PDA

View Full Version : CNN just said Times Square is closed to new entrants

louisiana4liberty
12-31-2007, 05:00 PM
I thought the NYC meetup group was leaving at 7:15 PM. It looks like they might be too late. The sign bomb must go on.

Maybe they can hand off their posters to people that are already there. We must find a work around.

UPDATE: I spoke with the meetup and they will not be able to march into Times Square. They can still hand off RP banners and signs.

Myerz
12-31-2007, 05:02 PM
Sounds like they're (we) are screwed.

We talk too much around here......we give the enemy way too much warning!

NCSURonPaulAddict
12-31-2007, 05:03 PM
No... it's pretty much common knowledge that you can't get anywhere near the cameras in Times Square unless you're there really early in the day. The 7pm departure was poorly planned if the goal was to get on TV.

rooteroa
12-31-2007, 05:04 PM
I said this hours ago, Times Square gets packed early, I don't know what they were thinking.

smartpeople4ronpaul
12-31-2007, 05:05 PM
No... it's pretty much common knowledge that you can't get anywhere near the cameras in Times Square unless you're there really early in the day. The 7pm departure was poorly planned if the goal was to get on TV.

Sadly true. Maybe people can sneak in though. Or, have a HUGE rally right outside of where they have it blocked off!

louisiana4liberty
12-31-2007, 05:06 PM
Sadly true. Maybe people can sneak in though. Or, have a HUGE rally right outside of where they have it blocked off!

They need to contact people that are already in and hand off those posters and signs.

Jeremy
12-31-2007, 05:08 PM
I think they're going to have to do it outside of it then....

When people leave Time Square, where will they head? That's where they need to be!

louisiana4liberty
12-31-2007, 05:10 PM
I think they're going to have to do it outside of it then....

When people leave Time Square, where will they head? That's where they need to be!

No...they need to start communicating with people that are already inside Times Square so they can meetup and hand off those signs. I will call the meetup group if I can find the number. If anyone has it please post.

Bob Spruill
12-31-2007, 05:15 PM
Live Times Square Webcams

http://www.earthcam.com/ts/

walt
12-31-2007, 05:18 PM
I though the NYC meetup group was leaving at 7:15 PM. It looks like they might be too late. The sign bomb must go on.

Maybe they can hand off their posters to people that are already there. We must find a work around.

UPDATE: I spoke with the meetup and they will not be able to march into Times Square. They can still hand off RP banners and signs.

like I said in my post, they needed to be there at 4PM - I used to work in NYC.

louisiana4liberty
12-31-2007, 05:21 PM
like I said in my post, they needed to be there at 4PM - I used to work in NYC.

I just spoke with the meetup and they know they won't be able to march into Times Square. They may be able to pass off signs to others that are in the event. The guy I spoke with didn't sound too enthusiastic.

Jeremy
12-31-2007, 05:22 PM
No...they need to start communicating with people that are already inside Times Square so they can meetup and hand off those signs. I will call the meetup group if I can find the number. If anyone has it please post.

Well if that doesn't work (like not enough people inside...), use my idea! Or do both with everyone who can't get in. :)

liberty_Forever
12-31-2007, 05:22 PM
Tell them to get drunk and go hand out literature or something!

Jeremy
12-31-2007, 05:24 PM
I've only been to NYC a couple times and I've never been to a New Year event... but where does everyone go after midnight? Train station? If so, get some people near there =)

Eric21ND
12-31-2007, 05:38 PM
I'm here in ND and even I knew that 7pm was way too late to get down there. I never even been to NYC before, but common sense tells you it will be controlled chaos and to leave extra, extra early.

smartpeople4ronpaul
12-31-2007, 09:35 PM
I agree with stormtrooper.

McDermit
12-31-2007, 09:49 PM
Seriously. These people live in NY. I've only been in the city for New Years twice and knew this. What happened?

Nefertiti
12-31-2007, 09:53 PM
Perhaps it's mainly for tourists and one of those things you wouldn't be caught dead doing if you are actually a local, like riding a cable car in San Francisco. All the people I saw interviewed on TV that are there were from other states and even abroad.

Thunderbolt
12-31-2007, 09:58 PM
I said this hours ago, Times Square gets packed early, I don't know what they were thinking.

They were lazy and didn't want to stand around all day. So, instead they blow the whole thing.