PDA

View Full Version : Did you see these wnd articles on Ron Paul?

Jodi
12-31-2007, 09:42 PM
I read this article last night http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=59442
ELECTION 2008
Ron Paul excluded from debate? Not exactly
Candidate claims Fox is afraid of him, but forum canceled

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: December 30, 2007
1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

Ron Paul
WASHINGTON – Ron Paul is steamed about being excluded from a New Hampshire debate scheduled to be televised by Fox News.

"They are scared of me and don't want my message to get out, but it will," Paul said of Fox News Network. "They are propagandists for this war and I challenge them on the notion that they are conservative."

The challenge got some attention on a slow Internet news day yesterday, with many websites still carrying the story. However, not all is what it appears.

There is no debate.

No one is invited.

It was canceled.

Somehow, Ron Paul missed the memo.

(Story continues below)

There is no New Hampshire GOP presidential debate scheduled for Jan. 6. The event was officially canceled three weeks ago. Ron Paul was, indeed, invited, but never committed to attending before the event was canceled because of the close proximity with the ABC event.

And I was so mad I sent them an email:
It isn't the debate that he wasn't invited to, its the fox news forum. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT. I guess you didn't get the memo.

Boy did I feel great when I saw this new Headline article today: http://www.worldnetdaily.com
Ron Paul not invited to Fox News forum
N.H. GOP negotiating with network to include other candidates

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: December 31, 2007
5:34 p.m. Eastern

© 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

Ron Paul
Contrary to earlier reports, the Fox News Channel is hosting a Republican presidential candidate forum in New Hampshire, and, so far, Rep. Ron Paul has not been invited.

WND previously reported the event was canceled three weeks ago, but New Hampshire Republican Party Chairman Fergus Cullen confirmed today the forum is scheduled for Jan. 6.

The New Hampshire GOP is co-sponsoring the event, to be held at St. Anselm College in Goffstown, N.H., just two days before the crucial primary.

Candidates who have received invitations are former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, Arizona Sen. John McCain, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and former Tennessee Sen. Fred Thompson.

(Story continues below)

Cullen said the New Hampshire Republican Party is negotiating with Fox News to have as many candidates as possible participate in the event.

"Limiting the number of candidates who are invited to participate in debates is not consistent with the tradition of the first in the nation primary," Cullen said in a statement today. "The level playing field requires that all candidates be given an equal opportunity to participate – not just a select few determined by the media prior to any votes being cast."

Cullen said the New Hampshire Republican Party is calling "upon all media organizations planning pre-primary debates or forums for both parties to include all recognized major candidates in their events."

Paul said Saturday that Fox News is "scared of me."

They "don't want my message to get out, but it will," he told the Boston Globe's Primary Source blog. "They are propagandists for this war, and I challenge them on the notion that they are conservative."

Last night, Paul spokesman Jesse Benton told the Chicago Tribune's Jason George the campaign remains angry and in the dark.

"We have not heard anything else today," he said. "[Fox] continues to ignore our calls."

Jeremy
12-31-2007, 09:44 PM
Good to see they correct their mistake. UNLIKE SOME PEOPLE. But honestly... why did they report on something they knew nothing about?