PDA

View Full Version : Next Money Bomb

Starwind
12-31-2007, 09:54 PM
I have been idling the boards for a little while now and noticed about 3 or 4 different proposals for money bombs including Franklin's birthday, the day of the Iowa caucus, Martin Luther King Day, etc. I think most of us can agree that we do need to do at least 1 more money bomb to help Ron Paul advertise in the Super Tuesday states and beyond. After seemingly, relatively poor results from both today and other less planned money bombs like the Veterens' Day money bomb, I believe we need to set in stone one day that we can all agree upon like the Boston Tea Party and Nov. 5th. Since I learned about 11/5 and 12/16 from YouTube videos, I am sure many others have as well. We need to flood YouTube with high quality and inspiring videos like was done for those two days to get the word out of the next money bomb quickly and encourage both new and old donors alike.

Now it seems the Ben Franklin birthday on Jan. 17 seems like our strongest candidate at the moment, but I did some research into historic dates in mid January and this is what I found. It seems very symbolic of the situation we are in now with regards to Fox News and the establishment. They have picked their fight and it is time we fight back harder than ever.

Battle of Golden Hill
The Liberty Boys (aka Sons of Liberty), in New York City, erected several poles with banners to celebrate the repeal of the Stamp Act. The first Liberty pole was put up in City Hall Park on May 21, 1766.

On January 17, 1770, British soldiers sawed down a Liberty pole in response to a Sons of Liberty broadside (issued anonymously by Alexander McDougall) titled "To the Betrayed Inhabitants of the City and Colony of New York". The redcoats also responded by posting their own handbills which attacked the Sons of Liberty as "the real enemies of society" who "thought their freedom depended on a piece of wood".

On January 19, 1770 (6 weeks before the Boston Massacre), Isaac Sears and others tried to stop some soldiers from posting handbills. Sears captured some of the soldiers and marched his captives towards the mayor's office, while the rest of the British soldiers ran to the barracks to sound the alarm. A crowd of townsfolk arrived along with a score of soldiers. The soldiers were surrounded and badly outnumbered. Another squad of soldiers arrived and the officer gave the order "Soldiers, draw your bayonets and cut your way through them." More soldiers arrived and a group of officers arrived to disperse the soldiers before the situation got totally out of hand.

Several of the soldiers were badly bruised and one a had a serious wound. Some of the townsfolk were wounded and one had been fatally stabbed.

The Battle of Golden Hill or Gouden Bergh (Dutch) was noteworthy because it was the first blood of the American Revolution.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Golden_Hill

So I say on January 19, 2008, we could have our Battle of Golden Hill and actually reach the desired goal of $10,000,000 in 1 day. We could even use the pretext to this event on the 17th in combination with Ben Franklin's birthday since they are on the same day to tie it all together on the 19th or something like that.

Well that is my idea, thoughts would be appreciated.

LiveFreeorDie
12-31-2007, 09:55 PM
Let's focus on this one for now.

We need $480K to get to $20 million

One final push everyone!!

http://paulcash.slact.net/today-paulcash.png

dircha
12-31-2007, 09:57 PM
The 17th is a Thursday.

The 19th is a Saturday.

I'm not sure what that means.

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-31-2007, 09:59 PM
The 17th is a Thursday.

The 19th is a Saturday.

I'm not sure what that means.

I'd say stick with Benjamin Franklin Day on the 17th -- it's a weekday, and psychological studies have shown that people are most willing to give money on Thursdays (it's true, look it up for yourself!)

Also, we need to have a balance -- enough time to prepare and promote the moneybomb, but we also don't want to wait too long -- 17th seems like a good balance date.