof considering the kind of claims you are making ?

Thank you

mdh
07-13-2007, 02:41 PM
I place little faith in the OP as well, as someone with very few posts prior to this smear attempt.

torchbearer
07-13-2007, 02:42 PM
only Josh can get the info to see if all those accounts are being logged on at the same location... unless that guy uses proxy servers for each one. most people are too lazy to set all that stuff up though.
I'd like to see proof also, I'm not demanding it, nor do i have a right to it... i'm just curious as to what is going on around here.

rpf2008
07-13-2007, 02:44 PM
Well I think if ronpaul1 demands proof for other peoples claims I have the right to demand proof of his claims. Especially when they bring up the FBI and what not.

I'm not saying it's not true, I've seen at least one site I believe to be involved in fundraising fraud.

torchbearer is about to hit 1000 post !!!

torchbearer
07-13-2007, 02:47 PM
1001 baby!
You might be a Ron Paul junkie if...

What do I win? What do I win?
geez, I hope its my very own O Rly Owl.

ronpaul1
07-13-2007, 02:49 PM
Im not going to offer anything on a open forum

remaxjon
07-13-2007, 02:50 PM

report to the IRS then they will be really fucked

To be honest ronpaulforpresident2008 has been a great tool for me to get supporters. The person or people running that site do a great job. Its always updated and looks great. The forums over there arn't that great because no one ever comments but other then that the videos and articles are an easy way to the message out and any help we can give them we should. I hope RonPaul1 is able to present his case to Josh and if Josh's is convinced then he should give him what ever info he wants. Its also curious to me that no one mentioned has been here to defend themselves yet.

ronpaul1
07-13-2007, 02:51 PM
And not to sound like an asshole. But the only way I can get to the bottum of this is with his email. Notice he hasn;t reponded in this thread, yet is still online.

mdh
07-13-2007, 02:52 PM
Im not going to offer anything on a open forum

If you won't offer proof on an open forum, why waste all of our time by offering accusations on an open forum? :p

mdh
07-13-2007, 02:52 PM
And not to sound like an asshole. But the only way I can get to the bottum of this is with his email. Notice he hasn;t reponded in this thread, yet is still online.

I wouldn't worry too much - I doubt anyone here places any credibility with the OP at this point, nor will until he provides hard evidence that we can look into for ourselves.

torchbearer
07-13-2007, 02:54 PM

My humble suggestion, get a Judge to issue an order for the information you seek. If a judge finds your claims credible, then you can legally claim the information from Josh, and the judges order relieves Josh of any personal liability in giving out the information...
If it is that important to you... I'd get started on the process ASAP.

mdh
07-13-2007, 02:55 PM
report to the IRS then they will be really fucked

Frauds of that nature are not the jurisdiction of the IRS. Generally they are under the jurisdiction of the USSS and/or the FBI (with the FBI often taking a more active role). There would likely also be FEC involvement if for no reason other than to tack on additional charges at prosecution time.

remaxjon
07-13-2007, 02:56 PM
Frauds of that nature are not the jurisdiction of the IRS. Generally they are under the jurisdiction of the USSS and/or the FBI (with the FBI often taking a more active role). There would likely also be FEC involvement if for no reason other than to tack on additional charges at prosecution time.

it was a joke
:D

mdh
07-13-2007, 02:59 PM
My humble suggestion, get a Judge to issue an order for the information you seek. If a judge finds your claims credible, then you can legally claim the information from Josh, and the judges order relieves Josh of any personal liability in giving out the information...
If it is that important to you... I'd get started on the process ASAP.

A court order of this nature would not be granted to a private entity without a docketed civil action. Even then it's tough; but without a docketed civil case, there's no chance. It won't even go before a judge. You can't just randomly ask for an enforceable court order for information. A subpoena is what amounts to 'asking politely, in an official form' for information or action. Anyone can walk down to the courthouse, grab a stack of subpoenas, fill them out, and send them to whomever they want for whatever they want. It means nothing; if you don't wish to comply with a subpoena, you toss it in the trash.

If he would claim criminal misconduct, then his course of action is to file a police report, and the law enforcement investigators could seek and obtain an enforceable warrant for the information from Josh.

ronpaul1
07-13-2007, 03:00 PM
ronpaulforpresident2008

Thats my favorite site.

constituent
07-13-2007, 03:02 PM
I can't believe my eyes!

Reported to the FBI, ... USSS, FEC, IRS, Sangre de Christo!

where i grew up we always had this saying... i'm sure those in houston did too,

"snitches get stitches"

and please ronpaul1 don't take that as a threat or anything , no need to call the cops or nothing... i'm really not all that concerned.

constituent
07-13-2007, 03:04 PM
Some reward for YOUR efforts huh Josh? People come here to cry about someone dogging their efforts... then they threaten cops and warrants... what country are we living in?

mdh, i know what you're saying... just using your words to convey the point... thanx

torchbearer
07-13-2007, 03:04 PM
A court order of this nature would not be granted to a private entity without a docketed civil action. Even then it's tough; but without a docketed civil case, there's no chance. It won't even go before a judge. You can't just randomly ask for an enforceable court order for information. A subpoena is what amounts to 'asking politely, in an official form' for information or action. Anyone can walk down to the courthouse, grab a stack of subpoenas, fill them out, and send them to whomever they want for whatever they want. It means nothing; if you don't wish to comply with a subpoena, you toss it in the trash.

If he would claim criminal misconduct, then his course of action is to file a police report, and the law enforcement investigators could seek and obtain an enforceable warrant for the information from Josh.

Ah, I stand corrected.
I guess I'm priviledged to know my District judges personally... I was a legal advocate for battered women for a couple of years... I was used to walking straight into a judges office and asking for judicial orders. they are a very powerful thing... and with them, i helped many woman get out of really bad situations.

mdh
07-13-2007, 03:08 PM
Ah, I stand corrected.
I guess I'm priviledged to know my District judges personally... I was a legal advocate for battered women for a couple of years... I was used to walking straight into a judges office and asking for judicial orders. they are a very powerful thing... and with them, i helped many woman get out of really bad situations.

Wow, that's blatant abuse of authority. :(

remaxjon
07-13-2007, 03:09 PM
I can't believe my eyes!

"snitches get stitches"

and please ronpaul1 don't take that as a threat or anything , no need to call the cops or nothing... i'm really not all that concerned.

Come on thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Its not like he can go fight the 15 year old kid. He likely doesn't even know where the kid lives. His only recource if Jared or anyone else hacked his site is to report them. snitches get stitches :rolleyes:

mdh
07-13-2007, 03:09 PM
I can't believe my eyes!

"snitches get stitches"

That's lovely and all - seriously, I'm all about people taking personal responsibility for their problems instead of running to authority, but there're times when you can't do something on your own and need help from authorities.

torchbearer
07-13-2007, 03:14 PM
Wow, that's blatant abuse of authority. :(

That is the state I live in...
The sheriff and the judges run our parishes.
I was sent as a petitioner for battered women. I presented my petitions, and based on their merit, i was granted the orders.
It may be abuse of authority in 'free america', but not in louisiana. It's the post-plantation government we have in our lil' third world country at the end of the mississip.
Ask willie nelson if he likes traveling through lousiana? Or anyone else for that matter. I garuntee your greeting party will be a state trooper.

JoshLowry
07-13-2007, 03:18 PM

Send him a private message. I think we all realize that you don't have ads on your forum.

constituent
07-13-2007, 03:19 PM
even when it is some punk juvenile? leave 'em alone until the next big show comes to town, or the season premier of whatever... they'll disappear... teenage angst is a beautiful thing for teenagers and always irks, pesters, and annoys adults it's just a fact of life... nothing worth getting the authorities involved in.

And I certainly have yet to see anything that would honestly suggest that someone hacked someone else's site... it is unfortunate if they did, particularly if they are only 15 yrs. old. And Again...

Please Please Please read

The Thread

Internet Freedom and Fraud.

I promise, little red thread.

remaxjon
07-13-2007, 03:29 PM
And I certainly have yet to see anything that would honestly suggest that someone hacked someone else's site... it is unfortunate if they did, particularly if they are only 15 yrs. old. And Again...

There forum was down for over a day and when you went to the site the screen was red a finger pointed at you and it read something along the lines of you've been hacked freedom go to hell. If I was RonPaul1 I would want to kill who ever did that shit. I wouldn't threaten anyone but if there is anything we can do to help him out I think we should do it. Innocent until proven guilty is how the courts work but I'm much more inclined to believe RonPaul1.

Why would he accuse someone unless he thought they had done something?

An even more important question is if these people did hack his site what else are they doing to hurt the campaign?

Devil_rules_in_extremes
07-13-2007, 03:32 PM
Why is this even a thread?

www.ronpaulforum.com is a legit Ron Paul forum, just like this one.

ShaneC
07-13-2007, 03:32 PM
think of it this way, if it made the news, its traffic to the site. Traffic to the site, leads to potential viewers which leads to potential supporters.

Someone decided it was worth hacking, that kind of says something.

constituent
07-13-2007, 04:07 PM
Seen it before, right here at this site as a matter of fact...

....just want you to know that there is some problem that really has nothing to do with this site, but i'm going to bring all of this personal stff and and create more static about people associated with this site, ronpaulforums.com (we all know how wacked out those RP supporters are)...

the other thing getting me about this bit is the who is the biggest ron paul fan, who gave the most, who needs to shut up and play nice-nice, which site is worthy of the seal, which ones are b.s.... who are the secret operatives working in our midst to undermine the effort... all this stuff... talk about conspiracy theories...

In the Internet Freedom and Fraud thread it was the same thing... someone who posts or has posted at this site is accused of this long string of grievances that has nothing to do w/ Ron Paul, the 110th congress, his candidacy, nor the policy/philosophic debates around here that make it worth returning.

Two users who are essentially strangers in these parts come on here and get all aggressive... he said, she said... And someone ends up demanding that Josh do something about it or face the consequences....

Here I've been following Ron Paul as my district rep since grade school, lobbying him relentlessly to run for president since 2003 via e-mail, and zipping around these forums for a few weeks maybe a month or two and I feel bad for calling the man behind the curtain "josh" all like I know the guy and we're on a first name basis... then folks come on here making these demands... wtf?

I would be more inclined to believe that po and ronpaul1 have come up with a very good method of pitching their site (atleast I'd hope no one is really getting this worked up already... it isn't even "officially" campaign season yet)... and that is just because I want to give them the benefit of the doubt...

certainly no one would walk into Josh's house just to mess on the rug???

Brandybuck
07-13-2007, 04:41 PM
It's not worth suing over. There are better uses of your time and money.

Brandybuck
07-13-2007, 04:49 PM
It's true.

Looking at the WHOIS database, I see that ronpaulforum.com is registered by J.D. Mitchell in Connecticut. I also see that fredthompsonforum.com is registered by "Domains by Proxy" in Arizona. Not only are they different PO boxes, they're different states!

Check for yourself! From any Unix or Linux workstation run whois:

whois ronpaulforum.com
whois fredthompsonforum.com

ronpaul1
07-13-2007, 05:21 PM
I would be more inclined to believe that po and ronpaul1 have come up with a very good method of pitching their site

Yes, you are absolutly correct. It is all part of our master plan to overthrow the intent.
---------------------
Anyhow,
It doesn't matter anymore. I tracked him down. His user id's on this site are bloggershaven, greenapples, and jared, and I'm sure a few more. He seems to be a mitt romney or Thomspon supporter. He was collecting money from people that thought they were donating to Ron Paul, but the money was going to him. Which really pisses me off. I'm not the type to report stuff, but stealing money from Ron Paul desrves it, and I reported his ass to the FBI.

Here is one of his sites (reported, has been deleted but you can see it in cach) http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:7_GF4pdXDW8J:familysneedhelp.blogsp ot.com/2007_06_01_archive.html+bloggershaven&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=60&gl=us

And this: ( again deleted but cached)
http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:HTo5IJc2NyEJ:ihavemesothelioma.blog spot.com/2007/06/how-mesothelioma-effects-your-family.html+bloggershaven&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=58&gl=us

He also uses the name John Bungo.
Heres what he thinks of mitt http://mittromneyin08.blogspot.com/

I think he's just trying to make a buck, illegally, but to destroy property and steal money from a presidential candidate, this idiot belongs in jail.

Hopefully the FBI will be knocking on his door real soon.

bloggershaven
07-13-2007, 08:11 PM
First of all i own only one forum which i will post the link to and the widget there is correct unless i was hacekd again, Second if i was hacked which i dont doubt it i am a computer dummy and for the blogs there just blogs and some were hacekd but now fixed again for the 5 th time. And third if you wnat to send anyone to my door you better have the proof to back it up for slander is also a crime in my state but if you have all this info on me you would know that. So make sure you have some dam good proof the next time and i am not worried since i know i did noting wrong. so here is the only forum i run and thats it as for the blogs i write about all the candidates and my wife wirtes about thinkgs like children and such but i do only support one candidate. But you do as you wish i have no problem with your reporting anything of mine. The forum i have is a Fred Thompson forum and no ron paul forum you need to recheck your info on this. But i guess what i run is my thing not yours and i can run anything i want here is my own e mail buffoondick@yahoo.com and the forum link i actually run and i have some in the making but none are ron paul forums. http://fredthompson08.mywowbb.com/

torchbearer
07-13-2007, 08:51 PM
I heard that you need fire to kill trolls or they keep coming back. I know its a rumor but... you can never be to careful.

ronpaul1
07-13-2007, 09:06 PM
which i will post the link to and the widget there is correct unless i was hacekd again
I never mentioned your widget. You must have a guilty conciesnce. You make a lousy crook.

slander
Doubtful, and irrelevant.

i know i did noting wrong
You know what you have been doing, and you know it's very wrong. I gave a chance two weeks ago and you ignored it, I gave you a chance last week and you ignored. I'm not going to give you anymore chances.

no ron paul forum you need to recheck your info on this.
I never said you did. Is your reading as bad as your writing skills?

here is my own e mail
Who cares? plus you forgot a few
popsaddamsfamily@yahoo.com
bloggershaven@yahoo.com
tmcjnk@fuse.net

And your IP address: 205.188.116.206

i did noting wrong

TELL IT TO THE FBI PUNK!

JoshLowry
07-13-2007, 09:16 PM
Please take it to your message board or use private messages.

Thanks.