PDA

View Full Version : This is confusing!

Dr.3D
12-31-2007, 01:01 PM
I'm a bit confused!

When this all started, it said right on their site, 12 million to win all those states. Now with more than 19 million, they seem to think they can change the original intent and spend like it is easy to get that kind of money.

If they can't budget better than they have been, then I begin to wonder what is going to happen even if they did have another 23 million. Would they then say, we need another 50 million?

See the original widget.

http://urbanlife.net/ronpaul/meter.jpg

Exponent
12-31-2007, 01:05 PM
When they said "$12 million to win", they didn't mean that they could guarantee a win with $12 million; they were saying that it would be essentially impossible to win with anything less than $12 million. On seeing that they were able to get $19 million, though, they recognized that support has been growing, and it may in fact be possible to raise even more, and more $ will help increase their chance to win. $12 million was never meant to be construed as all that was necessary.

Honestly, you sound like you're trying to purposely misinterpret their fundraising goals.

JohnCrabtree
12-31-2007, 01:06 PM
I think the $23 million is for a win on Super Tuesday.

Dr.3D
12-31-2007, 01:12 PM
When they said "$12 million to win", they didn't mean that they could guarantee a win with $12 million; they were saying that it would be essentially impossible to win with anything less than $12 million. On seeing that they were able to get $19 million, though, they recognized that support has been growing, and it may in fact be possible to raise even more, and more $ will help increase their chance to win. $12 million was never meant to be construed as all that was necessary.

Honestly, you sound like you're trying to purposely misinterpret their fundraising goals.

It just seems, they thought they might get 12 million and be able to do something with it. Now with getting more than 19 million, they have adjusted their goal a bit higher. Sure they can spend it any way they want to, but I just hope they can get the extra money they are looking for or they will run out before they are even through the first five states.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
12-31-2007, 02:08 PM
If we all thought $12 million was enough, we would have stopped donating. We know it's not enough.

Many of us were also delusional regarding the media's reasons for ignoring Paul. I was on the fence about that at one time. Not anymore. The last money bomb that broke all records proved it. They're going to have to fight. They're going to fight, and I don't think they'll win.

Dr.3D
12-31-2007, 02:15 PM
If we all thought $12 million was enough, we would have stopped donating. We know it's not enough.

Many of us were also delusional regarding the media's reasons for ignoring Paul. I was on the fence about that at one time. Not anymore. The last money bomb that broke all records proved it. They're going to have to fight. They're going to fight, and I don't think they'll win.

What I was pointing out was the idea 12 million was enough to win the five states shown on the original widget. What I didn't expect was they would say they needed more money to win the other three states after they had the 12 million.

HOLLYWOOD
12-31-2007, 02:15 PM
Huckabee only has a couple of milllion...wtf?

I presume RP's additional money is Payola for the MSM then?

Wendi
12-31-2007, 03:17 PM
I, for one, am glad to see that they are making the best possible use with the money that we have sent. I'd hate to see them use only $12 million when the other candidates are spending three times as much, if we've given them far more to work with.

Thomas Paine
12-31-2007, 03:49 PM
Unfortunately, I think it will take at least an additional $23 Million to be competitive for Super Tuesday. Do a google search for Super Tuesday and you will see that a lot of states are holding primaries on that day. So...be prepared to contribute what you can to the Ron Paul Resistance.

dontdrinkthewater
12-31-2007, 04:06 PM
dr. 3d

it confused me also until i saw under the 12 million to win it says ( in new hampshire,iowa,michigan,south carolina and nevada ) at lest thats how i personally take it. 12 million to win these states.