PDA

View Full Version : Medicare at its finest (another program Ron Paul should end)

tsetsefly
12-31-2007, 09:10 PM
I have a family member who is relatively close to dying and since government has confiscated their money they must rely on a Medicare hospice, well this fantastic program can provide a nurse to care for that person but it has a strict policy of "not prolonging life" yes that is na exact quote, they do nothing to give the person an extra week to see some family members not they only make it more comfortable when youre going...

Off course its easy to see why, the longer the person lives the higher the cost...

but that this would be the official policy of medicair is quite insane, how anyone can be in favor of this trash is ridiculous...

mexicanpizza
12-31-2007, 09:17 PM
Hospice is just that. Comfort before death. You didn't have to opt for Medicare Hospice.

I just went through this weeks ago with my father. The worst part was that the hospice "gave" us all these supplies we didn't even want or need. I mean my father was given "hours" to live, and they brought a metric-sh*tload of "mouth swabs" to keep his lips wet. I have no doubt they billed Medicare $5 each for 'em.

Sad really...but other than the misuse of funds, Medicare hospice was a good thing.

slamhead
12-31-2007, 09:31 PM
We used a private hospice. They were great. St. Jude's...funded by private donations. Government nor my fellow tax payer payed a dime. My father had many wealthy friends and I am sure their donations to the hospice help many have a peaceful death. Government is not the solution.

literatim
12-31-2007, 09:33 PM
Hospice is evil. It isn't "comfort" it is euthanasia and murder. They pump a ton of medicine in them to quicken their death. They do it to people who are perfectly healthy and coherent without medication.

austin356
12-31-2007, 09:36 PM
You guys remember this:

I rather die in my recliner in pain than be wired up in hospice. Please people if I am dying dont put me in that crap!

0zzy
12-31-2007, 09:37 PM
Hospice is evil. It isn't "comfort" it is euthanasia and murder. They pump a ton of medicine in them to quicken their death. They do it to people who are perfectly healthy and coherent without medication.

shhh.

slamhead
12-31-2007, 09:39 PM
lol...hospice comes to your home and you die in the comfort of your home...other than o2 there are no wires.

If you want to die without pain meds...by all means it is your choice. Me on the other hand I would rather be looped half way to heaven.