PDA

View Full Version : A Message from the Campaign

LandonCook
12-31-2007, 02:59 PM
I'm from the Ron Paul campaign, and no supporters were arrested today. Only a few anti-war protesters who attacked the huckabee building. They broke in a placed their anti-war banners inside the office and refused to leave. Ron Paul supporters stood in polite protest. I know, I was one of them. I will put up pictures later.

No RP supporters were arrested.

Erazmus
12-31-2007, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the update. Looking forward to the pictures.

libertythor
12-31-2007, 03:02 PM
Good! Ron Paul supporters need to be more carefull about the protests they attend. Find out who is funding the event before jumping in to it.

moostraks
12-31-2007, 03:03 PM
Good to hear...Hopefully that will put this latest to rest!!!

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-31-2007, 03:05 PM
Stay away from those anti-war protestors. We may agree on some issues, but they're not supporting a candidate and have no reason to restrain themselves. They're bad apples and they'll make you guys look just as bad.

constitutional
12-31-2007, 03:07 PM
I hope those bloggers at MSNBC eat their own words and apologize for reporting inaccurately.

jake
12-31-2007, 03:08 PM
Stay away from those anti-war protestors. We may agree on some issues, but they're not supporting a candidate and have no reason to restrain themselves. They're bad apples and they'll make you guys look just as bad.

true, but Ron Paul supporters and Anti-War protesters are bound to be in the same places from time to time, so this was going to happen sooner or later. Good to see the Ron Paul supporters were no involved. Perhaps MSNBC should be bombarded to correct/clarify their news story??

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/12/31/540503.aspx

Grandson of Liberty
12-31-2007, 03:14 PM
I hope those bloggers at MSNBC eat their own words and apologize for reporting inaccurately.

not holding my breath.

free.alive
12-31-2007, 03:18 PM
If you're with the campaign, why would you be protesting at an opponents headquarters? I'm not certain how this could look like a good idea.

Ibtz
12-31-2007, 03:21 PM
Dang hippies!

LandonCook
12-31-2007, 03:38 PM
If you're with the campaign, why would you be protesting at an opponents headquarters? I'm not certain how this could look like a good idea.

Our office is next door to their office. I also spoke with the governor and told him I was from Arkansas. He asked me why I didn't have a Huckabee pin on. I told him it was because he raised taxes in my state higher than anyone ever has.

literatim
12-31-2007, 03:46 PM
LandonCook, might want to get in contact with the news agencies.

yongrel
12-31-2007, 03:55 PM
Our office is next door to their office. I also spoke with the governor and told him I was from Arkansas. He asked me why I didn't have a Huckabee pin on. I told him it was because he raised taxes in my state higher than anyone ever has.

Haha! Owned.

LandonCook
12-31-2007, 04:20 PM
LandonCook, might want to get in contact with the news agencies.

I've done 4 interviews so far today.

Jeremy
12-31-2007, 04:23 PM
Please inform the media of this!

edit: just saw above post. thanks! btw, please read the thread about... anti-mccain phone calls?

Chester Copperpot
12-31-2007, 04:24 PM
Dont be surprised if those Anti_war protestors are really neocon plants trying to make Ron Paul people look bad

Jeremy
12-31-2007, 04:25 PM
Dont be surprised if those Anti_war protestors are really neocon plants trying to make Ron Paul people look bad

Let's not be ridiculous. :confused:

davidhperry
12-31-2007, 04:26 PM

Ha - Go Landon! According to this story on Huffington Post, Huck could be melting down:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2007/12/31/huckabee-melting-attack_n_78955.html

I bet you he wants to run the ads but he can't afford it and he used the media to try to get the negative message out.

literatim
12-31-2007, 04:26 PM

Nah, they are just your typical hippy.

danberkeley
12-31-2007, 04:27 PM
This is from one of the posts at Huckabee's forum concerning the protest at Huckabee's HQ:

"Same here. You can't get more dishonest and obnoxious than militant ron paul supporters."

I find this ironic considering that this is posted by a member of "Huck's Army".

LandonCook
12-31-2007, 04:28 PM
Haha! Owned.

I felt great!

Jeremy
12-31-2007, 04:30 PM
LandonCook, was this person mistaken? http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=69780

If not, I suggest you guys don't bash other people. =) Also, he's right... anti-war is important in NH... idk... any answeres?

earlpyates
12-31-2007, 04:32 PM
FYI the RP office here in Iowa is directly next door to the huckabee office, so when 100 media people show up we all run outside with signs. needless to say, we wont do it again because of the stupid peace protesters.

Jeremy
12-31-2007, 04:33 PM
FYI the RP office here in Iowa is directly next door to the huckabee office, so when 100 media people show up we all run outside with signs. needless to say, we wont do it again because of the stupid peace protesters.

Come on, I think you should still do it! =) Don't let them ruin this.

Liberty Star
12-31-2007, 04:34 PM
I'm from the Ron Paul campaign, and no supporters were arrested today. Only a few anti-war protesters who attacked the huckabee building. They broke in a placed their anti-war banners inside the office and refused to leave. Ron Paul supporters stood in polite protest. I know, I was one of them. I will put up pictures later.

Off topic, but do you know if Ron Paul has confirmed that the "terrorist nations" line in the new immigration ad will stay or it will be changed?

jebba
12-31-2007, 04:34 PM

Don't let them stop you. Of course when the media shows up you should be there. That rules :)

ladyliberty
12-31-2007, 04:41 PM
Ron Paul Supporters do not protest against anything except Big Government!

Brennon
12-31-2007, 04:54 PM
Bumping this to the top since a few threads about this are springing up.

Nihilist23
12-31-2007, 05:12 PM
This is not good. Why were Ron Paul supporters at the same place as these people? Who got there first? The media is already implying that Ron Paul supporters were in league with them. Preemptive action needs to be taken against this kind of thing.

OferNave
12-31-2007, 05:46 PM
I've done 4 interviews so far today.

You rock.

deedles
12-31-2007, 05:49 PM
This is from one of the posts at Huckabee's forum concerning the protest at Huckabee's HQ:

"Same here. You can't get more dishonest and obnoxious than militant ron paul supporters."

I find this ironic considering that this is posted by a member of "Huck's Army".

I'm so close to joining Huckarmy website and maybe suggesting that some people find it incongruent for a minister of the Lord that uses His name at every turn finds it acceptable to torture, bomb and support the death penalty. Some folks actually take a little offense at that hypocritical POV.

Not to mention the comment about someone needing to climb into a hot bath with razor blades.

Not to mention that his kid tortured a dog to death and he helped to hush it up.

Not to mention that he has horns but they're invisible right now...

Okay, that might not be a good idea.

deedles
12-31-2007, 05:51 PM

Just make some signs that say RON PAUL SUPPORTERS DON'T CONDONE VIOLENCE OR VIOLATION OF PERSONAL PROPERTY. Then run right out there!

colecrowe
12-31-2007, 07:19 PM
bump.

Demand a Retraction. Don't let up.

Journalists are supposed to do everything they can to get the facts right, above all. They are supposed to be professionals. They have been failing again and again. And it's not just a few bad apples. It's a culture of sloppiness and print (or post) first, fact-check later.

adpierce
12-31-2007, 07:21 PM
This kind of crap gives the anti-war movement a bad name. Stupid people who would rather get thrown in jail for "their cause" and subsequently get bad publicity. This isn't the 60's those tactics don't work anymore.

Paulbot_9876
12-31-2007, 07:22 PM

how about throwing in the off line donations here....we know you got some....mwaahaahaahaaa

Menthol Patch
12-31-2007, 07:23 PM

I knew that the media would spin the FACTS to try and attack us.

Menthol Patch
12-31-2007, 07:24 PM
Lets SCREW the media for twisting the facts by donating today!

Feelgood
12-31-2007, 07:30 PM

Pay attention! They were in front of the Ron Paul HQ, not Huxterbee's. Look closely at the pic, on the left side, where the Ron Paul sign wavers are, is the entrance to the RP HQ. On the right side is Huxterbee's.

Convert
12-31-2007, 07:33 PM
I'm anti war, but instead of standing in a war monger wannabe's doorway, I joined a revolution. Maybe you should have slipped them a slim jim before the cops hauled them off. :)

Santana28
01-01-2008, 03:48 AM
I'm so close to joining Huckarmy website and maybe suggesting that some people find it incongruent for a minister of the Lord that uses His name at every turn finds it acceptable to torture, bomb and support the death penalty. Some folks actually take a little offense at that hypocritical POV.

Not to mention the comment about someone needing to climb into a hot bath with razor blades.

Not to mention that his kid tortured a dog to death and he helped to hush it up.

Not to mention that he has horns but they're invisible right now...

Okay, that might not be a good idea.

dont bother. they screen everyone and block anyone who might even possibly be a ron paul supporter... before you are ever allowed to post! which is slightly ridiculous seeing as how their man brett likes to come over here and put on a false smile all of the time...

JohnnyWrath
01-01-2008, 04:06 AM
The three are members of a group called Seasons of Discontent: a Presidential Occupation Project, which goes by the acronym SODaPOP. The group said in a statement is was organized by members of the Iowa Occupation Project and the Illinois-based Voices for Creative Nonviolence.

Finally all three were taken away by police. The antiwar group has done the same at the headquarters of Hillary Rodham Clinton and Rudy Giuliani.
xx

source (http://www.sptimes.com/2008/01/01/Worldandnation/Politics_news_from_ar.shtml)

source 2 (http://www.qctimes.com/articles/2008/01/01/ap-state-ia/d8tsq9080.txt)

speciallyblend
01-01-2008, 04:12 AM
what part of ron paul hq is next door ,do people not get?

JohnnyWrath
01-01-2008, 05:31 AM
what part of ron paul hq is next door ,do people not get?

I don't know...some don't understand which is understandable.

Huckabee HQ and Ron Paul HQ are in the same building even, Ron Paul people share a bathroom with Huck people....they are that close....just a wall away.

Dan Klaus
01-01-2008, 05:42 AM
Huckabee HQ and Ron Paul HQ are in the same building even, Ron Paul people share a bathroom with Huck people....they are that close....just a wall away.

Be nice to them...we could use their vote after Huck's meltdown....:D