PDA

View Full Version : Are we suffering from pre caucus jitters or what?

Jodi
12-31-2007, 09:11 PM
I can't understand all the negative vibes going on. Why so many the revolution is dead and ads are causing anger, hurt, etc. I myself feel excited, fearful, anxiety and ready to get it going so we can win.

Anthony T
12-31-2007, 09:11 PM
I'm feeling pretty excited. :)

BLS
12-31-2007, 09:12 PM
Agreed Jodi.

It's been kinda crazy around here lately.

I don't even WANT to come here on Friday if our man doesn't fair well in IA.

slamhead
12-31-2007, 09:12 PM
I'm excited but have to say the neg vibes kinda bring me down...gonna go listen to rprradio

ChooseLiberty
12-31-2007, 09:13 PM
A lot of whiners out there.

"Waaah. I've supported Ron Paul for 2 months now, but the whole thing is gonna crash."

hawks4ronpaul
12-31-2007, 09:13 PM
You will see a lot of that with every event. An old trick is for anti-Paul people to post how Paul "betrayed us."

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

webaform
12-31-2007, 09:16 PM
It's possible we have people that are accustomed to losing. They start building up these excuses, and it becomes self-fulfilling.

Jodi
12-31-2007, 09:16 PM
You will see a lot of that with every event. An old trick is for anti-Paul people to post how Paul "betrayed us."

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

I find that very reassuring.

N13
12-31-2007, 09:18 PM
I'm chillin, but the anticipation is getting to me somewhat.

I can't wait to find out if the polls are right or if we are right about the polls.

stefans
12-31-2007, 09:19 PM
those posts are just BS. ron paul doesn't hide his positions and doesn't flip-flop. thanks to the internet everybody can read about them very easily.

we're here because each of us has come to the conclusion that we agree with ron paul on most of the positions or at least on the most important ones.
so how does ron paul mentioning a long-hold position cause this kind of outrage? I don't take it seriously.

I'm excited too :)

Real_CaGeD
12-31-2007, 09:19 PM
Im fReaKinG oUt MaAaN.!..

Karsten
12-31-2007, 09:22 PM
Somebody hold me.

webaform
12-31-2007, 09:23 PM
Somebody hold me.

lol

shasshas
12-31-2007, 09:23 PM
i;m very scared. i just think we will all be disappointed so i pray that we will survive or even do better !

at night i cannot sleep and now i cannot eat. im basically CATATONIC

lucius
12-31-2007, 09:25 PM
Don't let this artificial vibe get you down. It seems to be a very vocal minority.

Dr. Paul is a true honest statesman with a 20 year proven track record of following the Constitution. Either these are very thin-skinned individuals, still slumbering patriots or maybe a deliberate COINTELPRO action--no matter too me, my faith and conviction in Dr. Paul has not wavered one iota.

God Bless You All and Happy New Year,

-l

dw1345
12-31-2007, 09:34 PM
We all need to stay strong and unified. While we must not become cocky, we must not hang our heads down in defeat before the first votes are even cast.

bbachtung
12-31-2007, 10:42 PM
Keep in mind that there are only a couple of hundred active posters here (thousands lurk or post sporadically), so every negative thread is blown way out of proportion; I forget this sometimes and get all freaked out.

Spirit of '76
12-31-2007, 10:49 PM
It's possible we have people that are accustomed to losing. They start building up these excuses, and it becomes self-fulfilling.

*cough* "Big-L" Libertarians *cough*

literatim
12-31-2007, 10:50 PM
All I see are troll detractors whom were probably never Ron Paul supporters to begin with.

JAlli41
12-31-2007, 11:07 PM
if i can say this experience has at least for me been kid of like a high, like anything else upon discovering Dr. Paul I couldnt get enough Youtube videos and info on him in the first 48 hours, then for a week or so I kept reading and for a little while now I've been in a bit of a lull, I'll be in NH on Friday so hopefully I'll get some of that high back especially if we can parlay a good showing in Iowa into lots of votes in NH

hcbrand
12-31-2007, 11:15 PM
Agreed. Dr. Paul represents a message and a philosophy that he has stood for and behind his entire career. It seems lately people are using the political filter that we're so used to and hopefully, tired of. What's next" Dr. Paul doesn't look 'presidential' enough?

ronpaul4pres
12-31-2007, 11:25 PM
I can't understand all the negative vibes going on. Why so many the revolution is dead and ads are causing anger, hurt, etc. I myself feel excited, fearful, anxiety and ready to get it going so we can win.

I don't think it's pre-caucus jitters, I think it's post-immigration ad. :( It seems a bunch truly took issue with it.

I'm hoping it all just blows over, and we can all get back to restoring our Constitution, returning to sound money, and ending the IRS.

Spirit of '76
12-31-2007, 11:29 PM
I don't think it's pre-caucus jitters, I think it's post-immigration ad. :( It seems a bunch truly took issue with it.

I can't believe that a bunch of otherwise intelligent Ron Paul supporters would be so inclined to hysterics over a simplistic blurb in a 30-second TV spot designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

ronpaul4pres
12-31-2007, 11:40 PM
I can't believe that a bunch of otherwise intelligent Ron Paul supporters would be so inclined to hysterics over a simplistic blurb in a 30-second TV spot designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Not that you're doing it, but I see a lot of name calling and unwillingness to allow others to freely express their views on these forums (I mean views that don't show RP in the best of lights). My point is that we should give the immigration ad haters the benefit of the doubt. I wouldn't call it hysterics - there were some reasoned arguments.

But, anyway, I am hoping they come to the same realization very quickly, and we can move on together to save our country.

JohnnyWrath
12-31-2007, 11:46 PM
I am going to have a heart attack soon from being so anxious about Iowa.

We all know for fact there will be 50 problems, and we will stress out as Machinees don't count votes, media tries to influence and lie, and whatever happens at the event being fishy.

Corydoras
12-31-2007, 11:58 PM
It's like a bunch of animals sitting close together in a cage on one of those tense, humid, hot, very still days. Someone wiggles the wrong way and a fight breaks out and minute later someone else on the other side of the cage is missing a chunk of ear.

BeFranklin
01-01-2008, 12:00 AM

In the movie the Hustler, (original one) that psychology is explained.

BeFranklin
01-01-2008, 12:02 AM
Not that you're doing it, but I see a lot of name calling and unwillingness to allow others to freely express their views on these forums (I mean views that don't show RP in the best of lights). My point is that we should give the immigration ad haters the benefit of the doubt. I wouldn't call it hysterics - there were some reasoned arguments.

But, anyway, I am hoping they come to the same realization very quickly, and we can move on together to save our country.

Thats part of the other people coming on too. Not all the "consensus building" the wrong way is us. Sometimes, the other side starts doing that because they want to hijack a movement when they can't stop it.

ronpaul4pres
01-01-2008, 12:09 AM
Thats part of the other people coming on too. Not all the "consensus building" the wrong way is us. Sometimes, the other side starts doing that because they want to hijack a movement when they can't stop it.

I don't see it that way. I just see a bunch of strong Ron Paul supporters that have a very different view on a new subject. We're all not going to agree on everything. In some ways, I think our movement is "worse" in that respect because we all come from very different backgrounds. For instance, there are plenty of Democrats who made the switch to Ron Paul. They might harbor conflicting views with traditional Republicans. :)

But, I'm very encouraged that one candidate has brought us all together. Let's all just remember to try and keep it that way. :)