PDA

View Full Version : HQ totally dropped the ball for 20 Million

max
12-31-2007, 05:46 PM
In the past few weeks, HQ did NOTHING to whip up the last few bucks needs to reach the 20 million milestone. Are their imaginations so dull that they cannot see the HUGE difference between reporting 19.5 and 20 million??

I am amazed that e-mails pushing for the 20 million goal by 12/31 were NEVER sent out.

tpreitzel
12-31-2007, 05:50 PM
In the past few weeks, HQ did NOTHING to whip up the last few bucks needs to reach the 20 million milestone. Are their imaginations so dull that they cannot see the HUGE difference between reporting 19.5 and 20 million??

I am amazed that e-mails pushing for the 20 million goal by 12/31 were NEVER sent out.

Although giving more money to the Paul campaign directly is important, I'd recommend funding the blasted blimp since it's so close to its target. During the month of January, a MASSIVE effort to even approach the official campaign's $23M additional target will be required so I'd recommend focusing attention on the blimp for the remainder of the day. This current effort for the campaign has already raised nearly $250K for the day which is a good effort.

Dave Wood
12-31-2007, 05:51 PM
No Sh**!!!!!!!!! I called and left a voicemail over two hours ago asking for an e-mail. Nothing! Pissed. On top of that, they are sitting on the mail in dollars and havent posted anything. We are very close to $20 million, I feel it.

THIS DOESNT HAVE TO BE A BREAK THE BANK NIGHT GUYS. $20 HERE AND THERE WILL DO IT!

goRPaul
12-31-2007, 05:52 PM
I don't see this being a big deal. What's another half a million dollars gonna do at this point? Maybe they thought the money would be better spent on the blimp.

ghemminger
12-31-2007, 05:53 PM
No Sh**!!!!!!!!! I called and left a voicemail over two hours ago asking for an e-mail. Nothing! Pissed. On top of that, they are sitting on the mail in dollars and havent posted anything. We are very close to $20 million, I feel it.

THIS DOESNT HAVE TO BE A BREAK THE BANK NIGHT GUYS. $20 HERE AND THERE WILL DO IT!

Dave - I would urge restraint thier is lot going on behind the scenes...let's speak with one common voice and we will be heard

Karsten
I agree. Why did they not have a goal like at the end of September???

rs3515
Or maybe people who have already donated a lot of money are waiting to see what happens on Thursday.:rolleyes:

ClayTrainor
Although giving more money to the Paul campaign directly is important, I'd recommend funding the blasted blimp since it's so close to its target. During the month of January, a MASSIVE effort to even approach the official campaign's $23M additional target will be required so I'd recommend focusing attention on the blimp for the remainder of the day. This current effort for the campaign has already raised nearly $250K for the day which is a good effort.

X2

DealzOnWheelz
12-31-2007, 05:54 PM
STFU

you people bitch when the campaign DOES send an email when it doesn't coincide with what you want

and then you bitch when the campaign Doesn't send an email

Quit worying about the official campaign and go convert some people

Energy
12-31-2007, 05:55 PM
When was the last time offline donations were added? It's fine if it doesn't go over 20.

Azprint
These posts are stupid. Why does it matter 19 or 20? Goal was 12, we beat it by 7 mil, be happy! Happy New Years btw.

Perry
HQ is probably feeling the elephant from taking so much or our money.
The next big push will be after Iowa and New Hampshire when Paul proves himself.
It will be much easier then and the base will see a new influx of supporters. .

davidhperry
12-31-2007, 05:59 PM

Max, the 20M goal is one that WE created - not HQ. Have they ever made that goal? If so, I haven't seen it. At this point, they are focused on having enough money to run a 50-state campaign - the only GOP candidate who is doing that. Besides, they can also say that they blew the Q4 goal out of the water by almost $6M.

Don't forget the fact that we've raised a lot of money this quarter. The race for money only has value when you compare it with the other candidates - let's see how we did against them before we criticize our own team.

Dave Wood
12-31-2007, 06:00 PM
When was the last time offline donations were added? It's fine if it doesn't go over 20.

There IS a big difference between the "teens" and twenty.....a lot of campaigns reach the teens, very few reach the twenties.

This is the final "statement" of the year from the RP grassroots. I think it should be a powerful one:mad:

Not really mad at hdqtrs....just disappointed I guess

stefans
12-31-2007, 06:02 PM
I agree. Why did they not have a goal like at the end of September???

that was before the money bombs. I guess they wanted to step out of the way and let the grassroots organize it this time.

Troyhand
12-31-2007, 06:04 PM

The campaign did nothing with the 4.3 November 5th moneybomb. Campaign did nothing with the 6.02 December 16th moneybomb. What's so different now. What are they supposed to do? Click the mouse on the donate button for you? They have their work to do, we have ours. The Moneybombs are GRASSROOT efforts, not the campaigns.

Waaah! Waaaah! Waaah! You want a pat on the head before doing your duty to help save this country? Stupid thread.

max
12-31-2007, 06:04 PM
These posts are stupid. Why does it matter 19 or 20? Goal was 12, we beat it by 7 mil, be happy! Happy New Years btw.

it means a lot!

why do u think retailers list items for $99.99 instead of $100?...Beccause $100 sounds a lot more than 99.99.

In baseball, everybody honors a pithcer who wins 20 games...but the guys who win 19 dont sound as impressive.

When the media reports 19.5, sure it will sound great....but losing the psychological impact of the 20 million milestone will cost us the chance to make an even biggere impression....an extra final week push by HQ would have sealed...but they BLEW IT!

Trust me...I've worked in marketing my whole life and this milestone matters.

Ron Galt
12-31-2007, 06:05 PM

If they want monet for the blimp they need to add paypal on the blimp website.

Not having paypal is hurting them big time.

devil21
12-31-2007, 06:06 PM
Call me a naysayer but I think it's pretty safe to say we won't break $20 million for the quarter. Im sure many others realize this too and are funding other things like the Blimp and the Iowa and NH groups.

Nyte
12-31-2007, 06:09 PM
Jeez people... we beat the 4Q goal by 50% and people are bitching about not going over 20mil?

L-O-L

davidt!
12-31-2007, 06:09 PM
Remeber when the graph used to say 12 Million to Win! Boy we blew that out of the water.

Azprint
12-31-2007, 06:10 PM
it means a lot!

why do u think retailers list items for $99.99 instead of $100?...Beccause $100 sounds a lot more than 99.99.

In baseball, everybody honors a pithcer who wins 20 games...but the guys who win 19 dont sound as impressive.

When the media reports 19.5, sure it will sound great....but losing the psychological impact of the 20 million milestone will cost us the chance to make an even biggere impression....an extra final week push by HQ would have sealed...but they BLEW IT!

Trust me...I've worked in marketing my whole life and this milestone matters.

:rolleyes:

max
12-31-2007, 06:11 PM
Jeez people... we beat the 4Q goal by 50% and people are bitching about not going over 20mil?

L-O-L

we cant afford rest on laurels...this is still an uphill fight and we must contantly push towards new levels..

20 was easily attainable and would have made an awesome headline

PatriotOne
12-31-2007, 06:12 PM
This thread irritates me! There's only a handful of us trying to contact and rally the Meet Up groups and I have been begging for help all day from other Meet Up members on this forum. Instead people would rather compalin about what HQ is not doing than come help us :mad:

For all of you Meet Up members who can spare a few minutes of your time, please check into this thread and come help us:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=765617&posted=1#post765617

LibertyEagle
12-31-2007, 06:15 PM
PatriotOne has been trying to get help for HOURS to send out emails to Meetup organizers to try to get donations to reach the $20 million.

Hardly anyone has helped. So, if you really want to do something, besides bitch and moan, please come over here and help.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=69718

Thank you. :)

Zydeco
12-31-2007, 06:16 PM
STFU

you people bitch when the campaign DOES send an email when it doesn't coincide with what you want

plus 1

max
12-31-2007, 06:18 PM
PatriotOne has been trying to get help for HOURS to send out emails to Meetup organizers to try to get donations to reach the $20 million.

Hardly anyone has helped. So, if you really want to do something, besides bitch and moan, please come over here and help.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=69718

Thank you. :)

kinda fuccked up that Patriot has to do what HQ should have been doing all week! I've given my heart, blood, guts, soul, and money to grassroots as well as HQ...I've eraned the right to bitch over such an obvious and avoidable screw up as reaching the 20 million milestone that was so close..

with the click of a mouse, HQ can reach 100,000 donors while Patriot works his butt off to reach a few hundred???? that slound fair to you?

I'm pissed

Alabama Supporter
12-31-2007, 06:21 PM
They already said they don't know how to spend it all, many times..

I'm waiting until after Iowa to evaluate how well their campaign management is.

Minuteman
bitch bitch. moan moan. complain complain. Some of you people are beyond belief.

If you can do better, why dont you take some damn inititive and do it. Oh wait, its easier to armchair quarterback than to actually do something.

LibertyEagle
kinda fuccked up that Patriot has to do what HQ should have been doing all week! I've given my heart, blood, guts, soul, and money to grassroots as well as HQ...I've eraned the right to bitch over such an obvious and avoidable screw up as reaching the 20 million milestone that was so close

Yes it does. But, we're not going to fix it by griping about it. It's still not too late to help us get there, or at least one heck of a lot closer.

I've sent out about 100 of these emails myself. Will you please help? Even if you just sent out 20, it will be a great help. It's just a simple cut-and-paste operation and it's pretty darn quick.

Please help.

LibertyEagle
12-31-2007, 06:22 PM
They already said they don't know how to spend it all, many times..

I'm waiting until after Iowa to evaluate how well their campaign management is.

Actually, didn't you see the email Kent Snyder sent out yesterday? They need 23 million dollars MORE ASAP, if they are going to have enough money to advertise like they need to in the upcoming states.

mconder
12-31-2007, 06:24 PM
The campaign had little to do with reaching the other goals, so why should this be any different. I blame the anti-Money Bomb Brigade & Ron Paul's Payday people. The idea of making small weekly installments is less than inspiring.

LibertyEagle
12-31-2007, 06:26 PM
All it takes is sending out about 20 emails to Meetup coordinators. It's a simple cut-and-paste operation. Please come help.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=765740&posted=1#post765740

LibertyEagle
12-31-2007, 06:29 PM
It will take you about 10-15 minutes.

Dave Wood
12-31-2007, 06:29 PM
All it takes is sending out about 20 emails to Meetup coordinators. It's a simple cut-and-paste operation. Please come help.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=765740&posted=1#post765740

I am not a meetup member:( I feel helpless. I really believe it to be VERY important to get out of the "teens" tonight. Maybe its just me.........

Adamsa
12-31-2007, 06:30 PM
STFU

Yup.

Focus on telling people about Ron, he'll be the top fundraiser whatever happens.

Menthol Patch
12-31-2007, 06:42 PM

Half of the time people complain that the campaign is sending out too many fund raising emails! People have screamed that they need to let the grassroots do their own thing. Now that we don't get a slew of emails people are complaining once again!

Lets leave the National HQ alone and let them do their jobs. They have a TON of work to do right now.

adpierce
12-31-2007, 06:43 PM
STFU

QFT!!!

quickmike
12-31-2007, 06:43 PM
Heres the way I see it. The campaign sent out an email saying they need 23 million dollars more to do advertising in feb. If thats not clear enough a message, then Id say its the supporters who are the knuckleheads and not the campaign. I mean, how much more clear can they make it? Maybe everyone is strapped for cash right now, who knows.

Do RP supporters really need to be told when to donate like a bunch of sheep?

I wouldnt think so.

speciallyblend
12-31-2007, 07:51 PM
please show proof they havent inserted snail mail donations yet? how do you know before midnight they dont inject more offline donations,please show your sources and 100% you know this

derekjohnson
12-31-2007, 08:21 PM
I don't know...maybe they were more worried about gaining votes in Iowa and New Hampshire than breaking 20 Million.

matthylland
12-31-2007, 08:22 PM
I don't know...maybe they were more worried about gaining votes in Iowa and New Hampshire than breaking 20 Million.

+1.

LibertyEagle
12-31-2007, 08:24 PM
I am not a meetup member:( I feel helpless. I really believe it to be VERY important to get out of the "teens" tonight. Maybe its just me.........

Dave,

I sent you a PM about how to setup a meetup account so that you could help us send out emails. There is no reason to join a meetup group.

So, if you really want to help, you know how.

RonPaulFever
12-31-2007, 08:27 PM
I'm going to venture a guess that the campaign will add in enough offlines before midnight to reach 20 mil. They just want to see how much they can get from the grassroots first. Makes sense to me.....if we hit 20 million before midnight, people are likely to stop donating completely.

LibertyEagle
12-31-2007, 08:35 PM
They already added a couple hundred thousand.

Peace&Freedom
12-31-2007, 08:58 PM
I think raising the totals by a half million dollars in one day is absolutely good enough. As I recall, the the Veteran's Day moneybomb pulled in similar numbers. Given that this bomb wasn't well promoted, nor had the unified support of the grassroots, the outcome is pretty impressive. "Even on a minor money bomb day, Paul brings in a half million." $19.5 million will be abbreviated by most of the media as "he raised about/just shy of $20 million for the quarter." So we've got our magic number. Only downside now is, the MSM may sidestep Paul's achievement by reporting only on what the candidates raised for the YEAR, instead of the most recent quarter.

Ron LOL
12-31-2007, 09:01 PM
HQ doesn't even have a ball to drop. This sort of thing doesn't surprise me at all anymore.

Birdlady
12-31-2007, 09:07 PM
All that needed to be done was a 5 sentence paragraph from the Fundraising coordinator. That's his whole job at the campaign. There is nothing else he should be doing right now other than thinking of ways to get more money on the last day of the quarter.

I agree with Max wholeheartedly on this one.

Lord Xar
12-31-2007, 09:19 PM
the psychological impact of 20 million OVER 19.5 million is HUGE ---

this common sense 101.

Troyhand
12-31-2007, 09:26 PM
All that needed to be done was a 5 sentence paragraph from the Fundraising coordinator. That's his whole job at the campaign. There is nothing else he should be doing right now other than thinking of ways to get more money on the last day of the quarter.

I agree with Max wholeheartedly on this one.

Huh? They just sent out the notice that they need 23 million in the next five weeks. I think they have more important things to worry about. The truth is whether we make 20 million or not, it's not going to be headlines in any papers or plastered on TV.
The only people the 20 Million mark is important to is us, and that's why I think it's important for us to make it. Because we want it and because it would inspire us even more.
But to put the responsibility of this mini-moneybomb on the campaign as to whether it succeeds or fails is a bit unjust. The sweetness of the moneybombs has always been that they've been totally separate from the campaign. A TOTAL grassroots effort. Blaming the campaign for OUR lack of incentive is just a copout.

The Lantern
12-31-2007, 09:27 PM
STFU

Amen, Brother!

FireofLiberty
12-31-2007, 09:33 PM
I'm willing to bet recent offline donations have yet to be added as well as store purchases. If Christmas time store purchases haven't been added there could be a significant chunk of change that hasn't yet been added to the widget.

amistybleu
12-31-2007, 09:36 PM

Well they did ask for 23,000,000.00 in like 4 weeks so they probably anticipated a million by new years.