PDA

View Full Version : Why are fathers and families so obstinate? Are you a father ......

shasshas
12-31-2007, 09:01 PM
So many times I read about how fathers are anti Dr Ron Paul and refused to believe he is a better choice. Instead they continue to be duped by the shonky politicans parading naked and pustulent before their eyes.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=69960

When will this stop?!?! When will fathers cease destroying the lives of their children!?!?!

Are you a father? Will you have children one day... WILL YOU BE LIKE THE DESPICABLE FATHERS WE HAVE TODAY IN SO MANY HOUSEHOLDS?!?!?!?

* explodes in despair and frustration *

NCSURonPaulAddict
12-31-2007, 09:03 PM
lol sounds like someone has had a rough time convincing their father. My father (and his father) have converted to Paulites since I started working on them. Took a little bit to get my dad to agree that no war was the better option, but my veteran grandpa felt that way to begin with (wonder why?!?)....

N13
12-31-2007, 09:03 PM
I don't know what you are trying to accomplish here.

I'm a father. I support Ron Paul. So what. The problems with getting Dr. Paul elected do not stem from fathers.

Rayn
12-31-2007, 10:29 PM
I come from a long line of Libertarians so my dad and grandfather have known about ron paul for going on 20 years now. They probably have voted for him in the past.

forsmant
12-31-2007, 10:30 PM
I am a father of two beautiful children(thanks to mom). I am an ugly son of a father.

Mark37snj
12-31-2007, 10:31 PM
Most supporters on this site are men. I get enough male bashing in everyday life, not here please.

max
12-31-2007, 10:33 PM
a prideful father who thinks he is too smart to listen to logic coming from his own son is a deficient father indeed

mosquitobite
12-31-2007, 10:34 PM
my dad leans libertarian on every issue except the war. I just cannot convince him that Dr Paul is right. He likes and respects Dr Paul but he has totally bought into the neo-con fear mongering.

My husband likes Dr Paul but is still in the "he has no chance" mode. :(

forsmant
12-31-2007, 10:35 PM
a prideful father who thinks he is too smart to listen to logic coming from his own son is a deficient father indeed

Wow, hopefully I will be able to realize when my children are smarter than me and accept it.

RonPaulFever
12-31-2007, 10:37 PM
the OP is deranged

*ignore*

Dave Pedersen
12-31-2007, 10:38 PM
Many men abhor the proposition we screwed up yet another war. We were going to WIN this time dammit ! Never again would we leave the battlefield like our government forced us to do in Vietnam. NEVER AGAIN !!

And now.. the war has become the same damned thing they were so very determined to never repeat. They have become in yet another way just like their parents who oversaw Vietnam.

austin356
12-31-2007, 10:38 PM
the OP is deranged

*ignore*

I dont think she is deranged........... I think she just had a bad recent experience.

trey4sports
12-31-2007, 10:41 PM
on a lighter note, i have converted a female friend of mine :)

Brian in Maryland
12-31-2007, 10:43 PM
I have the opposite problem. I can't get my 19 year old daughter to vote.

RonPaulMania
12-31-2007, 10:47 PM
Maybe what you guys need to understand is that fathers need support and a good ear and then warm conversation. Debating your father is arrogant. Conversing with him isn't. You can blame your father, but maybe it's partly your own fault too.

paulette
12-31-2007, 10:52 PM
The first time I talked to my dad about it, he said he liked Huck, "cuz he's the good Christian candidate". He hadn't even heard of RP, so I told him a bit about him, and he said something about not wasting my vote.

I've since sent my dad all kinds of links to youtube, RP library, etc., but no luck yet. But I'm not giving up. Hopefully a good strong showing in IA and NH will show my dad he CAN win, and he'll give the Revolution some more consideration.

My dad's big issue is abortion-he does volunteer ultrasounds through the local women's enrichment center in several North GA counties, and has saved literally a few thousand babies from being aborted. Once the women see the baby, something in them changes.

So, I saw a comment from one person on digg that said Huck signed a bill that funded abortions for poor black women, but I have been able to verify this. Does anyone know anything about this, as I know this would change his mind about the Huckster??

chipvogel
12-31-2007, 10:59 PM
I'm a father of 3 children of voting age
18 20 22

As a joke I made a tin foil hat just for watching the debates
The kids thought it was funny and wanted to know why...I told them who I liked and didn't push it at all.

The girls like Ron Paul they went to youtube and listened for themselves...the boy likes Obama
I haven't tried to sway them one way or the other because I've waited a quarter of a century for someone I could actually support. If the my son likes Obama thats fine with me its his choice. I want them to think for themselves.

ceitniear
12-31-2007, 11:09 PM
I'm a father 5 times over and I'm proud to be an obstinate supporter of Ron Paul!

slamhead
12-31-2007, 11:15 PM
My father sat on the runway for 9 hours engines running during the height of the Cuban missile crisis. He was carrying nukes in his B-47 with orders to bomb Moscow. I think if he was still around, peace over war would be an easy sell for him.

NYgs23
12-31-2007, 11:18 PM
Most of my middle-aged family members are dimwitted about this, male and female. My mom can't decide whether she prefers Hillary because she's a woman or Obama because he's young and charismatic. One male relative thinks Ron Paul is a scary "Randian" and another is actually a volunteer on the Giuliani campaign!!! A third likes Hillary because he thinks she has "more balls" than all the others. I know a woman who doesn't even know how to go the Internet and barely knew who Romney was. Another woman is a Republican but won't vote in the primaries because she's disgusted with all the candidates, but thinks I'm "crazy" for liking RP. These are nice, likable, (mostly) intelligent people, but it's like talking to a brick wall.

fedup100
12-31-2007, 11:43 PM
well, it's O.K. if you can't make them see the light. What you can do though is make sure they don't vote. Volunteer to take them to vote, do so late, get lost and or run out of gas, help a stranded motorist, fake an injury that sends them to the hospital, fain a breakdown, have a knockdown drag out........just help them to not get to the polls.......then issue solved:D

Corydoras
12-31-2007, 11:47 PM
one person on digg that said Huck signed a bill that funded abortions for poor black women, but I have been able to verify this. Does anyone know anything about this, as I know this would change his mind about the Huckster??

As far as I have been able to determine, Huck didn't sign any bills funding abortions. There's a scare-rumor going around about him authorizing Title X for abortions, but this is definitely a hoax, because Title X is by law NOT allowed to fund abortions.

paulette
12-31-2007, 11:51 PM
As far as I have been able to determine, Huck didn't sign any bills funding abortions. There's a scare-rumor going around about him authorizing Title X Medicaid for abortions, but this is definitely a hoax, because Title X is by law NOT allowed to fund abortions.

Well, I know it's horrible of me, but I wish it were true. Only b/c I KNOW it would affect my dad's opinion of "the good Christian".

Corydoras
12-31-2007, 11:53 PM
Some people just believe their children are inferior beings.

You remember all those jerks from school?
They get older and become parents, but they don't stop being jerks.

mosquitobite
12-31-2007, 11:56 PM
Well, I know it's horrible of me, but I wish it were true. Only b/c I KNOW it would affect my dad's opinion of "the good Christian".

Would Ann Coulter's blog sway him? I just convinced 2 at work today that even if they don't support Paul, that supporting Huckabee is just really supporting Hillary. ;) There's www.taxhikemike.com as well.

I'm deep in red country here in Indiana, so most Republicans are neo-cons. We had a mock election around Christmas time (one department made a Christmas tree that had ballot boxes on it :D)

We have over 500 employees: 18 voted for Yuckabee, 5 for Dr Paul (one was me and one was my best friend)

My goal at this point is to discredit all the other candidates until Dr Paul is the only logical choice left. ;) These people are highly conservative, they're just still suckered by Bush and the MSM.

paulette
01-01-2008, 12:00 AM
Would Ann Coulter's blog sway him? I just convinced 2 at work today that even if they don't support Paul, that supporting Huckabee is just really supporting Hillary. ;) There's www.taxhikemike.com as well.

I'm deep in red country here in Indiana, so most Republicans are neo-cons. We had a mock election around Christmas time (one department made a Christmas tree that had ballot boxes on it :D)

We have over 500 employees: 18 voted for Yuckabee, 5 for Dr Paul (one was me and one was my best friend)

I don't know-I haven't read her blog, but I will check it out. I have seen taxhikemike, but haven't sent him a link yet.

New Years Resolution:quit worrying about offending my dad and just send him the damned link!

jonahtrainer
01-01-2008, 12:42 AM
So many times I read about how fathers are anti Dr Ron Paul and refused to believe he is a better choice. Instead they continue to be duped by the shonky politicans parading naked and pustulent before their eyes.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=69960

When will this stop?!?! When will fathers cease destroying the lives of their children!?!?!

Are you a father? Will you have children one day... WILL YOU BE LIKE THE DESPICABLE FATHERS WE HAVE TODAY IN SO MANY HOUSEHOLDS?!?!?!?

* explodes in despair and frustration *

I think a lot of it has to do with the raw emotional charge of Dr. Paul's message. Because government is so powerful our political views reflect with crystal clear clarity our moral character and inner heart's desire of what we would do with such power. We would either do good and allow people their freedom to choose or do evil and try to exercise force and compulsion upon them unjustifiably. This strikes right at the root of our Judeo-Christian values such as the Ten Commandments and the Golden Rule which are designed to protect Freedom.

Since many of our parents attempted to impart to us a moral code and since Dr. Paul's moral code may appear to be so cogently internally consistent we may view our parent's refusal to grasp this moral code in a negative light. I suppose it simply reflects an unwillingness to repent, or in other words, to change. They are prideful. We may become frustrated because they are exercising their freedom in a way we don't agree with. We ought to be patient.

I suppose they could claim 'ignorance' or the media was so strong .... but Ron Paul didn't let that hinder him?

I've often wondered what I would do if I were Joe Scarborough's son. Joe served in Congress and his son is, in Joe's word, a very active member of the Ron Paul Revolution. I can just imagine how Christmas dinner would go:

Joe: So son, how goes the Ron Paul Revolution?
Son: Oh, we are giving it a good shot and it seems to be going well.
Joe: Well, you know he can't win and even if he does he will have to compromise that is just how politics is done.
Son: Yes, he may not win. Did you ever compromise on your votes in the House?
Joe: Of course, that is how the game works.
Son: So, you took an oath to defend the Constitution and then intentionally violated it?
Joe: Well, I guess so, but that is how the game works.
Son: Well, Ron Paul didn't do it.
Joe: [splutter splutter]
Son: At least he kept his oath and has retained his honor. At least he can be looked up to and be a hero.

Yes, some people prefer to avoid politics because it is so divisive. The old cliche is don't talk about politics or religion.

However, I like to know other people's political stances as it allows me to judge their moral character. For example, I don't like to spend my time visiting and socializing with murders, rapists and child molesters in jail. I do not have much in common with them. While many of us would never murder someone personally we have no problem empowering our government to murder and torture on our behalf. I am finding I have less and less in common with people who advocate such political stances.

As Samuel Adams said, "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

I wonder what Joe's son will tell his son about Joe?

Mark37snj
01-01-2008, 12:45 AM
well, it's O.K. if you can't make them see the light. What you can do though is make sure they don't vote. Volunteer to take them to vote, do so late, get lost and or run out of gas, help a stranded motorist, fake an injury that sends them to the hospital, fain a breakdown, have a knockdown drag out........just help them to not get to the polls.......then issue solved:D

Please Retract this whole statement. If there is gona be an excuse about someone not being able to vote when they want to, it will have to be an act of God, in other words, SNOW STORM IN IOWA... PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!!:D