PDA

View Full Version : Iowa Caucus Thoughts - Ron Paul or the Democrat?

austin4paul
01-01-2008, 01:20 AM
This is a suggestion - and I'm not from Iowa, so I could be totally off base with these ideas, but I thought I'd throw this out there because it seems like a very logical argument to me and it might help persuade some Iowa voters to think about Ron Paul, regardless of their thoughts on the issues:

Republicans have 1 decision to make. Which candidate has the best chance of actually beating the Democrats in November?

I present for consideration that the only Republican candidate that can actually beat the Democrats this year will be Ron Paul.

Why?

1) Because Ron Paulhas ardently loyal supporters. There should be pretty good proof of this in Iowa - people standing doing sign waves in the cold, etc. Students coming for winter vacation in Iowa, etc.

2) The REASON that his supporters are so ardent and loyal is that his ideas are so different from the other candidates - Republican or Democrat. Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate with some of these ideas, which is why it's "Ron or Bust" with his supporters.

3) Because his supporters are so loyal, they won't vote for any other Republican.
So the number of voters for the eventual Republican nominee is going to shrink (just like the size of the Republican party sharnk last election year, which is why the poll results are skewed).

4) Ron Paul pulls support from all corners - his supporter base is not just Republicans, it's also Independents and Democrats who like his ideas of personal liberty, ending the war, restoring a balanced budget and restoring constitutional limits to our government. (Another reason why the polls are skewed). These voters are NOT going to support ANY other Republican candidate.

5) There is a big threat to the Republican party that everyone keeps asking about every time he's on TV. Will he run independently if he doesn't get the nomination? There's a reason they keep asking this question over and over and over -- and it's because if this happened, it would have a HUGE impact on the election. While Ron Paul obviously doesn't want to address this at this stage in the race, because he wants to WIN the Republican nomination, so it becomes a non-issue -- let's face it: his support is phenomenal. He raised almost $20 million dollars last quarter, his fundraising has momentum while the other candidates have been declining, he's won more straw polls than any of the other candidates, he's got more meet-up groups organized around the country than any of the other candidates, he monidates every internet poll, so something is obviously going on!

6) If he runs independent, he'll divide the Republican party like Ross Perot did and hand the elections to the Democrats. (Let them think about THAT!)

7) Even if he decides NOT to run independent, he'll STILL divide the Republican party because his supporters are so devoted that they'll vote for him as a write-in candidate before they'll vote for anyone else.

8) For the supporters that do decide to support someone else, since a lot of his support comes from Democrats, they'll go back to their party's nominee and the Republican party will lose all of that support that it otherwise would have had.

Dr. Paul is the ONLY Republican candidate that can actually win this election. So the choice is - Ron Paul or the Democrat?

AggieforPaul
01-01-2008, 01:34 AM
Very, very true. If people think that a pro war Republican who's losing the small government conservative vote to a 3rd party Ron Paul can beat Hillary/Obama, they're crazy.

mexicanpizza
01-01-2008, 01:46 AM
If Ron Paul can get the GOP nomination, he absolutely CANNOT lose to any of the three Demorat-chuckleheads.