PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul polls 3% in NH

legion
05-20-2007, 08:10 PM
http://www.angus-reid.com/polls/index.cfm/fuseaction/viewItem/itemID/15801

:)

DavyDuke17
05-20-2007, 08:15 PM
Obviously still low.. but it shows a definite improvement and there still is a long ways until the election. He's also definitely separating himself from the other second tier candidates.

In interviews with other second tier candidates, it seems like the interviewers never bring up those candidates low poll numbers like they do with Ron Paul.

legion
05-20-2007, 08:19 PM
3% is really good as far as I'm concerned. He's only spent 100,000$ and hes polling at 3% in the state that has the first primary. Astounding. I'm used to my candidates of choice, for president, not even breaking .5%.

lbadragan
05-20-2007, 10:18 PM
That's phenomenal. Didn't he poll under 1% before the debates? If true, it shows people are really starting to listen to his message.

DrKevorkian
05-20-2007, 10:48 PM
Wow he's pulled ahead of all but the top 3 and that nefarious non-runner fred.

winston_blade
05-20-2007, 10:58 PM
I kind of wish he was doing a little better in NH. That is supposed to be his go to state. Here is to hoping that people wise up before the primaries.

orenbus
05-21-2007, 02:23 AM
When is the primary?

iamso910
05-21-2007, 11:56 AM
Obviously still low.. but it shows a definite improvement and there still is a long ways until the election. He's also definitely separating himself from the other second tier candidates.

In interviews with other second tier candidates, it seems like the interviewers never bring up those candidates low poll numbers like they do with Ron Paul.

These polls mainly reflect "name awareness".

Obviously Ron Paul is not a familiar name among the TV watching masses.

The fact that he polls so well amongst the political internet community indicates that he would poll well if he receives enough mainstream coverage.

The key is keeping up the momentum of his online popularity so as to force mainstream media to give him coverage, for the sake of maintaining their last vestiges of credibility amongst a growing internet / educated community, whose power to influence continues to grow.

Exponent
05-21-2007, 12:00 PM
When is the primary?
Currently the primaries start in January 2008, though there is the possibility that, in their eagerness to influence the primaries, some states may even move to be as early as December 2007.

Hawaii Libertarian
05-21-2007, 12:03 PM
The "science" of polling is much harder than it used to be with caller ID and many people getting on "do not call lists" and caller ID to refuse answering unknown callers,making it harder for a telephone pollster to get a representative sample.

Of course, another dynamic is how the pollster segregates the sample down to a "likely Republican primary voter."

Certainly, the other candidates face the same challenges, but the MSM's favs have the advantage of massive media exposure so that even among the most uninformed, they might at least recognize the names of Giuliani, McCain, and/or Romney.

In the car today, I heard on one of the talk radio shows the host talking up the "fact" that many of Reagan's former advisors allegedly are urging Fred Thompson to run, and the Hannity/Limbaugh/Malkin neocon supporters are probably giddy at the prospect of Thompson getting in since their favs aren't generating much buzz at the grassroots level.

legion
01-09-2008, 06:36 PM
Where did we come from? How much progress has been made?

Karsten
01-09-2008, 06:42 PM
Yay, 3%!!!!!!!!!