PDA

View Full Version : Action: Vote for RP on newbillingsoutpost.com poll!

scudiac
07-13-2007, 10:59 AM
The voting is on the right side-bar, accessible from this url:

http://newbillingsoutpost.com/news/

BIG_J
07-13-2007, 11:15 AM
GET ER DONE. Just did it. VOTE!:)

WannaBfree
07-13-2007, 11:22 AM
RP is currently in 2nd after Obama

CodeMonkey
07-13-2007, 11:57 AM
RP overtakes Obama!

Erazmus
07-13-2007, 12:01 PM
Voted. :)

Dary
07-13-2007, 12:14 PM
Done

Paul 461
Osama 367

Spirit of '76
07-13-2007, 12:15 PM
Voted. We're way ahead of Osama.

BLS
07-13-2007, 12:17 PM
Voted for Obama! Go Osama...

I mean Ron Paul...sorry wrong forum. :-)

(yes, I voted for Paul)

Electric Church
07-13-2007, 01:03 PM
we gotta start wakin up those Obama folks

torchbearer
07-13-2007, 01:08 PM
we gotta start wakin up those Obama folks

Obama reminds me Huey P. Long. "A chicken in every pot". "Every man a king". Those that vote for him never ask the question... who is going to pay for all of those chickens? How can everyman be rich? Keep printing fiat money?

ronpaulhawaii
07-13-2007, 01:45 PM
We've pulled way ahead

:)

BIG_J
07-13-2007, 01:52 PM
CAN I GET A BIG BOOYEAH FROM the forum!!!

BIG_J
07-13-2007, 04:43 PM
Bumpity bump bump for the 5 o clockers.

FSP-Rebel
07-13-2007, 05:25 PM
Yeah, we got this one in the bag

DisabledVet
07-13-2007, 07:56 PM
LOL..anyone check latley...lol...we're so far ahead its about time for them to start claiming the "bots are here!! the Bots are here!!!"

RPatTheBeach
07-13-2007, 08:02 PM
Positions 1 and 2 respectively

Ron Paul
1388 56.7%

Barack Obama
392 16%

HAHA VICTORY!

DisabledVet
07-13-2007, 08:04 PM
Positions 1 and 2 respectively

Ron Paul
1388 56.7%

Barack Obama
392 16%

HAHA VICTORY!

Victory? I'd call the complete and total destruction....is there anything left of the other candidates? lol

PHenry
07-13-2007, 08:12 PM
Done! RP now well ahead...

sandersondavis
07-13-2007, 09:10 PM
:eek: Come in guys, this is getting embarrassing. These polls don't mean anything at all, or if they do, they prove that we can get out the vote and/or a few RP supporters are good at working the internet "system".

We all know, deep down in our hearts, that Ron Paul does not have anywhere near the support that the internet numbers would seem to indicate. If the primary voting was tomorrow then Giuliano would probably win the Republican slot. If the prez election was tomorrow the the nod would go to Hillary.

There are some bright spots in the polls. I think that the primary race will be narrowed down to Rudy & Ron, if we are able to keep momentum building. I've also noticed that people are easily swayed to RP and that once they are they stay loyal. Have you noticed that most people convince themselves to come to Ron Paul's side? They ask a few questions, express a lot of doubt, and then when you see them a couple of days later they are damn annoying because they won't stop talking about Ron.

We do need to keep up the internet side of the campaign. When people Google RP they need to see all those positive links. The internet is the wholesale side of politics. We need to ramp up, really ramp up, the retail side and get out in public in front of people we don't know and start talking.

I carry RP cards, cards for the local meet up, and a personal card, a letter size position sheet with RP on one side and Rudy on the other (because I think Rudy is and will be our biggest threat).

I never talk negatively about Rudy, I display a deep respect for the man. If the person I am "targeting" does not already know I am a Ron Paul supporter then I often start the conversation by saying, "I can't believe that we are already in the middle of a campaign." I try to lead them to saying who they like, and I like whoever he or she may be. Then I start talking about this lady at work who is really smart and always seems to be right about everything. As I take out the folded Ron/Rudy sheet from my shirt pocket I say, "She wanted me to look at this. She said the Republican nomination is going to be between Rudy and this other guy and that Hillary is going to win the democratic nomination no matter what." "So I guess our only real input into the system is to pick one of these guys." "I Like Rudy OK, I might vote for him, this other guy seems to good to be true, and you know what they say about something that's too good to be true." I'm going to look this guy up on the internet, He can't be all that good."

Then, "Oh man! I've got to go, here you keep this, I'll get another one from her Monday." Then I get up turn and leave, then I stop, rush back, and as I am taking the RP card, meet up card and mini cd from my pocket I say, "She gave me these too." And, "here is my card. Give me a call if you find out anything."

OK, that's my script for one kind of situation. I need to work on it, for instance, it doesn't work so well when they like Obama or Hillary. Saying, "I kind of like Rudy" does not go over well with these people!

Another time the Ron/Rudy sheet works well is when I see someone who is obviously a Rudy supporter. Like seeing them get out of a car with a Rudy bumper sticker. I go up and say high and, "Here,,, a lady at work just gave me this, she likes Rudy and this other guy."

I have not gotten any phone calss from these people yet. I do get emails from them. My email addy is on my card. I have talked to about 30 -35 people like this and I have gotten about 8 I like Ron Paul emails. Not bad, not bad at all for a one time encounter.