PDA

View Full Version : Ron losing ground in AOL poll

JojobaJunebug
12-31-2007, 11:39 AM
I don't know if this is a coincidence but the decline seems to have started after someone posted a way to beat the single vote restriction. In any case if you know folks who haven't voted there yet, get them to the polls! Especially in the southeast.

ExpatinArgentina
12-31-2007, 11:41 AM
Can you please post a link?

JojobaJunebug
12-31-2007, 11:56 AM
I've been getting there from the link near the top of ronpaulforpresident.com. This is where I get to but I've already voted so don't know if that's exactly the same place you need to go if you haven't yet voted.

http://news.aol.com/political-machine/2007/12/21/straw-poll-dec-21-jan-4/

rockwell
12-31-2007, 12:01 PM
I notice we traded Mass for Utah with Romster.

literatim
12-31-2007, 12:01 PM
Mike Huckabee supporters are admitting on their forum to spamming the poll.

ItsTime
12-31-2007, 12:02 PM
is there a way to look at the totals without voting?

JenHarris
12-31-2007, 12:02 PM
Pretty funny that it's Huckabee gaining ground...and they call us spammers...spamming is the same as fibbing so Huckabee supporters should never do it because they and their candidate are Christians...right?

Btw I'm not talking to RP supporters I'm talking to all the Huckabee insurgents who come over here to steal our ideas and taunt us with their superior moral values while calling us Nazi's on their board where we can't reply.

I also want to note that I have nothing against any religion I just have a prob with people who profess so avidly to be a follower of a faith and then don't even attempt to follow the rules of that faith :)

Paulbot_9876
12-31-2007, 12:06 PM
yes,they have been spamming the polls...and have said so on their forums....didn't britt say they ban people or delete their posts for doing sh!@ like that????? but like huck him self...they are hypocrites....

purepaloma
12-31-2007, 12:07 PM
I don't think a few percent swing is going to affect anything related to the actual election.

Fact is we are clearly #1 in this poll so lets move on.

Lets focus on other things IMO.

rpfan2008
12-31-2007, 12:08 PM
I don't know if this is a coincidence but the decline seems to have started after someone posted a way to beat the single vote restriction. In any case if you know folks who haven't voted there yet, get them to the polls! Especially in the southeast.

aol cookie + dial up

Jeremy
12-31-2007, 12:08 PM
is there a way to look at the totals without voting?

I aren't going to vote for RP? :(

rooteroa
12-31-2007, 12:10 PM
i just think it's funny we're outraged on this forum over spamming when a lot of people on here have been doing just that.

Paulbot_9876
12-31-2007, 12:11 PM
how many members do they have????1160....yep,their online support is strong......well subtract about 10 of my banned names there....1150...half his supporters are rp spies.....
so he might have 100 members on that board...maybe.....mwaahaahaahaaa.....
but you only got like a handful...maybe ,that actually post on that board....ok more like 7..mwaahaahaahaa

loupeznik
12-31-2007, 12:12 PM
I just voted there and its said: "You voted for: Undefined"

Paulbot_9876
12-31-2007, 12:12 PM
i just think it's funny we're outraged on this forum over spamming when a lot of people on here have been doing just that.

wheres your proof??????

Jeremy
12-31-2007, 12:14 PM
I just voted there and its said: "You voted for: Undefined"

It has problems all the time... typical AOL

literatim
12-31-2007, 12:15 PM

I am sure that with such an accusation, you have proof?

JojobaJunebug
12-31-2007, 12:20 PM
How about clipping some of those comments and posting them on the AOL discussion?

JenHarris
12-31-2007, 01:36 PM

I have never spammed anything, BUT yes, I'm outraged. I'm not outraged because they are spamming, but because they call us spammers and cheaters and act as if they are better people only to turn around and do exactly what they accuse us of doing.

I could care less about the AOL poll or any other online poll tbh. The real place we need to win now is our real communities not our online ones.

Jobarra
12-31-2007, 01:39 PM
I do find it strange that I went there this morning and found that there were 2 southern states for Huck. Just 10 minutes later he had 3 more, all in a row. I also find it strange that Alabama has 8,000+ votes and keeps flipping between Huck and Ron. Every morning it seems to reset back to Ron Paul. I wonder if AOL is somehow checking the IP addresses and filtering it out at night every day.

Santana28
12-31-2007, 01:44 PM
we dont NEED to spam, we have 3 times as many supporters, remember? Why would anyone here spam? What would the motivation be?

Obviously, our opposition needs the inflated votes to simply not look like idiots.

And yes... there are Huck supporters openly talking about spamming the AOL poll and tellings how to do it on their board. Their justification is that we are obviously doing it, because the "REAL" polls show that we dont have nearly the support that the online polls are registering. Little do they know.

But yeah - we dont need to spam so why would we?

purepaloma
12-31-2007, 01:45 PM
This poll isn't even on the AOL news page anymore.......so nobody but spammers will see this.

There is a new AOL poll however.

Santana28
12-31-2007, 02:03 PM
This poll isn't even on the AOL news page anymore.......so nobody but spammers will see this.

There is a new AOL poll however.

exactly. as the deadline is looming on the results (which i assume are planned to be used in some national news story) they know they need to "correct" it somehow. so they'll wait til the very last day to "fix" the results to match their Rasmussen polls so we dont have time topoint it out, use that in their stories, and then pretend it never happenned.

dont you love "democracy" in this country? i can't believe so many people are willing to trade in their values and their country for their company line and corporate interests. wow.