PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul: U.S. In "Great Danger" Of Staged Terror

WannaBfree
07-13-2007, 10:31 AM
Ron Paul: U.S. In "Great Danger" Of Staged Terror
Congressman & presidential candidate warns of economic collapse precipitated by bombing of Iran

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/july2007/130707greatdanger.htm

Presidential candidate Ron Paul says the U.S. is in "great danger" of a staged terror attack or a Gulf of Tonkin style provocation while also warning that a major collapse of the American economy is on the horizon and could be precipitated by the bombing of Iran and the closure of the Persian Gulf.

Speaking to The Alex Jones Show, the Texas Congressman was asked his opinion on Cindy Sheehan's recent comments that the U.S. is in danger of a staged terror attack or a Gulf of Tonkin style provocation that will validate the Neo-Con agenda and lead to the implementation of the infrastructure of martial law that Bush recently signed into law via executive order, as well as public pronouncements from prominent officials that the West needs terrorism to save a doomed foreign policy.

"I think we're in great danger of it," responded the Congressman, "We're in danger in many ways, the attack on our civil liberties here at home, the foreign policy that's in shambles and our obligations overseas and commitment which endangers our troops and our national defense."

"Every day we're in worse shape and right now there's an orchestrated effort to blame the Iranians for everything that's gone wrong in Iraq and we're quite concerned that the attack will be on Iran and that will jeopardize so many more of our troops, so I would say that we're in much greater danger than we even were four or five years ago," asserted Paul.

The presidential candidate expressed his despair that the situation in Iraq will not change until there is a total collapse of the American economy.

"There's no way we can afford what we're doing, whether it's domestic spending or the international spending and very few people talk about the real cost of this economically speaking....this is unsustainable and it will be a threat to our dollar," said Paul, adding that the onset of the meltdown could be sparked by the bombing of Iran and the closure of the Persian Gulf.

The Congressman added that the collapse was in its early stages with the major indication being a reduction in the living standard of middle class Americans but that "one single major world event" could change things overnight and precipitate a major downturn.

Paul added that there had "not been a national discussion on monetary policy in many many years" and the increasingly bleak outlook for the U.S. economy was also bringing more attention to the solutions the Congressman has proposed for reducing the burden of the mammoth national deficit.

Paul said that national and world events, especially the degrading situation in Iraq, were attracting support for his presidential campaign due to his resolute position on embracing a non-interventionist foreign policy.

The Congressman concluded by surmising that record lows in approval ratings for Bush, Cheney and Congress showed that, "The American people are alive and well and disgusted yet they haven't had good alternatives....it's justifiable, they are looking for true answers and options and quite frankly I think that's probably one of the reasons why our campaign is growing by leaps and bounds right now."

Click here (http://prisonplanet.com/audio/130707paul.mp3) to listen to the MP3 of the interview with Ron Paul.

-----------------------

VIDEO: Congressman Ron Paul warns of a new "Gulf of Tonkin"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d8MIENVtKw

Birdlady
07-13-2007, 10:43 AM
Nice find. Was just about to post this.

andrewgreve
07-13-2007, 11:19 AM
Oh noes! It's a PrisonPlanet article! RRUUUUUNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!

/sarcasm

"Learning is fun." - Alex Jones

BuddyRey
07-13-2007, 11:23 AM
Oh noes! It's a PrisonPlanet article! RRUUUUUNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!

/sarcasm

"Learning is fun." - Alex Jones

ACCKK!!! Thoughtcrime website...seeping into brain...making it hard to deny truth.....GGRRR!!! :::collapse:::

:D :D :D

andrewgreve
07-13-2007, 11:26 AM
lol

ThePieSwindler
07-13-2007, 11:27 AM
I listened a bit - Ron paul didn't really say staged terror, he just said we were in danger of terror because of our foreign policy. I love Alex Jones and co. but this is slightly wrong - Ron Paul didn't actually say this about STAGED terror, just terror due to foreign policy.

andrewgreve
07-13-2007, 11:35 AM
RP has a fine line to walk in his wording and exactly what he says so he remains legitimate to his base, but doesn't sound too far out to those who are first hearing his message. He's walking it quite well, imo.

WannaBfree
07-13-2007, 11:38 AM
I listened a bit - Ron paul didn't really say staged terror, he just said we were in danger of terror because of our foreign policy. I love Alex Jones and co. but this is slightly wrong - Ron Paul didn't actually say this about STAGED terror, just terror due to foreign policy.

AJ: "How much in danger are we in of some new Gulf of Tonkin provocation?"
RP: "Well, I think we are in great danger of it."

VIDEO: Congressman Ron Paul warns of a new "CONTRIVED Gulf of Tonkin type incident"

Electric Church
07-13-2007, 01:14 PM
"I’m concerned however that a contrived Gulf of Tonkin type incident may well occur to gain popular support for an attack on Iran"

I guess we can finally put this baby to rest with regards to Ron's views about government-sponsored terror.

beermotor
07-13-2007, 01:21 PM
We got 3 carrier strike groups over there right now. All they gotta do is boat around in the wrong waters, and oopsie maybe hit a mine or get shot by an Iranian rocket, and holy crap, it's Vietnam Part 4: Electric Boogaloo!

God save us all.

mconder
07-13-2007, 01:22 PM
Presidential candidate Ron Paul says the U.S. is in "great danger" of a staged terror attack or a Gulf of Tonkin style provocation

This was more of a suggestion by the host that Ron neither confirmed nor denied. Alex Jones loves to make these kind of assumptions in his reporting.

rpf2008
07-13-2007, 01:29 PM
"I’m concerned however that a contrived Gulf of Tonkin type incident may well occur to gain popular support for an attack on Iran"

I guess we can finally put this baby to rest with regards to Ron's views about government-sponsored terror.

Ron Paul knows history. Nuff said.

WannaBfree
07-13-2007, 01:32 PM
Presidential candidate Ron Paul says the U.S. is in "great danger" of a staged terror attack or a Gulf of Tonkin style provocation

This was more of a suggestion by the host that Ron neither confirmed nor denied. Alex Jones loves to make these kind of assumptions in his reporting.

No one but Dr. Paul suggesting anything here:

VIDEO: Congressman Ron Paul warns of a new "CONTRIVED Gulf of Tonkin type incident"