PDA

View Full Version : Folks Whats up! NONE I repeat NONE of the old guard have given $ today??

Dave Wood
12-31-2007, 05:14 PM
Almost all brand new donors. Dont you guys want this?? This is prime campaign real estate. How many have reached this height? The view is beautiful and the air is clear from that altitude. $20 million is a far cry from anything in the teens and you know it.

We are in the bottom of the ninth, bases loaded, full count, down by three runs.....what are we going to do? This is a defining moment, either we define the moment or the moment defines us, our choice! :(

johnrocks
12-31-2007, 05:15 PM
Almost all brand new donors. Dont you guys want this?? This is prime campaign real estate. How many have reached this height? The view is beautiful and the air is clear from that altitude. $20 million is a far cry from anything in the teens and you know it.

We are in the bottom of the ninth, bases loaded, full count, down by three runs.....what are we going to do? This is a defining moment, either we define the moment or the moment defines us, our choice! :(

I'm tapped until after the first. 10 measly dollars would be like a kick in the nads right now:(

Dave Wood
12-31-2007, 05:17 PM
I'm tapped until after the first. 10 measly dollars would be like a kick in the nads right now:(

John, thats alright man...you know, just spread the word now to anyone who might give a little cash. Doesnt have to be much you know!

jake
12-31-2007, 05:17 PM
the hardcore supporters need to throw in 20 bucks! please! :(

sillvergirl
12-31-2007, 05:18 PM
I'm already a $2300 club member. The law has my purse zipped shut.

I'm counting on the rest of you to carry the day for us .

Jeremy
12-31-2007, 05:19 PM
I think we need to get the tea party people back... not everyone who participated in that event are here talking about RP everyday like us you know!

stevedasbach
12-31-2007, 05:20 PM
I'm already a $2300 club member. The law has my purse zipped shut.

I'm counting on the rest of you to carry the day for us .

Same here [wallet, not purse :)]. Plan to donate to the blimp today to compensate.

jblosser
12-31-2007, 05:20 PM
The campaign asked us to go to NH and so we are. Our money is buying plane tickets.

Also I'm maxxed out.

patrick123
12-31-2007, 05:21 PM

Alright. You called me out. Here you go:

Thank you very much for your donation of $100.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.

Thanks for being a part of the campaign!

Your confirmation number:
305159-2TT72434M68200544

liberty_Forever
12-31-2007, 05:21 PM
Don't worry, let's just do our best.

One thing that works is start calling people in your cell phone, and make them donate. I'm sure this will be easy when they are drunk.

Dave Wood
12-31-2007, 05:23 PM
One thing that works is start calling people in your cell phone, and make them donate. I'm sure this will be easy when they are drunk.[/QUOTE]

That is funny:D:o

AgentPaul001
12-31-2007, 05:24 PM
The new donors part of the application is a bit out of whack, sadly those aren't all new donors :P Although I'd almost prefer it to be almost all new people today :)

robert4rp08
12-31-2007, 05:26 PM
BROKE BROKE BROKE. Just bought 100 ounces of silver and plane ticket/hotel reservation/car rental for trip to NH. :D

gb13
12-31-2007, 05:27 PM

I'm in.

ladyliberty
12-31-2007, 05:28 PM
Can't be helped - I tapped out my bank account for December, and I wont get paid again until next week.

Many of the "old guard" - all contributed their maximum amount for the Dec 16 Tea Party - the only thing we can do now is get more new supporters involved! :)

We ought to have a $2300 Club thread on this board somewhere. I am not there yet, but it wont be much longer and I will have to stop too.

Dave Wood
12-31-2007, 05:29 PM
BROKE BROKE BROKE. Just bought 100 ounces of silver and plane ticket/hotel reservation/car rental for trip to NH. :D

You are definitely doing YOUR part:) Think about who you might have missed that isnt aware of how close we are to $20 million and give them a ring.

Good luck in New Hampshire!!

gb13
12-31-2007, 05:30 PM
Done.

$20 - not much, but it's the best I could do.

deedles
12-31-2007, 05:31 PM
I donated 50.00...

Okay, I'll go a little more :rolleyes::D

Dave Wood
12-31-2007, 05:32 PM
Done.

$20 - not much, but it's the best I could do.

Thats all thats needed to do this.....we just have to let the others know how close we are and that we can actually achieve this....they will send $20 bucks, dont you think?

deedles
12-31-2007, 05:34 PM
Thank you very much for your donation of $100.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.

305307-1CU14461C5342044M

tsetsefly
12-31-2007, 05:36 PM
Thank you very much for your donation of $25.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Thanks for being a part of the campaign

the_oco
12-31-2007, 05:37 PM
Lol, I'm moving into a new spot tomorrow and was $500 short on the security deposit, so I had to take out a loan.

Strangely, I know that on dec 15th I had everything in order, but on the 16th I seem to have made a bold move with my finances.:cool:

Mark37snj
12-31-2007, 05:38 PM
Donated earlier today :D

Mr. XXXX XXXXXXXX,

Thank you very much for your donation of $50.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

T303795-108667195

On another thread somebody gave 500.00 :eek:

I also gave to the Blimp today.

NYgs23
12-31-2007, 05:44 PM
I sense that this isn't a very good time for donations in general. I mean, late December, after Christmas and before people go back to work? It's too bad that so many deadlines are coinciding at this most inconvenient time of the year.

Dave Wood
12-31-2007, 05:45 PM
I have talked my wife into $25 donations up to $150 tonight!! I have only given $400 so far and have the money to do more but my marriage and my daughter are important to me.

I consider this a win! She told me after the tea party NO MORE MONEY DAMMIT! He He He

Time for Change
12-31-2007, 05:49 PM
I am in this movement...I just gave the remainder of my paycheck, for the third time (3 donations, 3 separate pay periods), today.
I am not rich, but I can give 100 at a time, every couple weeks (until I get REALLY hungry).
So, that said, define old guard ?:D

jake
12-31-2007, 05:52 PM
Operation: Midnight 'Drunk' Call for Paul!!

LinuxUser269
12-31-2007, 05:54 PM
Mr. LinuxUser,

Thank you very much for your donation of $25.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

T304999-108677702

Project Code:
PSIMON

Liberty Star
12-31-2007, 06:03 PM
Here is where I am. I didn't call or convince anyone today, myself included, and on Dec 16 I was trying to get everyone I knew and their mothers to donate.

It's probably too idealistic on my part but I was conflicted after watching that terrorist nations labeling ad, hopefully motivation level will go up in a day or so. There doesn't seem to be any better candidate out there and this ad is probably just rough politics to appeal to emotions in couple of primary states.

OferNave
12-31-2007, 06:10 PM
I maxed out on Nov 5th. :) Been funding other projects instead.

Cinci4RP
12-31-2007, 06:18 PM
Don't worry, let's just do our best.

One thing that works is start calling people in your cell phone, and make them donate. I'm sure this will be easy when they are drunk.

:eek: I made my first donation after 3 homebrews (22oz. each at 9.5%) 11-5 after my cousin called me. This works. Hope the server holds......

Convert
12-31-2007, 06:20 PM

T305697-108681282

I'm an "old guard". :)

LinuxUser269
12-31-2007, 06:33 PM
Boy I really want to see that blimp ill have to give some bucks in hopes to see it at the bucs game.

nc4rp
12-31-2007, 06:50 PM
spent my last few bucks on postage for wyoming letters.

WilliamC
12-31-2007, 06:55 PM
I have talked my wife into $25 donations up to $150 tonight!! I have only given $400 so far and have the money to do more but my marriage and my daughter are important to me.

I consider this a win! She told me after the tea party NO MORE MONEY DAMMIT! He He He

I hear you Dave. My wife has gotten very upset with me so no more donations :(

But I am calling people in Iowa tonight that I previously wrote letters to and have gotten several interested enough in Ron Paul to look him up on the interweb :)

Got Liberty?
12-31-2007, 07:13 PM

T306137-108683305

Avalon
12-31-2007, 07:13 PM
I put off needed oral surgery on two teeth (one on each side) for 8.5 months to donate/spend half of the $1300 out of pocket expense to the campaign (this next year I'm using an FSA to spread out payment).

For anyone else that would like to try it: it turns out strident defense/advocacy of liberty wards off infections...no antibiotics necessary. The incessent pain and the general inability to chew are definite detractors, however.

Dave Wood
12-31-2007, 07:15 PM
I put off needed oral surgery on two teeth (one on each side) for 8.5 months to donate/spend half of the $1300 out of pocket expense to the campaign (this next year I'm using an FSA to spread out payment).

For anyone else that would like to try it: it turns out strident defense/advocacy of liberty wards off infections...no antibiotics necessary. The incessent pain and the general inability to chew are definite detractors, however.

No way! You cant be serious?? Are you serious?:eek:

LukeNM
12-31-2007, 07:18 PM
Not sure what is going on -- we should have made the $20M by lunch time...

xexkxex
12-31-2007, 07:26 PM

The "hardcore" supporters are maxed out ;)

....it's a bummer...cause I would drop $20 in a heart beat too. :D

Menthol Patch
12-31-2007, 07:26 PM

T305697-108681282

I'm an "old guard". :)

That is awesome!

Convert
12-31-2007, 07:37 PM
I'll throw down another $100, if 5 people will match it.

Mike S.
12-31-2007, 07:40 PM

For the last money bomb, I only had $20 to give. But rather than blow it off, I pledged and got enough friends and family to give their $10 or $20 to bring it all up to around $100. And, I brought a bunch of people on board in the process.

I gave $10 tonight. Better than $0.

Dave Wood
12-31-2007, 07:43 PM
Jonathan just dropped the bomb..........he just dropped in about $170k!

We are sitting at close to $19.5

Toldya! C`mon this is in the bag!

Real_CaGeD
12-31-2007, 07:46 PM
T306517-10868*****

sORRY, i AM BROKE!

ChristopherJ
12-31-2007, 07:47 PM
You're not going to like my answer, but I'm not giving any more money until I see something from the campaign. I have given $1k so far, which is a lot of money for me, and I just want to start seeing some returns on my investment.

TBH I am waiting until after Iowa and NH to see if this thing has any legs. I was a little offended by the last fundraising e-mail asking for $23 million more than we have already given them. I don't believe they should have asked for such a huge amount when at times it is really hard to see where all the money is going. It certainly isn't translating into higher polling numbers.

Man I am getting really depressed writing this :(

I really love RP and have invested countless hours and a lot of money to this campaign over these past several months. I just want to see something soon and I'll be right back on the horse.

Please don't flame me or call me a troll. I'm just telling the truth about why I haven't donated today. I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling this way.

LukeNM
12-31-2007, 07:52 PM
Mr. LukeNM,

T306595-108684708

Real_CaGeD
12-31-2007, 07:53 PM
You're not going to like my answer, but I'm not giving any more money until I see something from the campaign. I have given $1k so far, which is a lot of money for me, and I just want to start seeing some returns on my investment.

TBH I am waiting until after Iowa and NH to see if this thing has any legs. I was a little offended by the last fundraising e-mail asking for $23 million more than we have already given them. I don't believe they should have asked for such a huge amount when at times it is really hard to see where all the money is going. It certainly isn't translating into higher polling numbers.

I really love RP and have invested countless hours and a lot of money to this campaign over these past several months. I just want to see something soon and I'll be right back on the horse.

Please don't flame me or call me a troll. I'm just telling the truth about why I haven't donated today. I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling this way.

You feelings are exactly why the MSM does what it is doing.

Joe3113
12-31-2007, 07:55 PM
You feelings are exactly why the MSM does what it is doing.

+1

Dave Wood
12-31-2007, 07:55 PM

Your NOT a troll Chris, c`mon man relax! but you dont think you could do $25 tonight to put the DOC in the BOX seats? Hell, I talked my wife into up to $150 tonight and after the 16th she said NO MORE:D

austin4paul
12-31-2007, 07:58 PM

Okay - here's an example of how your money has been spent -- and kudos for the prior support. HQ has developed a nationwide database that will roll out this week to offer supporters who volunteer to become precinct captains targeted information to canvass the voters in our precinct. So you don't have to log in, I'll tell you about it as I'm beta testing it. Let's you know exactly which street addresses, names, and special interests (i.e. Liberty, gun control, etc.) of the voters as scoring their political viewpoint (democrat v. republican for those states that it matters, and a score for liberal vs. conservative viewpoints), their likelihood of donating money and their sphere of influence in the community, so you target the most influential people first. I've tested in and it's an AWESOME use of our money.

Hopefully, this will inspire you to chip-in another $20.08 (or more) tonight.

http://voters.ronpaul2008.com

Avalon
12-31-2007, 08:00 PM
No way! You cant be serious?? Are you serious?:eek: It was the best way I could think of to be able to contribute and still fulfill my obligations given that my employer renegged on (half of) the last couple raises I was promised. I seriously considered selling plasma which was suggested here but I couldn't get anyone else to go with me and my veins are somewhat difficult to tap (I've had problems 3 of the 5 times I've donated blood and 2 of the 4 times I remember having bloodwork done).

I really wanted to donate in May (when it mattered the most) but I wasn't sure I could make it (my dentist said I'd be back in a month whether I liked it or not)...I didn't donate to the official campaign until November 5th, when I was quite confident. I donated the rest for the tea party.

Dave Wood
12-31-2007, 08:05 PM
It was the best way I could think of to be able to contribute and still fulfill my obligations given that my employer renegged on (half of) the last couple raises I was promised. I seriously considered selling plasma which was suggested here but I couldn't get anyone else to go with me and my veins are somewhat difficult to tap (I've had problems 3 of the 5 times I've donated blood and 2 of the 4 times I remember having bloodwork done).

I really wanted to donate in May (when it mattered the most) but I wasn't sure I could make it (my dentist said I'd be back in a month whether I liked it or not)...I didn't donate to the official campaign until November 5th, when I was quite confident. I donated the rest for the tea party.

Avalon, YOU are a true patriot! I hope I am not the only one to tell you this but, you have done enough, we have your back. You arent going to be any use to anyone if you dont get the teeth dealt with. I am headed there myself. Take a rest and enjoy the festivities:D

MsDoodahs
12-31-2007, 08:10 PM
I'm maxxed, hubby is maxxed. Mom is halfway to maxxed...I'll see if I can talk her into donating a little more...:)

hambone1982
12-31-2007, 08:11 PM

I'm tapped, but one of those new donors today donated after I encouraged him to do so.

MarcMadness
12-31-2007, 08:12 PM
We're already doing what we can, I'm sure of it. And I'm tapped but you know what, as much as I hate debt I do own a credit card so here I go, I'll toss another $25 in. Hopefully a lot of small donations like this can push us over the top.

mosquitobite
12-31-2007, 08:12 PM
I have the same problem as some of the other people. I've donated over $250 but my husband is adamant NO MORE. :(

I want to donate, but my marriage will suffer if I attempt it. :|

LibertyEagle
12-31-2007, 08:13 PM
Austin4paul,

Should you be putting that information out on a public message board, for other campaigns to see?

Avalon
12-31-2007, 08:16 PM
Austin4paul,

Should you be putting that information out on a public message board, for other campaigns to see? That info was already out there, on this board, released by the official campaign.

MsDoodahs
12-31-2007, 08:18 PM
$200...

Convert
12-31-2007, 08:20 PM
My husband thinks I've lost my mind too...but here I go again. (Shhh Don't tell him).

T307007-108685598

webber53
12-31-2007, 08:26 PM
Dear,

Thank you very much for your donation of $XXX.XX to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity
through Ron Paul’s candidacy.

306921-0X8243708D968284N

Convert
12-31-2007, 08:28 PM
Think of it this way, it was only 80 cents in pre-Fed dollars.

Avalon
12-31-2007, 08:29 PM
Avalon, YOU are a true patriot! I hope I am not the only one to tell you this but, you have done enough, we have your back. You arent going to be any use to anyone if you dont get the teeth dealt with. I am headed there myself. Take a rest and enjoy the festivities:D I really appreciate that. This is the first time I've really talked about it...I didn't want to add to the impression that we're cult-like/fanatical. I think I will tell my dentist as part of my RP pitch to him though.

maiki
12-31-2007, 08:30 PM
Woohoo! I'm a donator.

Thank you very much for your donation of $20.08 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

T307017-108685620

integrity
12-31-2007, 08:32 PM
Mr. xxxxxxxxxxx,
Thank you very much for your donation of $200.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.
T301353-108625143
Project Code:
CO1111

pacelli
12-31-2007, 08:36 PM
I was a little offended by the last fundraising e-mail asking for $23 million more than we have already given them. I don't believe they should have asked for such a huge amount when at times it is really hard to see where all the money is going. It certainly isn't translating into higher polling numbers.

<snip>

Nobody should be calling you a troll. Thank you for helping us out!

webber53
12-31-2007, 08:41 PM
Bump!

zcopley
12-31-2007, 08:59 PM
Okay okay... going broke here for Ron Paul! But I guess it's only money...

Subject: Thank you for your generous donation
Date: December 31, 2007 8:51:57 PM CST
To: xxxxxxxxxxx
Reply-To: no-reply@ronpaul2008.com

Dear Zachary Copley,

Thank you very much for your donation of $50.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

307253-7LF1879248997223X

Convert
12-31-2007, 09:03 PM
Blump

hopeforamerica
12-31-2007, 09:19 PM
Thank you very much for your donation of $16.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

307463-6XY694352Y6098910

It's all I had left in my paypal account! I'm almost maxed out.

webaform
12-31-2007, 09:21 PM
maxed and tapped

we have a lot less freeriders than other campaigns, that's pretty cool

ChristopherJ
12-31-2007, 09:30 PM
Okay I don't want to let down my fellow patriots.

T307625-108686849

Guess $100 more won't kill me.

Carole
12-31-2007, 09:32 PM
Don't....HOLD..........
Don't....HOLD..........
Don't....HOLD..........
Don't....HOLD..........
Now........................Donate!!

We are just all tensed up over Iowa this week. :o

Come one Everyone. We need to get our minds off of the bad stuff.

Let's get started here and now for the new year.

We can do this if we try. :D

Read this for a smile!!! We may be affecting the stock market!!!!

Big money dumping NWS.A
http://digg.com/business_finance/Big_money_dumping_NWS_A_2

moostraks
12-31-2007, 09:40 PM

T307783-108687117

Troyhand
12-31-2007, 10:07 PM
bump

Dave Wood
12-31-2007, 10:19 PM
Thank you for your generous donation of $50.00!
Contribution received!

Thank you very much for your donation to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

You will receive an email shortly with a confirmation number.

Happy New Years DOC!

saintbob
12-31-2007, 11:10 PM
Paul hasn't spent what he has and we're seeing how out investment proves out this next week and a half.

me3
12-31-2007, 11:26 PM
Paul hasn't spent what he has and we're seeing how out investment proves out this next week and a half.
Liberty is an investment that provides it's own return.

jabrownie
12-31-2007, 11:32 PM
Best I could do at the moment. But good news is, the wife finally got a job offer, so hopefully will be able to make more donations this next quarter. Woot!

T308743-108689947