PDA

View Full Version : Who We Owe The Most Too

Mark37snj
12-31-2007, 09:19 PM
The New Year is approaching rapidly so I took a minute to reflect upon my life at this moment. I pretty much spend most of my free time here with all of you, I could do a hell of a lot worse :). I find myself in the same boat as many of you. I am EMOTIONALLY SPENT. A non-stop roller coaster ride of hope, despair, and anger!!!! The mood on this board has been changing, slowely at first, now more quickly as we approach IOWA. We are Paulites, freedom loving animals. But we have been caged!!! Caged by the MSM, the Neo-Cons, The World Elites, and the just plain CLUELESS!! Caged with all this Hope and Anger and Fear, with only each other to vent on because no one will listen to us. We have enemies among us stirring dissent and mistrust. I want to do more for our cause, the message, but finding it difficult to do anything else but type my credit card number in and hit donate. So what to do?

I went to YouTube for some inspiration. The TeaParty07 videos are really good. Hearing Ron Paul talk about everything we hold dear really helps. But as I was listening to all these videos I noticed something. Kind of like Ron Paul's own personal Firewall against the endless onslaught of slander, misinformation, ignorance, and just plain ignoring us. No matter what they say about him this one fact alone not only sheilds him from the slander, but also gives absolute legitimacy to his campaign and the message. The fact is Ron Paul receives more military donations than any other canidate!!! That is who we owe the most too. So I want to give a big Thank You to them. Thank You for fighting for our Freedoms, Thank You for what you have had to endure, Thank You for giving us HOPE, and Thank You for your Sacrifice!!!!!!

We have all been doing what we can for the cause and we can now SEE our freedom from this cage we are currently in, and its literally like a feeding frenzy. IOWA, New Hampshire... so close, and that is why alot of us are so spent. They will free us from this cage, and when that happens "Insert Your Own Amazing Metophor Here!!!!!!"

Happy New Year Everybody!!!! I can't think of any place I'd rather be

IChooseLiberty
12-31-2007, 09:24 PM
Good post.

You know, if they thought Iraq was a just war, they'd want to stay and fight.

The fact that the strongest anti-war critic gets the most support from military personal shows, without a doubt, that the war is Bad.

It really is that simple.

raiha
01-01-2008, 02:29 AM
You know what Mark 37 snj...? Your post made me reflect on the 'beauty' of a rebellion or a 'revolution'.

In this movement we have a wierd and wonderful assortment of individuals, all here because they have the faculty of being able to recognize that something is badly wrong. All here because of a strong sense of injustice.

"In every act of rebellion, the man concerned experiences not only a feeling of revulsion at the infringement of his rights but also a complete and spontaneous loyalty to certain aspects of himself. Thus he implicitly brings into play a standard of values so far from being false that he is wiling to preserve them at all costs. Up to this point he has, at least, kept quiet and, in despair, has accepted a condition to which he submits even though he considers it unjust.....Knowledge is born and conscience is awakened" Albert Camus

While other people are out and about serving their "instinctual" appetites, most people here are trying to nail the colours of freedom to masts. Or as Lord Byron would have it:

"Yet, Freedom! yet thy banner, torn, but flying,
Streams like the thunder-storm against the wind."

Perhaps it is early days to talk in these terms but rather than bicker or doubt or accuse or criticize, maybe we need to reflect more on the fraternal aspect of that which is being formed in this campaign. And relish that! Some one said "How do you feel when you see someone you don't know wearing a RP t-shirt?" Instant recogniton and open-heartedness is how!
Revolutionaries can manifest in many different ways. Some are orators, some are fund-raisers, some are film editors :):), some are philosophers, some are historians, some are artists, writers. It'd be good if we could rejoice in each others' merits more and practice some impulse control when we feel irritated.

Who knows how badly we will need a foundation of appreciation and well-wishing if things get very tough up ahead? i.e. Who knows how much we will depend upon each other?

For 2008, my New Year's wish is that we attempt to build trust and friendship more readily. Let's face it, even in the best possible scenario, Dr Paul is not going to be around forever. It would be a shame and a betrayal to all his hard work(and everyone elses) for the movement to collapse at his political or physical demise, just because of lack of cohesion and trust.

This is a movement, a revolution, not a political campaign. Let's get on with its business with more decorum and dignity and a sense of fun.