PDA

View Full Version : Looks like we will not even come close to 20 million for the quarter

dreamcast65
12-31-2007, 10:51 AM
We should have scheduled today's money bomb along with the teaparty, so if the teaparty didn't take us to or very close to 20 million, we know we would still break it on the 31st. Not enough people know that today is a money bomb day.

Quick
12-31-2007, 10:56 AM
To be honest, after the 16th this forum was flooded with threads from the next person who wanted to be Trever Lyman and setup the next big money bomb. I recall coming here one time and seeing 8-10 separate threads with some money bomb idea.

Ideas after ideas poured in, and I honestly turned a blind eye to any thread with the word "money bomb" in the title. Because of that, I guess I almost missed today's planned mini-bomb.

LibertyEagle
12-31-2007, 10:58 AM
Today is the end of the quarter. We probably didn't need a money bomb for this day. But, it would be helpful if the campaign sent out an email, reminding everyone of that fact.

jake
12-31-2007, 10:59 AM
To be honest, after the 16th this forum was flooded with threads from the next person who wanted to be Trever Lyman and setup the next big money bomb. I recall coming here one time and seeing 8-10 separate threads with some money bomb idea.

Ideas after ideas poured in, and I honestly turned a blind eye to any thread with the word "money bomb" in the title. Because of that, I guess I almost missed today's planned mini-bomb.

not too late to donate

fuzzybekool
12-31-2007, 11:01 AM

I agree that everyone and their grandmother wants to do a money bomb. Trevor is the "king" of money bombs so I would just let him handle this aspect of the grassroots if he wants to. I like the every friday payday money bomb idea.
I think that will infuse a constistent amount every week and help the official campaign do what they got to do.

Dave Wood
12-31-2007, 11:01 AM
Keep in mind all.......the campaign may surprise us when they dump in the offline donations. They have to add those to the total today anyway because its the end of the qtr.

I think we are closer to $20 mill than most people here think.

Truth Warrior
12-31-2007, 11:02 AM
Oh well, we may just have to settle for $19+ millions on an original $12 million 4th quarter goal. <LOL>

unloud
12-31-2007, 11:07 AM
Keep in mind all.......the campaign may surprise us when they dump in the offline donations. They have to add those to the total today anyway because its the end of the qtr.

I think we are closer to $20 mill than most people here think.

Most offline donation dumps by the campaign are about $400,000, AND the mini-bomb is set to go off between 1 and 4 PM

I wonder if anyone has realized that you can donate more after the 1st after you've maxed out.... The $2,300 donation cap is yearly.

tsetsefly
12-31-2007, 11:08 AM
DONT EXPECT ANY OFFLINE DONATIONS TO BE ADDED, GOT THIS EMAIL FROM HQ:

I'm sorry we cannot add offline donations today because they are still opening mail and trying to get it all accounted for. Some of the offline donations are already in about every 3 days they add it.

Valori Pyeatt

Ron Paul 2008 PCC

mconder
12-31-2007, 11:09 AM
You have all those money bomb naysayers and Ron Paul's Payday people to blame for that! I knew this would happen. We should have set this day as a money bomb before or shortly after The Tea Party. It takes time for word to get out.

Dave Wood
12-31-2007, 11:10 AM
DONT EXPECT ANY OFFLINE DONATIONS TO BE ADDED, GOT THIS EMAIL FROM HQ:

I'm sorry we cannot add offline donations today because they are still opening mail and trying to get it all accounted for. Some of the offline donations are already in about every 3 days they add it.

Valori Pyeatt

Ron Paul 2008 PCC

:(:(:(:(

Original_Intent
12-31-2007, 11:11 AM
Most offline donation dumps by the campaign are about $400,000, AND the mini-bomb is set to go off between 1 and 4 PM

I wonder if anyone has realized that you can donate more after the 1st after you've maxed out.... The $2,300 donation cap is yearly.

misinformation. it is per election. you can donate $2300 per person to the primary and $2300 per person to the general. period. you do not get another $2300 toward the primary on January 1.

LibertyEagle

You'd better be really sure of that. My understanding is that we can give $2300 for the primary and $2300 for the general election. Note: The Ron Paul PCC is not currently accepting money for the general election.

Eponym_mi
The $2,300 donation cap is yearly.

Inaccurate. You may contribute a max of $2300 toward the primary election and a max of $2300 toward the general election. However, if you contribute towards the general now, that money would have to be earmarked/restricted and not used until RP gets the nomination, or goes independent. It would have to be returned if he doesn't run in the general.

torchbearer
12-31-2007, 11:12 AM
19million is close to 20million.

szczebrzeszyn
12-31-2007, 11:12 AM
It doesn't really matter if it's 19,3 or 20 at this point. It's a load of cash. Some people became way too obssesed with those money bombs. More boots on the ground, more votes in Iowa and NH and the money will hit campaign coffers hard.

torchbearer
12-31-2007, 11:14 AM
money will hit campaign coffins hard.

coffers, let's hope against the coffin scenario.

FreeTraveler
12-31-2007, 11:16 AM
$38,000 won't get us to $20M... but it WILL keep the blimp flying!!!

Donate to the blimp TODAY! Keep those stories rolling in. Get Dr. Paul his ride in SC.

mconder
12-31-2007, 11:18 AM
I think 20 million will be a magic number to the media and sounds a lot more impressive than even 19.7 million.

szczebrzeszyn
12-31-2007, 11:21 AM
coffers, let's hope against the coffin scenario.
ooops...:o

coboman
12-31-2007, 11:25 AM
It was no lack of organization. Trevor's "Rudy's reading list" money bomb didn't get off the ground either.
You cannot milk the same base of supporters for more money forever. People gave all they could on the teaparty, and 19 million is a huge amount of money.

The original "unachievable" goal was 12 million.

Anyway, prepare for this next quarter. I don't think we are going to get even close to 23 million.
I fact, I don't think we are going to reach even 10 million, because people are not seeing any return on their money. The ads are bad, and don't seem to be helping.
And the media attention is nonexistent.

Less donations, as far as I see it, is a good thing. Means people have moved on from giving money, to canvassing, signing, voting, etc.
Votes, in the end, is what will win the election. Not money.

max
12-31-2007, 11:26 AM
HQ really dropped the ball on this one. They should have been pushing us for the 20 many days ago. The website doesnt even mention the 20 milestone.

I'm disappointed that they dont have a round the clock telemarketing operation calling the existing donor base to keep squeezing.

The 20 million milestone is such a huge psychological message and they dont even seem to see the value of reportng 20 versus 19

Dave Wood
12-31-2007, 11:28 AM
coboman,

poo-poo on you.

szczebrzeszyn
12-31-2007, 11:30 AM
I think 20 million will be a magic number to the media and sounds a lot more impressive than even 19.7 million.
They don't care if it's +/- $300,000. They didn't care much even about $6,000,000/day
The only way to impress them and the rest of the people would be placing high in primaries in defiance of the low polling numbers presented by the MSM.

Ernest
12-31-2007, 11:31 AM
Not even close? I don't know what the total will be for the quarter but right now it is over 19.1.

I'm not sure how you define close but 19.1+ is close to 20 million and should be celebrated where ever it ends up!

coboman
12-31-2007, 11:35 AM
coboman,
poo-poo on you.

C'mon, let's face it. The moneybombs where created to attract media attention. The Nov 5th worked for that purpose. And everyone thought more money would mean more attention.

Wrong.
The teaparty was basically ignored by the media.

Now here we are obsessed to get 20 million, because it will "sound better" on TV.

Guess what. It won't be mentioned on TV. Even if it was 30 million.

Get votes. A first place in any state will have to be covered by the media, and new supporters with fresh pockets will donate tons of money.

Dan Hall
01-02-2008, 12:52 AM
I PROPOSE WE DO A RON PAUL WEB BOMB

We can make lots of money by doing this and use that money to Support Ron Paul.

See: www.DanielHall-SupportsRonPaul.ws

This BUILDS ON-GOING CONTINUOUS SUPPORT MONIES TO RON PAULS CAMPAIGN.