PDA

View Full Version : Two Days, 720 slim jims

hummtide
12-31-2007, 09:47 PM
Im hitting apartment complexes and townhome subdivisions HARD tomm for 8+ hours!

RPTXState
12-31-2007, 09:48 PM
Amazing, Amazing

Brad Zink
12-31-2007, 09:56 PM
Awesome. If we all follow hummtide's example, we will be sure to win!

hummtide
12-31-2007, 10:00 PM
Awesome. If we all follow hummtide's example, we will be sure to win!

My example? Christ, no offense, but I think only 720 sucks! I want more DAMMNIT! Im going for 1,000 in one day or until I drop dead! I can see it now.. Alabama man dies fighting for Ron Paul to become President! :D

dkim68
01-09-2008, 05:49 PM
Hey guys, I'm going for 10,000! Try and beat me!! :D

manny
01-09-2008, 05:59 PM
You guys sound like John McCain talking about the number of years he wants to bomb muslims in Iraq!

(Just kidding of course! ;):))

-A great competition - who will deliver the most?? Someone should make a website for this!!

Jobarra
01-09-2008, 06:02 PM
Um, you may want to rethink apartment complexes. Most of the time they have no soliciting and people get angry when that rule is broken.

I participated in my first meetup group canvass event at the GMAC bowl this past Sunday. Amazingly we put 1500-2000 slimjims(big box that was almost empty when we stopped for the night) on cars there in 3 hours with 4 people doing that. I know 2 others were handing out slimjims in the crowds as well. One of our members even managed to get a 2x4 sign in behind the goal post and apparently ESPN caught the sign as I heard others mention it to me. Still need to find that clip. Had a policeman pull up to me while I was doing this and thought "great, now I'll have to leave", but he just threw the car into reverse and pulled back out onto the lane. Just checking to make sure I wasn't breaking into others' cars I guess :D.

We've got the Senior Bowl coming up on the 26th where we are going to do the same thing. We're hoping to not run out of slim jims actually :) Senior Bowl is usually sold out. It looked like the GMAC bowl had about 50% attendence.