PDA

View Full Version : Huck's Army smearing Paul in phone calls to Iowa?

TheIndependent
12-31-2007, 03:42 PM
Funny coincidence. I just finished some phone calls for Huckabee in Iowa, and one guy said he was a Ron Paul fan, and his wife was a Huckabee fan, but said to watch out for the Paulites from Arkansas that were paid by the Ron Paul campaign. Said they were out to create some damage and for Mike to be on the lookout.

This is serious, guys, and supposedly against the Huckabee campaign's 'Positive Campaigning' they gloat about so much. Check out the thread immediately and decide whether this was the caller's view, or the callee's.

h t tp://forum.hucksarmy.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5367&start=0

edit: Move this to General Politics; I got the wrong forum.

Compulsive1
12-31-2007, 03:46 PM
And the provocation tactics begin.....

aravoth
12-31-2007, 03:50 PM
Tell them if they keep that shit up they can kiss edited.

literatim
12-31-2007, 03:51 PM
Why are you even bothering to read that forum?

Jimmy
12-31-2007, 03:53 PM
If they don't take that chit down...kinda makes a statement they want to butt heads

TheIndependent
Why are you even bothering to read that forum?

Just like anyone else should be: opposition research, so we don't get broadsided. I've made salient points about this in plenty of other threads already. Ignorance breeds a lack of foresight.

LibertyEagle
I think you are misinterpreting what was said. It sounds to me like the couple who was called said that, not the Huckabee caller. I think they're talking about the 2 Arkansas state reps who wanted to speak out about Huckabee's record, so the campaign paid their expenses to go there to do so.

In other words, I think you mislabeled this thread.

libertythor
12-31-2007, 03:55 PM
Tell them if they keep that shit up they can kiss edited

Not cool! edited

Cowlesy
12-31-2007, 03:57 PM
Baloney --- Huckabee's people are the kings of real push-polling http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/1207/Apparent_proHuckabee_thirdparty_group_floods_Iowa_ with_negative_calls.html as has already been documented.

I really don't think anyone sees our campaign as a threat, but I wouldn't put it past a few over-zealous Huckabee supporters to impersonate RP phonebankers for a little fun on the side. Sure we have our over-zealous supporters, but so do they.

The media will spin the anti-war folks out to be Ron Paul folks -- it just makes for a better story.

Mark Rushmore
12-31-2007, 03:58 PM
The posts on page one are just rubbish, but I don't see where they are calling to smear Paul? Looks like that one post you quote is the one you must be thinking about - but from that it looks like the Paul supporter who answered the phone gave that 'tip' in response to the pro-Huckabee caller?

LibertyEagle
12-31-2007, 03:59 PM
The posts on page one are just rubbish, but I don't see where they are calling to smear Paul? Looks like that one post you quote is the one you must be thinking about - but from that it looks like the Paul supporter who answered the phone gave that 'tip' in response to the pro-Huckabee caller?

Yup.

kushaze
12-31-2007, 03:59 PM
Tell them if they keep that shit up they can kiss edited

I would be neutral edited

TheIndependent
12-31-2007, 04:00 PM
I clarified due to possible misinterpretation.

LibertyEagle
12-31-2007, 04:01 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=69748

LibertyEagle
12-31-2007, 04:02 PM
I clarified due to possible misinterpretation.

How did you clarify? The thread title is still wrong.

xexkxex
12-31-2007, 04:07 PM
Yes...a misinterpretation.

We don't need anymore knee jerk reactions guys. ;)

PatriotOne
12-31-2007, 04:09 PM
This is serious, guys, and supposedly against the Huckabee campaign's 'Positive Campaigning' they gloat about so much. Check out the thread immediately and decide whether this was the caller's view, or the callee's.

h t tp://forum.hucksarmy.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5367&start=0

edit: Move this to General Politics; I got the wrong forum.

LOL. It's going to get MUCH uglier than that. May I suggest we fight back by trying to get that 20M by midnight?

All you guys who are Meet Up members, I need 5 minutes of your time to send 12 emails each to the Meet Up groups here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=764637&posted=1#post764637

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
12-31-2007, 04:16 PM
I think they switched thread in the database. I see this title...

"MSNBC: Three Arrested at Huck's HQ"

Brennon
12-31-2007, 04:34 PM
I find it funny that someone posed the question:

"Why does both the establishment and the anti-establishment hate huckabee?"

I wonder how long that person has for me to list the reasons.

Original_Intent
12-31-2007, 04:37 PM
I think you are misinterpreting what was said. It sounds to me like the couple who was called said that, not the Huckabee caller. I think they're talking about the 2 Arkansas state reps who wanted to speak out about Huckabee's record, so the campaign paid their expenses to go there to do so.

In other words, I think you mislabeled this thread.

+1

The guy being called is warning the Huck caller about the two guys from Arkansas that worked with Huckabee that Paul paid to come campaign against Huckabee a few weeks ago.