PDA

View Full Version : Does Ron Paul's official campaign have a liaison for grass roots coordination?

Liberty Star
12-31-2007, 02:17 PM
Does Ron Paul's official campaign have any official who acts as a liaison between official campaign and grass roots efforts?

During this recent ad controversy, a forum member had posted an explanation of ad wording from Ron Paul that the person had got from a relative of Dr. Paul apparently. Clealy this is not the best way to communicate with or address any concerns of grass roots.

If there is no such official, perhaps campaign should hire one to communicate with garssroots through forum annoucement or some other channel. A decentralized RP movement has been a great success so far but on issues like this campaign ad and Fox News debate confusion, a dedicated liason would help save a lot of time and energy for better things.

hueylong
12-31-2007, 02:18 PM
That's the whole point. They can't coordinate under election law.

It'll just get the campaign into trouble.

Huey

Liberty Star
12-31-2007, 02:27 PM
That's the whole point. They can't coordinate under election law.

It'll just get the campaign into trouble.

Huey

Even if there are no financial transcations involved?

Didn't know that. So a campaign can't directly communicate with group of volunteers that don't draw any salary. Interesting laws we have.

Liberty Star
01-04-2008, 12:47 AM
Does anyone know what legal hurdles specifically would stop such coordination?

JoBurke
01-04-2008, 01:05 AM
I asked this awhile ago - but I got my post deleted or "edited" - I am guessing there are some sensative things like the coordinated efforts of the official campaign and the grassroots that are a thorn in the side of the poeple running this board which seems to be a shame to me - at best they should explain to the VERY MOTIVATED grassroots base the current legal obligations and use the "moderator" aspect to get some organization in this whole thing - I mean, keep in mind - this is truly the last chance for America....if we blow this because we could not get thousands of people organized and we were too timid and starstruck to get some feedback from the official campaign - we will be crying with the wolves at how we could have and should have in some FEMA detention center somewhere coordinated efforts and pull out all of the stops to get our freedoms back, remembering, "the signs were there, but we didnt have the guts to organize - damn it was nice having rights back then"

I really hope that we (including the official campaign) are doing our very best. we really do need him to be president and start weeding out the bad apples (and there are about 2/3 bad apples in the barrel so it really truly is the last chance for us.)
><

austin4paul
01-04-2008, 01:41 AM
This just seems ridiculous to me. How do the other campaigns do it? Those aren't all paid staffers in there at phone banks for other candidates. Somehow the parties appear to be operating well-oiled political machines to pump out voters and we have new and inexperienced (and doing great in spite of that, by the way) grassroots chaos. It's fun, but seems inefficient at times.

They coordinated with the Students for Ron Paul deal, right? So I think clearly they can organize us as long as it's not on project that we contribute to financially.

Anyone have any answers for us ?????????.

Ronin
01-04-2008, 01:55 AM
I'd like to hear an answer. I think it's becoming apparent it is needed. I just opened a poll to address this...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=74550