PDA

View Full Version : Bad Blood Between Huckabee and Paul

itshappening
12-31-2007, 05:43 PM
http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1699147,00.html

mentions the incident today:

That much was clear on New Year's Eve. After Huckabee was forced to abruptly end his press conference at which he announced that he would not air a negative ad attacking Mitt Romney but showed it to the assembled media, he left the room in the Des Moines Marriott to do a drop-by visit of his campaign headquarters across the street. He was met there by a gaggle of Paul supporters and peace protesters who surrounded the office and heckled the candidate for his support for the war in Iraq. MSNBC reported that three were arrested.

Xonox
12-31-2007, 05:44 PM
Anybody know if the arrested people were from the RP group or the Anti-War group?

Jeremy
12-31-2007, 05:45 PM
It's not bad blood between Huck and Paul. Huck talked with people from RP campaign and he knows that we had nothing to do with it. If only the media wasn't SO SLOW AND IGNORANT!

Jeremy
Anybody know if the arrested people were from the RP group or the Anti-War group?

It's already official that RP supporters didn't have to do with this and weren't arrested.

ClayTrainor
We lost 3 voters :(

i wonder under what charge they were arrested for.

did they actually break any laws or is this similar to what Ralph Nader went through?

itshappening
12-31-2007, 05:47 PM
maybe move this to Bad media Reporting....

Jeremy
12-31-2007, 05:47 PM
We lost 3 voters :(

i wonder under what charge they were arrested for.

did they actually break any laws or is this similar to what Ralph Nader went through?

Did you ignore my posts in this thread? These weren't RPers.

Paulbot_9876
12-31-2007, 05:48 PM
they talked anti war......free speech isn't free with hucky.....look at his forums...they boot you for talking there......

JAHOGS
another post about this earlier today said that no Ron Paul supporters were arrested. LANDONCOOK was his handle and said the source was him because was there.

LinuxUser269
T
he arrested people were from the Anti-War group.

ClayTrainor
12-31-2007, 05:49 PM
Did you ignore my posts in this thread? These weren't RPers.

looks like we posted at the exact same time man... i didnt read your post until after i posted.

Mike S.
12-31-2007, 05:51 PM
I don't read "bad blood" between the candidates. Certainly there are some differences among the respective supporters.

Ron Paul is standing up for all Americans - I don't think for one minute he has any intentions of excluding one single person, should he get elected president, even if they hate his guts. That's the beauty of The Constitution. I pray that he can get elected.

Perry
12-31-2007, 05:53 PM
It's funny because this is 50% contrived. I'm sure that Huckabee is very jealous and resentful of Paul but I doubt that Paul wastes much time thinking about Mike Huckabee. He's too mature and does not enjoy political games.

fez2008
12-31-2007, 05:59 PM
Am I the only one who thinks this is some kind of parody article?
Direct quote:
"But there is some quiet grumbling from Huckabee's team about Paul's people using up all the paper towels. When told about the dispute, a top strategist for a rival GOP campaign said of the scruffy Paul forces: "They probably bathe in there." "

lazy journalist making a story out of a non-story

JenHarris
12-31-2007, 06:07 PM
[QUOTE=Mike S.;765509]I don't read "bad blood" between the candidates. Certainly there are some differences among the respective supporters.

I don't think differences is quite strong enough to describe what I feel :p

Liberty
12-31-2007, 06:19 PM
It's not bad blood between Huck and Paul. Huck talked with people from RP campaign and he knows that we had nothing to do with it. If only the media wasn't SO SLOW AND IGNORANT!

MSNBC is getting as bad as FOX.

Azprint
12-31-2007, 06:22 PM
MSNBC is getting as bad as FOX.

Tucker and Olbermann still rock though ;)

itshappening
12-31-2007, 06:23 PM
I don't read "bad blood" between the candidates. Certainly there are some differences among the respective supporters.

Ron Paul is standing up for all Americans - I don't think for one minute he has any intentions of excluding one single person, should he get elected president, even if they hate his guts. That's the beauty of The Constitution. I pray that he can get elected.

I agree there's no bad blood and to say so is just contrived...

it's funny if you watch the debates when RP actually gets a proper chance to answer a question you will see Huckabee starring at him almost admirably and listening intently to everything he says :D always amused me that

MayTheRonBeWithYou
12-31-2007, 06:24 PM
Wandering across the hall from one office to the other on a weekend afternoon, I could sense the different metabolisms of the two operations. The Huckabee headquarters, which used to be a United Airlines ticket office, is populated mostly by polite young women with southern accents who rushed to greet me at the door and addressed me as "ma'am." The Paul office is an edgier place, an all-male operation by appearances, and much bigger. Indeed, thanks to the millions that have poured in over the internet, it has expanded to quadruple its original size, practically swallowing Huckabee's headquarters

hahaha... nice.

Bradley in DC
12-31-2007, 06:27 PM
It's funny because this is 50% contrived. I'm sure that Huckabee is very jealous and resentful of Paul but I doubt that Paul wastes much time thinking about Mike Huckabee. He's too mature and does enjoy political games.

:confused:

Jealous: Huckabee raises no money but is (arguably) the frontrunner in IA and possibly the nation. Certainly dollars well spent. ;)

It is Paul that is running against Huckabee (paying surrogates to trash him), not the other way around. :eek:

literatim
12-31-2007, 06:28 PM
http://www.time.com/time/letters/email_letter.html

Send comment.

LibertyEagle
12-31-2007, 06:31 PM
It is Paul that is running against Huckabee (paying surrogates to trash him), not the other way around. :eek:

What are you talking about? Paul didn't pay anyone to trash Huckabee!

rightobeleftalone
12-31-2007, 06:31 PM
it's funny if you watch the debates when RP actually gets a proper chance to answer a question you will see Huckabee starring at him almost admirably and listening intently to everything he says :D always amused me that[/QUOTE]

i noticed that Tancredo did the same thing at a previous debate.

freelance
12-31-2007, 06:33 PM

Jealous: Huckabee raises no money but is (arguably) the frontrunner in IA and possibly the nation. Certainly dollars well spent. ;)

WHAAAAAAAAT???

Bradley in DC
12-31-2007, 06:33 PM
What are you talking about? Paul didn't pay anyone to trash Huckabee!

Sorry, missed a preposition, pay FOR surrogates to trash Huckabee. The official campaign paid for Arkansas critics (state reps, or former state reps, off the top of my head) to go to IA to trash-talk Huckabee.

Bradley in DC
12-31-2007, 06:36 PM
Sorry, missed a preposition, pay FOR surrogates to trash Huckabee. The official campaign paid for Arkansas critics (state reps, or former state reps, off the top of my head) to go to IA to trash-talk Huckabee.

I take it back, my original characterization was right.

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/13481
Jesse Benton Brings Huckabee Critics to Iowa
Posted December 14th, 2007 by zenpiper

Although the AP headline reads "Paul Brings Huckabee Critics to Iowa" - this is Jesse Benton's initiative.
Paul's campaign said Thursday it was paying former Sen. Jim Holt and former Rep. Randy Minton about $5,000 each to go to Iowa for a series of radio interviews criticizing Huckabee's 10 1/2 years as Arkansas governor.
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5...

While this may be a viable strategy, many of us would cry foul if Huckabee's campaign brought Texans to New Hampshire to criticize Dr. Paul. Maybe this is the way the game is played but I, for one, am not comfortable with it.
Dr. Paul's personal integrity, coupled with his message of freedom, should be sufficient to attracts supporters and votes. He has come a long way without resorting to hired guns to smear another candidate. Seems a bit desperate to do something like this; and--if I had to guess--it was done without Dr. Paul's approval.
Benton said Paul does not plan to bring in additional surrogates to campaign against Huckabee or any other candidate.
I hope that is the case.

Late hit :
After reading some of the other posts, there appears to be (at least) two viewpoints, and both have merit. My view is that hiring paid shills does not reflect well on RP's integrity. Some agree with me. Others have stated, perhaps correctly, that sometimes the gloves have to come off if one wants to win, and this kind of thing is neither illegal nor inappropriate, and that it's "about time" that the RP Campaign started playing hard ball.
I am not savvy enough to know which is the better course. I tend to follow my gut and heart. Only time will tell if hiring the guys was a smart move.

Paulbot_9876
12-31-2007, 06:36 PM

wrong. he hired them to tell the truth about huck....that is not trash talking....you think people should be mis lead by huck????? there is a difference between telling the truth and trash talking.......

mconder
12-31-2007, 06:39 PM
MSNBC reported that three were arrested.

Ya...the three war protesters. Failed to mention that!

Perry
12-31-2007, 06:42 PM

You don't think Huckabee is jealous of what Paul has accomplished? I guarantee you that Mike Huckabee thinks about and is confronted with Pauls success every single day.
Huckabee has to put up with Paul supporters everywhere he goes(which Huck does not have) and he lacks the funding to run the campaign that he desires where Pauls fundraising has been brought to Hucks attention on numerous occasions as was evidenced by Huckabees last fundraiser. The first words out of his mouth were "we out raised Ron Paul'. Ron Paul pays people to play politics sure but my point is that I don't think he's losing any sleep more over any one candidate than another.
The shrewd political pundits know that these polls mean nothing as circumstances are unique. Huck polls higher in Iowa and this means nothing. Look at what Ronald Reagan, John Kerry, Jimmy Carter and Pat Buchanan were polling at before they hit Iowa and New Hampshire. You're damned straight Huckabee is worried about Ron Paul.
Sometimes Bradley...I think you are cynical in order too keep yourself safe.
Let yourself hope again. This is not Jesse venture, Pat Buchanan or Ralph Nader. This is the Ron Paul Revolution. Allow yourself to hope again.
Mike Huckbee leads nothing.

P.S....I'm going to send you a big fat "I told you so" pm on January 4th. :D

Bradley in DC
12-31-2007, 06:47 PM
Sometimes Bradley...I think you are cynical in order too keep yourself safe.
Let yourself hope again. This is not Jesse venture, Pat Buchanan or Ralph Nader. This is the Ron Paul Revolution. Allow yourself to hope again.
Mike Huckbee leads nothing.

P.S....I'm going to send you a big fat "I told you so" pm on January 4th. :D

Hi Perry,

I came to DC pretty jaded about politics (just from my experiences in Ohio). I was a downright Pollyanna then compared to now after my decade here. :p I don't think it's an attempt to keep me safe, just experience. ;)

JohnnyWrath
12-31-2007, 06:56 PM
hit piece that was overly biased toward huckabee more with each and every adjective. "The simple, humble, and saintly Huck workers are being harrassed by the thug Ron Paul Campaign" is what it said in not so many words...