PDA

View Full Version : What Will Happen in the Next Debate?

DavyDuke17
05-20-2007, 07:08 PM
Obviously Ron Paul is not going to back down on his views that blowback was a cause of the world trade center attacks, and Giuliani knows that he cannot do the same thing as last time or Paul will throw it back into his face by citing the 9/11 commission report.

So what do you think will happen next debate on June 5th? Will another candidate try to confront Paul on this subject when it comes up?

Personally I bet that Giuliani, McCain, and Romney will not say anything this time, because it is to much of a risk for the top candidates. Instead they will stay silent and one of the second tier candidates will try to use it to get the crowd on his side like Giuliani did at the previous debate. However, this time Paul will be more than prepared and this time will really be able to open peoples minds and make whoever confronts him look like a fool.

Hopefully all of the candidates have to respond to this issue, and have to really answer Paul's suggestion rather than just calling it "absurd". How awesome will it be if they had a question like this, "The 9/11 commission report has suggested that one of the motives behind the world trade center attacks was our bombing and sanctions against Iraq, stationing of soldiers in Saudi Arabia, and our intervention in the Isreal-Palestine conflict. Yes or no, do you believe in the 9/11 commission report suggestion that our intervention in the Middle East was a cause of the 9/11 attacks?" .. and every candidate down the line had to answer it shortly. We should all email CNN and whoever is in charge and ask that this question be asked, after all it was the big topic from the last debate.

Jeff556
05-20-2007, 07:15 PM
I think the top tier has learned that there is nothing to gain by attacking Ron Paul. Sure Rudy had his little momment but it was only a good moment for people who already supported him and it helped Ron Paul more then it hurt him.

llamabread
05-20-2007, 07:17 PM
I don't think that any of the major candidates will even touch the issue. But, I think some of the 2nd tier guys might try to pull something like what Ron Paul did or Guliani, just to get the amount of press those two got after their incident. Hopefully this debate will allow Dr. Paul to express his views on the economy and immigration, which I think are two strong points for him. But however it turns out, I think that this debate will be his best one yet.

tnvoter
05-20-2007, 07:20 PM
i bet you anything his opponents are praying they don't ask him anything at all Lol -- i dare them to ask him anything on immigration and the economy, or liberty at that.

Phil M
05-20-2007, 07:25 PM
Worst Case Scenario: Paul goes on the offensive against Rudy, Rudy gets a chance to respond, then uses a prepared soundbite, gets tons of applause, Paul responds with a calm rational response, but no one cares.
Best Case Scenario: Paul goes on the offensive against Rudy, Rudy is caught off guard because he still thinks that he beat Ron last week and that he can handle anything, stumbles in his speech, Paul comes off looking great.

Whatever happens, I think that it will mean more media attention and coverage. What really will matter is if Ron can come off sounding polished and correct to the average viewer, because this will be the last debate for a while.

MsDoodahs
05-20-2007, 07:25 PM
They can't touch him on foreign policy and they know it. Most americans AGREE with Dr. Paul on Iraq. Attacking him on that subject has driven up his poll numbers. They'd be insane fools to keep hammering that topic.

They'll take aim at him from some other side.

Abortion won't work.

My guess - they'll try to go against him on personal liberty.

I'm not sure how effective it will be.

Gee
05-20-2007, 07:33 PM
My guess is they'll go back to ignoring him. They know he probably won't ever get enough name recognition to be a factor.

Captain Shays
05-20-2007, 07:35 PM
they might try to attack him on marijuana and other drugs.They might try to attak him on 911 truth.
I do believe they will try to blind side him some how.

NO WAY do they let their prize horses get into it with him where his strengths are and chance being damaged in future fights.

aravoth
05-20-2007, 07:39 PM
He's a friggan doctor, meaning : he has integral knowlage of the healthcare system, he knows what it is like in the trenches. You can't beat him on healthcare.

He served on the gold commission, and the house comittiee on financial services, he knows the economy better than anyone else, since he's had to deal with the fed directly. You can't beat him on the economy.

He served on the house committee on foreign affairs, and obviously rudy's comment backfired. You can't beat him on foreign policy.

He voted against the patriot act, and the military commissions act, and the Iraq war. You can't beat him on domestic privacy.

He probably knows the tax code better than anyone else. Can't beat him there.

He think the federal government has no business being involved with abortion issues. Leaving it up to the states. That could be a mixed bag, but it would garner the moderates.

Honestly I dunno what they could do to him. The war stance was all the ammo they had it seems. Since the blew up in thier faces, I dunno what they could throw at him.

surf
05-20-2007, 07:48 PM
i predict: Rudy apologizes, takes back his call for a national id card, and and reverses field on "enhanced interrogation techniques."

McCain clarifies his comments on "the gates of hell," by saying, "well, actually i'd shoot him with a ray-gun before we got there."

Romney shows up with 2-day shadow, his hair is a bit grayer, and he forgets his cufflinks. Calls for closing Guantanamo.

qednick
05-20-2007, 07:52 PM
I think Giuliani, McCain and Romney will suddenly announce they're now pro-life libertarians. :rolleyes:

angelatc
05-20-2007, 07:58 PM
I think it might be simple to derail Ron Paul a little, but I'm not going to post my thoughts about it, that's for sure!

I am just hoping that he actually gets invited to the nexr debate. I really think that the second tier candidates should be working together to be sure that nobody gets eliminated this early in the game.

alastar
05-20-2007, 08:23 PM
I think that the debate will go fine for Dr. Paul. The biggest thing I'm worried about is his words getting twisted. It served to really help his popularity this time around, but next time the distinction between what he actually said and what was put into his mouth might not be so stark. And that could potentially hurt him, if we assume everyone has a = small attention span. On the other hand, if it is very stark, Ron Paul is just going to get another boom of popularity, one that can't possibly be ignored by the mainstream media. And that he needs to win the election.

Rudy won't apologize. The only thing he has going for him in the republican party IS the war on terror. He's being positioned as "America's Mayor", even though he endangered the health of a lot of people by having people go back to work only days after the attack. If he backs down on that, then he's a weak candidate, moreso that Romney (who flip flops) or McCain (who also flip flops). Either way, Ron Paul's claimed a victory over Rudy. He needs to tag the other two candidates and keep on pounding Rudy.

Cunningham
05-20-2007, 08:41 PM
I think the CNN debate is going to be the best of the bunch.

He'll have two weeks to hear all the arguements being made against him. He's already fine tuned his arguement against Rudy. It's going to be a really fun thing to watch.

He's forcing his opponents to basically run against Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, and the Constitution. It's gotta being giving the campaign managers for the other guys fits. It will be in the fall for sure.

I think you can really tell in the last debate and the recent interviews that Rep. Paul is really starting to believe that he can make this happen. He's more forceful in his message and delivery. I think he's really feeding off all the support and work people have been doing on the internet.

I'm hoping he gets a chance to put Rudy on the defensive. I'm also hoping he can bring up the North American Union, Immigration, and National ID cards. The recent Amnesty Bill has got people fired up.

Phil M
05-20-2007, 08:48 PM
The best part about this debate is that Ron will be very confident. In the past two ones, his message was great as usual, but you could tell he was nervous, twiddling with his pen and the like. But after stuff like yesterday's fundraiser, he's going to go in with the knowledge that a more people are with him than ever before. That and having Wolf Blitzer as moderator will make this the best debate so far.

Minuteman2008
05-20-2007, 08:50 PM
They can't touch him on foreign policy and they know it. Most americans AGREE with Dr. Paul on Iraq. Attacking him on that subject has driven up his poll numbers. They'd be insane fools to keep hammering that topic.

They'll take aim at him from some other side.

Abortion won't work.

My guess - they'll try to go against him on personal liberty.

I'm not sure how effective it will be.

The only thing they can attack him on is his stance on Iraq. Period. On every issue he is at least as conservative, or more so, than every candidate up on that stage. McCain and Giuliani have some major weaknesses outside of the Iraq debate; Paul has none.

alastar
05-20-2007, 08:51 PM
Yeah, that's true. I forgot about that whole self-confidence factor. The man has the message, so all he needs is the will to make a miracle or two.

Seth M.
05-20-2007, 08:56 PM
All asked about immigration
of course we know Congressman Pauls answer

But the others will try to incorporate a make everyone happy type of answer.. work with dems etc... keep it two party and make Ron look wacko hopefully he wont be the first one asked.. lol McCain will take the focal beam "hot seat" Paul could sever once and for all McCain right there and Giuliani also. The party is hoping to get Romney some points here.

Taxes has to come up... specific answers related to fuel consumption will be the party line... ie cut fuel cut taxes etc...

Environment. questions toward an Gore joke from someone.. no answers from anyone other than Ron Paul again making him look needy wanting it to bad.

Overall their only ammo is to emotionally manipulate the American people. So look for those type of responses, reactionary only on an internal way. And with media followup they will hope to hit home how "different" Paul is for not answering the same way.

here is a little of my clairvoyant abilities lol

cruzin
05-20-2007, 09:14 PM
New to the forum but long on Ron Paul. I think that we need to email and call cnn long before the 5th and right up to the 5th. To make sure that Ron gets his share of the questions. It seems that he did not get as much air time as the others.

NMCB3
05-20-2007, 09:14 PM
They`re going to nail him on his economic plans, I`ve already heard rumblings from the neocons. They say his policy's for sound money are crazy and will tank the economy. Be prepared.

Bryan
05-20-2007, 09:35 PM
He's forcing his opponents to basically run against Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, and the Constitution.
LOL! Oh my, that is the way to frame it. There has to be a slogan in this somewhere...

kylejack
05-20-2007, 09:40 PM
LOL! Oh my, that is the way to frame it. There has to be a slogan in this somewhere...

GIVE ME RON PAUL OR GIVE ME DEATH!

dam4freedom
05-20-2007, 09:54 PM
THIS SEARCH THIS DOCUMENT THIS CR ISSUE GO TO
Next Hit Forward Next Document New CR Search
Prev Hit Back Prev Document HomePage
Hit List Best Sections Daily Digest Help
Contents Display

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Congressional Record article 40 of 74 Printer Friendly Display - 2,793 bytes.[Help]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INTRODUCTION OF THE LIBERTY AMENDMENT -- (Extensions of Remarks - February 07, 2007)

[Page: E287] GPO's PDF
---SPEECH OF
HON. RON PAUL
OF TEXAS
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 7, 2007
Mr. PAUL. Madam Speaker, I am pleased to introduce the Liberty Amendment, which repeals the 16th Amendment, thus paving the way for real change in the way government collects and spends the people's hard-earned money. The Liberty Amendment also explicitly forbids the federal government from performing any action not explicitly authorized by the United States Constitution.
The 16th Amendment gives the federal government a direct claim on the lives of American citizens by enabling Congress to levy a direct income tax on individuals. Until the passage of the 16th amendment, the Supreme Court had consistently held that Congress had no power to impose an income tax.
Income taxes are responsible for the transformation of the federal government from one of limited powers into a vast leviathan whose tentacles reach into almost every aspect of American life. Thanks to the income tax, today the federal government routinely invades our privacy, and penalizes our every endeavor.
The Founding Fathers realized that ``the power to tax is the power to destroy,'' which is why they did not give the federal government the power to impose an income tax. Needless to say, the Founders would be horrified to know that Americans today give more than a third of their income to the federal government.
Income taxes not only diminish liberty, they retard economic growth by discouraging work and production. Our current tax system also forces Americans to waste valuable time and money on complacence with an ever-more complex tax code. The increased interest in flat-tax and national sales tax proposals, as well as the increasing number of small businesses that questioning the Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) ``withholding'' system provides further proof that America is tired of the labyrinthine tax code. Americans are also increasingly fed up with an IRS that continues to ride roughshod over their civil liberties, despite recent ``pro-taxpayer'' reforms.
Madam Speaker, America survived and prospered for 140 years without an income tax, and with a federal government that generally adhered to strictly constitutional functions, operating with modest excise revenues. The income tax opened the door to the era (and errors) of Big Government. I hope my colleagues will help close that door by cosponsoring the Liberty Amendment.

THIS SEARCH THIS DOCUMENT THIS CR ISSUE GO TO
Next Hit Forward Next Document New CR Search
Prev Hit Back Prev Document HomePage
Hit List Best Sections Daily Digest Help

Sir VotesALot
05-20-2007, 10:03 PM
One thing's for sure he's going to be asked why he's running.

Therion
05-20-2007, 10:10 PM
They`re going to nail him on his economic plans, I`ve already heard rumblings from the neocons. They say his policy's for sound money are crazy and will tank the economy. Be prepared.

RP has written entire books on the gold standard. I'm confident that he'll once again give the best answers of the night.

Kandilynn
05-20-2007, 10:35 PM
I want to hear more questions aimed at him about illegal immigration. They say that Tancredo's stance is the toughest in the Republican candidates on immigration, but I've been searching his site all night and I cannot see anything that is anywhere near the stance of Ron Paul's.

kylejack
05-20-2007, 10:37 PM
RP has written entire books on the gold standard. I'm confident that he'll once again give the best answers of the night.

I have no doubt that he could persuade people given enough time, but its tough to make complicated points in 30 seconds. Witness the dustup with Rudy.

Original_Intent
05-20-2007, 10:45 PM
Wouldn't an easy response be - "and the alternative is to keep printing money out of thin air and pass trillions of dollars of debt on to our children and grandchildren?"

kelldor
05-20-2007, 10:54 PM
The next debate is hosted by CNN. Wolf Blitzer the other day, and the guy that interviewed Ron Paul today on CNN both spun questions with a negative connotation regarding non-interventionism. The CNN debate questioner is Wolf Blitzer I believe. Therefore, we can expect more of the same attack dog style garbage we saw last week.

1 key factor in Ron Paul's favor is that it is being held in New Hampshire. Ron Paul is HUGE there! I bet we finally see an instance where the crowd cheers for Ron Paul instead of Rudy Giuliani. His campaign contributions from NH blow away all other candidates by 3 TIMES, except maybe Mitt Romney.

My prediction is that CNN will try and be bunk in their questions to Ron Paul, Ron Paul will smoke Wolf Blitzer, other Republicans will attack Ron Paul, which will give him even more fame, and the crowd shows that they are not going to buy any more of the Neo-Con brown shirt garbage, resulting in a huge victory for Ron Paul.

Kelldor

Korey Kaczynski
05-20-2007, 10:58 PM
My prediction is that it will be the best debate of the three. I suspect he might even attack Giuliani and possibly destroy him.

greenamp
05-20-2007, 11:23 PM
If Giuliani decides to go on his little tirade again about Paul's 9/11 policy, Paul simply need ask him how he could know so little about 9/11 if he made upwards of 50 millions dollars in consulting fees on the subject?

aravoth
05-20-2007, 11:29 PM
If Giuliani decides to go on his little tirade again about Paul's 9/11 policy, Paul simply need ask him how he could know so little about 9/11 if he made upwards of 50 millions dollars in consulting fees on the subject?

yeah that would do it.

lbadragan
05-20-2007, 11:40 PM
If they're smart, they'll ignore Ron Paul. Not out of strategy but out of fear they'll be made to look like fools.

I personally hope one of them pulls another Giuliani and goes after Ron Paul. What happened in the last debate was the perfect scenario. I can't wait to see what happens in this one.

Here's what may happen for entertainment:

1. Giuliani will place himself in or close to one of the towers and emotionally explain how he felt while repeating "9/11" over and over.

2. McCain will try to explain how he's strong on national security yet against closing the borders through which Al Qaida members are reportedly entering the U.S. After his answer he'll laugh nervously and maybe re-repeat a joke.

3. Romney will pledge to quadriple Guantanamo. Then flex his biceps.

4. Ron Paul will ask Giuliani to go on the record whether he's read the 9/11 Commission Report, and then challenge Giuliani to tell us what the Comission said the terrorists' motivation for attacking us was.

Sir VotesALot
05-21-2007, 01:04 AM
haHA

Sir VotesALot
05-21-2007, 01:06 AM
a few predictions:

1. Rudy Giuliani will show up in dark sunglasses to obscure the black eye he was given by a firefighter a few hours before taping.

2. Mitt Romney will continue to immerse himself in the role of "leader" and regret the fact that 9/11 happened in New York and not Boston.

3. John McCain will burst into tears and confess to something that no one in the audience can translate.

4. Wolf Blitzer will ask tough, "hard-hitting" questions via satellite from his space station in Washington.

5. Ron Paul will light up our hearts. :)

GreyBlood
05-21-2007, 02:37 AM
The next debate? you consider the first two debates? if it wasn't for the wide angle shots and Ron Paul, I would figure that each guy went onstage to to a podeum then the moderator askes questions and then in editing they stich all the video together and make it look like they were all onstage at once. y'see, the way it happens now is that the moderator askes a canned question and the neo-con gives a canned neo-con answer. everyone is so stupid from gov't run skool that they can't see an intelligent answer when they hear one. that and there so used to the usual answer that when ron paul comes around and tears that fabric of thought, their brain breaks. If the candidates actually had to debate, the people would relize that they are all full of shit. carefully choosen questions, and carefully choosen answers to create the illusion of debate. People just aren't ready for the radical, in-your-face well thought out answers that Ron has. they are just used to the "Test audience tested, brainwashed approved" Politics of todays modern world.

coplinger
05-21-2007, 06:46 AM
One aspect of foreign policy, and reason that we are hated in the middle east, that Ron Paul has not mentioned in the debates or recent interviews is our relationship with Israel. I'm sure he has left this out of the argument for good reason: the 'Israel Lobby' & its supporters in the media are very well organized & immediately jump into action whenever Israel's policies or America's relationship with Israel are questioned. We've seen this happen most recently with Jimmy Carter.

I'd be willing to bet that Ron Paul will be asked directly about Israel in this next debate & the accusations of anti-semitism will be flying immediately after.

Captain Shays
05-21-2007, 06:59 AM
Let's be honest and really try to figure out Ron's weak spots. But I don't want us to think of them because we don't think he has any. I want to think like a globalist and a militiarist and a corporatist and a freedom robbing authoritarian like the rest of the crowd.
RP is considered quite radical by the authoritarians because of his position on marijuana and other drugs. Come on! He's a libertarian who thinks the governemnt should have no authority to tell us what to put in our own bodies.
He's right as far as we're concerned but if they try to exploit this in a public forum/debate where he has only 10 seconds to express himself it could kill him in the eyes of a lot of Christians, Jews, Moslims and cops along with others.

In my opinion it could also backfire on them since most Americans living have tried marijuana and know that its less harmfull than alcohol and the time might be right to elect someone with common sense relative to the "war on (some) drugs". He could shine or it could kill him.

Minuteman2008
05-21-2007, 07:15 AM
I want to hear more questions aimed at him about illegal immigration. They say that Tancredo's stance is the toughest in the Republican candidates on immigration, but I've been searching his site all night and I cannot see anything that is anywhere near the stance of Ron Paul's.

Go to www.numberusa.com and look at both Tancredo and Paul. You can find every bill they sponsored and voted on. Tancredo gets an A rating while Paul gets an A-. They're two of the best in this area (along with Duncan Hunter).

Tancredo is just more known for it because of his book In Mortal Danger which is an honest discussion of the dangers of what he calls the cult of multiculturalism as well as massive illegal immigration.

joeu
05-21-2007, 07:29 AM
One aspect of foreign policy, and reason that we are hated in the middle east, that Ron Paul has not mentioned in the debates or recent interviews is our relationship with Israel. I'm sure he has left this out of the argument for good reason: the 'Israel Lobby' & its supporters in the media are very well organized & immediately jump into action whenever Israel's policies or America's relationship with Israel are questioned. We've seen this happen most recently with Jimmy Carter.

I'd be willing to bet that Ron Paul will be asked directly about Israel in this next debate & the accusations of anti-semitism will be flying immediately after.

Yes, I agree....Which is probably where much of Giuliani support is coming from...
BTW: The Boston Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Group is organizing to get supporters to Manchester.......Pass the word!

joeu
05-21-2007, 07:40 AM
Paul, Tancredo and Hunter are all spot on regarding immigration but only Paul has proposed anything near reality on foreign policy.

Paul has also taken a direct and psotive stand for fathers and family by voting against the Violence Against Women's Act (VAWA), a most virulent and discriminatory anti-male law.

On May 1, 2002 the House of Representatives voted to support VAWA (H.R. 2215).
The vote was 416 in favor and 3 against. Ron Paul voted against VAWA.
No other presidential candidate, including Tancredo and Hunter, can claim that honor

Minuteman2008
05-21-2007, 07:43 AM
Paul, Tancredo and Hunter are all spot on regarding immigration but only Paul has proposed anything near reality on foreign policy.

Paul has also taken a direct and psotive stand for fathers and family by voting against the Violence Against Women's Act (VAWA), a most virulent and discriminatory anti-male law.

On May 1, 2002 the House of Representatives voted to support VAWA (H.R. 2215).
The vote was 416 in favor and 3 against. Ron Paul voted against VAWA.
No other presidential candidate, including Tancredo and Hunter, can claim that honor

My respect just continues to grow for Ron Paul. Thanks for pointing that out.

You're right about foreign policy for sure. Duncan Hunter keeps pushing more of the same and supports Bush's "surge". To his credit though, he does have a son who served in Iraq, and he's a former Marine himself. Tancredo has opposed the surge and has said some vague things about disengaging from Iraq, but that's about it.

MsDoodahs
05-21-2007, 07:45 AM
Agreed on the Israel issue, also agree on the drug issue.

I think both represent areas where Dr. Paul may lose SOME support.

At the same time, I think both are areas where he may GAIN support as well.

Double edged swords, both of them.

ButchHowdy
05-21-2007, 09:59 AM
roughˇshod (rŭf'shŏd') pronunciation
adj.

1. Shod with horseshoes having projecting nails or points to prevent slipping.
2. Marked by brutal force: Stalin's roughshod treatment of the kulaks.

idiom:

ride roughshod over

1. To treat with brutal force: a manager who rode roughshod over all opposition.

romelll
05-21-2007, 10:27 AM
What I am getting from both parties is a "fear tactic". The line "everything changed after 911" line can be countered by " I was not aware that the Constitution changed!" Or a positive the only thing we have to fear is fear itself.

I agree that they will try to blindside him like a Sean Hannity type of question"You don't think we have a moral obligation to stop... int heworld?"

They will also use the What would you do with N.Korea, Iran nukes. Maybe even try to ask some obsurd question like "Who is the leader of (insert some small country in the middle..)

One thing I noticied is that Dr. Paul is a gentleman and tends to stumble when someone is rude. Thats were they will try to catch him off guard. Say an interruption ala Rudy then someone else will ask a quick Yes/No question.

Goss, I would say I don't trust the party establishment. But, they are not squeaky clean.

And I am not as eloquent as Dr. Paul.

Bossobass
05-21-2007, 11:16 AM
The Monetary System is a somewhat complex subject that causes people's eyes to cross when it's addressed. This is mostly because Americans aren't taught anything about it.

What I generally say is this:

The Dollar Congress handed over to the Federal Reserve in 1913 is now worth only 4 Cents. Raise your hand if you would trade every Dollar you own for 25 new ones.

My opinion is that the single most important thing that could happen in New Hampshire is if it RAINS Ron Paul Supporters.

We traveled to the SC debate, and I was very impressed with the thousands of Fair Tax demonstrators who were very organized and it all made for an impressive display of support for their agenda.

We also got to meet Congressman Paul, his lovely and most gracious wife as well as The Mighty Kent Snyder:D This is worth the trip in itself.

I think it would lift a huge weight off the Campaign to have a HUGE show of support in numbers, which would put the spamming/viral marketing accusations to rest, as well as show Americans who don't know Ron what they're missing.

Bosso

bill65
05-21-2007, 12:03 PM
The Monetary System is a somewhat complex subject that causes people's eyes to cross when it's addressed. This is mostly because Americans aren't taught anything about it.

What I generally say is this:

The Dollar Congress handed over to the Federal Reserve in 1913 is now worth only 4 Cents. Raise your hand if you would trade every Dollar you own for 25 new ones.

My opinion is that the single most important thing that could happen in New Hampshire is if it RAINS Ron Paul Supporters.

We traveled to the SC debate, and I was very impressed with the thousands of Fair Tax demonstrators who were very organized and it all made for an impressive display of support for their agenda.

We also got to meet Congressman Paul, his lovely and most gracious wife as well as The Mighty Kent Snyder:D This is worth the trip in itself.

I think it would lift a huge weight off the Campaign to have a HUGE show of support in numbers, which would put the spamming/viral marketing accusations to rest, as well as show Americans who don't know Ron what they're missing.

Bosso

I agree with your comment that the American people have little understanding of the monetary system which is fundamental to the sentiments being expressed today.
Hopefully you can pass the links(money masters (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=744)) to as many supporters as possible.

Captain Shays
05-22-2007, 10:43 AM
I see it now. They're going after any hint of a conspiracy theory. Ther'll try to connect him with the 911 truth movement and claim that RP belives 911 was not only our fault, but that Bush or neocons or the new world order scum had something to do with it. H'e have to waist time answering stupid questions.

amonasro
05-24-2007, 12:15 PM
I see it now. They're going after any hint of a conspiracy theory. Ther'll try to connect him with the 911 truth movement and claim that RP belives 911 was not only our fault, but that Bush or neocons or the new world order scum had something to do with it. H'e have to waist time answering stupid questions.

Unfortunately this may happen, hopefully Ron has answers prepared for a number of situations and can answer it quickly and move on to the pressing issues. CNN is probably in their war room now, figuring out their plan of attack. Just like last time, they'll pull something unexpected and completely absurd. And he'll probably get 2 idiotic questions to answer, but I'm hoping in light of recent press coverage they'll feel pressured to give him more than last time.

OR it could go the other way and they'll completely ignore him seeing how their last trick backfired.

The thing we know is that Rudy will have about 20 minutes of talk time, woohoo, can't wait to listen to that while waiting for Ron's 30 seconds. :mad:

NewEnd
05-24-2007, 12:54 PM
Israel & Iran - they will try to hit him there. I think he may be able to counter

Drug war - I hope they try. Honestly, America is ready to end it, especially marijuana. It would boost Paul even further. And here is the thing, Paul only needs about 30% of the (R) vote... because this is McCain's last shot at the presidency, and he wont leave til the bitter end, Guiliani is backed so strongly that he will always be a contender, and Mitt romney, IMHO, is the strongest candidate.

Environment - they may try to hit him there, because everyone else is starting to hop on board the consensus views.

Anything else, and he'll outconservatice the conservatives.

I hope he is wisely studying his opponents positions right now, and not focusing all his effort on Giuliani. Really, Giuliani is easy to beat up on. You can hit him from keeping the HQ in the WTC, to all the money his consulting firm makes with Fox and Saudi Arabia, to his lawsuit against gun companies for gun related deaths in NYC. The guy isn't conservative at all.

Rudy may try to pull teh old "Iraq had nothing to do with 9-11" confusion tactic. Man, that is really slick, and typical neocon shit. They try to muddle and confuse the public. Saddam Hussein had nothing to do with Iraq, but our foreign policies in Iraq had plenty to do with 9-11.

slantedview
05-24-2007, 12:55 PM
I am not completely convinved that Wolf will throw many, if any, ridiculous questions at Ron Paul. Am I wrong in thinking this? There was a HUGE contrast between the type of interview Wolf gave Ron on CNN and the ridiculous interview with Ron on Hannity & Colmes. Although Wolf asked Ron some questions that seemed wasteful, I think these are the sort of questions that any "lower level" or "spoiler" candidate would be asked, which to most people, Ron is at this point given his numbers in the big polls.

This doesn't consider the fact that he's being left out of many big polls while other lower candidates and even some NON candidates are being included...

MsDoodahs
05-24-2007, 01:02 PM
I truly believe that the mainsleaze media is going to do everything they can to try and get RP out of the race, and that includes Wolf and CNN.

I do not think Dr. Paul is vulnerable on foreign policy.

They're going to try and find something else.

He's not a "usual" candidate with a long DOCUMENTED history of flipping and flopping.

So it may be difficult to find something.

If that's the case, they'll ignore him.

NewEnd
05-24-2007, 01:06 PM
If they challenge his conservatism, it gives him carte blanche to lay into Giuliani, while touting his own conservatism... and he can do that in 30 seconds.

NMCB3
05-24-2007, 01:13 PM
They might ask him about legalizing drugs. They would try to make him out as a nut on that issue. This is a Republican primary after all. Even though the drug war is a total disaster and has done more harm than good. He will have some good answers, but I`m not sure how it would play out with the Republican base.