PDA

View Full Version : Announcing Operation Adopt-a-Iowan

Jeremie in Minnesota
07-13-2007, 05:30 AM
Many people across the country have been asking how they can buy tickets for Iowans who want to support Ron Paul at the Straw Poll. Here is your chance! This has been in the works for a while now...People can buy partial or whole tickets by going to this page:

http://ronpaulstrawpoll.blogspot.com/

There is also a open thread about this operation here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=6906

**Moderators, can you please make this a sticky? Thanks!

LibertyEagle
07-13-2007, 07:08 AM
Hi Jeremie... you're rather new here. Welcome. What you're trying to do here is wonderful. I suggest though that you get someone that more of us know like, Bryan in Iowa, to vouch for you and this paypal account. I think if you do, you might get more money.

Just an idea.

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-13-2007, 07:26 AM
I knew Jeremie. He's the Border Coalition organizer. He started that up for the Blowback Rally in Des Moines and was essential to that project. Bryan knows him VERY well. Jeremie was also on here before Blowback in Des Moines, just doesn't live on here like many of us. :)

I bought three votes through this site, if that is worth any confidence to you.

LibertyEagle
07-13-2007, 07:28 AM
Ok Scribbler. Your word is good enough for me. :)

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-13-2007, 07:39 AM
Ok Scribbler. Your word is good enough for me. :)

That was easy. Say, I've got some land in Florida I'm thinking about selling . . . :D

LibertyEagle
07-13-2007, 07:59 AM
That's ok, we already have enough swamp land here in Texas right now.

Noodles
07-13-2007, 08:12 AM
She also vouched for John of Des Moines!:eek:

Just kidding!:)

Jeremie in Minnesota
07-13-2007, 11:30 AM
I knew Jeremie. He's the Border Coalition organizer. He started that up for the Blowback Rally in Des Moines and was essential to that project. Bryan knows him VERY well. Jeremie was also on here before Blowback in Des Moines, just doesn't live on here like many of us. :)

I bought three votes through this site, if that is worth any confidence to you.

Bump...

Thanks Scribbler...If anyone else needs confirmation beyond this, you only need to speak with the admin of this board, as I roomed Josh in Des Moines as well. I just do more lurking than posting around here.

Anyone who is a moderator, please make this a sticky!!!!

Jeremie

JoshLowry
07-13-2007, 11:37 AM
Do you want it stickied or do you want it posted in the Iowa sub forum?

Jeremie in Minnesota
07-13-2007, 11:38 AM
Do you want it stickied or do you want it posted in the Iowa sub forum?

Can we have both?

Lord Xar
07-14-2007, 01:47 AM
I am gonna adopt 2 now, but you should go to the other thread and ping the other people that said they would.. but that post got lost in the shuffle and those people probably forgot about it.

Dan Klaus
07-14-2007, 10:27 AM
update on this?? curious on the numbers..

Jeremie in Minnesota
07-14-2007, 08:21 PM
Update - We have barely advertised this, and the total is almost $1100.00.

So right now, we can buy thirty tickets...just a drop in the bucket, really.
Let's see what happens after ALL the national Ron Paul Meetup groups are contacted....

Lord Xar
07-16-2007, 02:13 PM

aknappjr
07-16-2007, 03:27 PM
Are RP supporters going to pay their own way? This money really should go to people who are borderline RP supporters or people who can be persuaded to vote for RP instead of the neocon RudyMcRomney.

maiki
07-16-2007, 05:16 PM
Can a progress bar be posted somewhere? It would be interesting to see how this grows. (I bought a ticket!)

ronpaulhawaii
07-16-2007, 06:38 PM
Can a progress bar be posted somewhere? It would be interesting to see how this grows. (I bought a ticket!)

might get me to buy some more ;)

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-16-2007, 06:53 PM
Are RP supporters going to pay their own way? This money really should go to people who are borderline RP supporters or people who can be persuaded to vote for RP instead of the neocon RudyMcRomney.

I hope so! If the 3 tix I paid for with hard-earned money go to people on this forum, well . . . :mad: Not that I don't like you guys, but don't be a welfare recipient! :cool:

Jeremie in Minnesota
07-16-2007, 07:55 PM
might get me to buy some more ;)

Hmmmm, let me see if I can do that!

ronpaulhawaii
07-16-2007, 08:24 PM
Gotta love this grassroots thang...

There..., now no-one has to go alone ;)

:D

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-17-2007, 08:12 AM
To get a ticket, an Iowan should be wearing a Ron Paul tshirt or button, or buy a Ron Paul tshirt which I can make available for $3. Does that sound reasonable? We want to ensure they're with us if they're getting a "free" ticket.

If something like this is in place, I may sponsor some more tickets. I've purchased three for now.

Lord Xar
07-17-2007, 01:42 PM
To get a ticket, an Iowan should be wearing a Ron Paul tshirt or button, or buy a Ron Paul tshirt which I can make available for $3. Does that sound reasonable? We want to ensure they're with us if they're getting a "free" ticket.

If something like this is in place, I may sponsor some more tickets. I've purchased three for now.

well.. "if" they are wearing a ron paul t-shirt then the assumption is they are probably already gonna vote for ron paul. We need additonal votes, not ones we already have. Are you referring to people who are there to just have a good time but don't have the money to vote?

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-17-2007, 03:39 PM
Yeah. I don't want people getting a ticket paid for by Ron Paul supporters only to go in and vote for Romney. Wearing a tshirt or buying one for $3 is good enough proof for me.

mdh
07-18-2007, 08:38 AM
This blog is under review due to possible Blogger Terms of Service violations and is open to authors only

Woah. Crap.

torchbearer
07-18-2007, 08:42 AM
This blog is under review due to possible Blogger Terms of Service violations and is open to authors only

Woah. Crap.

Not very specific are they?

remaxjon
07-18-2007, 08:45 AM

Woah. Crap.

what does that mean?

Rocky Mtn Liberty Lover
07-18-2007, 08:53 AM
Do we have anything posted or advertised at Iowa State (in Ames) to attract the summer students or the ones who stayed on/around campus? College students are always up for a good party, especially if it is free (for them) and they are also likely to support Paul's ideas and stances.

Jeremie in Minnesota
07-18-2007, 09:01 AM
what does that mean?

Here is the scoop everyone...

The blog was flagged due to having several characteritics of a "spam blog" - Which it is not. When I logged into to make some edits, I was redirected to a page which described why they locked it up and stated "if I am a human reading this, it obviously isn't a spam blog" and to initiate a review "by one of their humans".

I have requested the review, and it should be back up and running within a day or two. An inconvenience, because we were raising some cash, but we'll have to live with it.

ChicagoLawyer
07-18-2007, 08:16 PM
bump

JosephTheLibertarian
07-19-2007, 02:49 AM
If you need any help, let me know. How can a guy from NJ help? I have also tried joining some of my local Ron Paul meet up groups ;)

EastWindRain
07-19-2007, 06:30 PM
Can somebody please make a YouTube video, about what you want each Ron Paul supporter to do to help make the Iowa Straw Poll a success? Please describe what you would like to see happen in Iowa, and what the whole purpose of the poll is. Explain the plan in detail, for all the supporters who may not be familiar with the whole political process. This way we can spread this video to all the Ron Paul support and MeetUp groups, and we can all chip in to help ensure that Ron Paul wins this next very important step. (Please take the time to answer any questions that may arise like: Why does it cost $35 dollars to vote in a Poll? And why the number 10 000? Please cover all the basics. You will have to excuse my ignorance, as I live in BC, Canada, and am not familiar with the process. Also please provide the link to the main thread which is addressing this issue. As this can't be the main thread, due to the shortness of it. :)

Let's make August 11th, 2007 Straw Poll another victory for Ron Paul in Iowa.

Jeremie in Minnesota
07-22-2007, 08:26 AM
Hello everyone,

As requested, a progress bar has been posted on the website (http://ronpaulstrawpoll.blogspot.com/). I know many people were calling for this, and it was a simple feat accomplished by Lord Xar.

Also, we have heard the concerns of people who do not want these funds to be wasted. We will be buying tickets as needed in Ames, and redistributing funds on a percentage basis. If the tickets a person purchased amounted to a total of 3% of the fund, they will receive 3% of the remaning fund in return. We will need to do it in this way because not all purchases were for full tickets, and connecting a ticket purchaser to a recipient would not be a practical effort on the ground.

Thank you,

Jeremie Bellenir
Organizer
Ron Paul - Iowa Border States Coalition

Bergie Bergeron
07-24-2007, 02:47 PM
I'll buy 5 ($275) if someone else will join me
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=2229718737&topic=6105&start=0

rain4venus
07-24-2007, 03:36 PM
I'm planning on buying 5, but only if some others will join me.

Who's in for $275?

rain4venus
07-24-2007, 03:37 PM
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=2229718737&topic=6105&start=0

haha that's me!

ghemminger
07-24-2007, 03:38 PM
I want to buy some tickets this Friday...can you guys tell me more about how you are distributing these tickets and your efforts to promote this program to other sites???? Thanks.

rain4venus
07-24-2007, 04:30 PM
I'm planning on buying 5, but only if some others will join me.

Who's in for $275?

Since wow I can't do math, I'm going to be willing to buy 8 tickets instead of 5. I said I can put in $275 and I will if some others can join me in buying 5 as originally stated.

Jeremie in Minnesota
07-24-2007, 08:05 PM
I want to buy some tickets this Friday...can you guys tell me more about how you are distributing these tickets and your efforts to promote this program to other sites???? Thanks.

Yes, our on the ground logistics involve a team of people buying tickets as needed for individuals who want to support Ron Paul, but cannot spend the $35 for a ticket. As these individuals are identified, a team member will purchase a ticket for them, obtain a receipt, and then rally at a point to be determined to obtain additional funds as necessary.

As we are not a PAC or non-profit, we are basically a collection point for those who want to buy tickets for these Iowans, and these purchases will be donations to the Republican Party of Iowa. If there is anything remaining of the fund at the end of the day, it will be re-distributed on a percentage basis. (If your purchase total to the fund was 3%, you will receive 3% back of the total fund.)

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-25-2007, 12:22 PM

Any thoughts on this? Another option to give them a stake in the vote would be for adopt-an-Iowan to buy the tickets and charge only $5 per ticket to those who promised to vote for RP. For that $5 they could get a Ron Paul tshirt to wear. I will donate 50 t-shirts if you guys go with this.

Not only will the voter have a stake in the vote then, but it would stretch the Adopt-An-Iowan money a little further to subsidize more tickets.

Johnnybags
07-25-2007, 01:32 PM
Bump

rain4venus
07-25-2007, 01:37 PM
yeah but we really need 10,000 votes, not just $10,000

Syren123
07-25-2007, 02:51 PM
Any thoughts on this? Another option to give them a stake in the vote would be for adopt-an-Iowan to buy the tickets and charge only $5 per ticket to those who promised to vote for RP. For that $5 they could get a Ron Paul tshirt to wear. I will donate 50 t-shirts if you guys go with this.

Not only will the voter have a stake in the vote then, but it would stretch the Adopt-An-Iowan money a little further to subsidize more tickets.

I think this is a great idea.

Dustancostine
07-26-2007, 10:32 AM
$40 Sent.

Dustan, your order is now complete.Payment by PayPal

Confirmation Number: 7N807110RL8272712.
An email with your order summary has been sent to dustan1@aol.com

Merchant Contact Information
ronpaulstrawpoll@gmail.com

View Printable Receipt

ghemminger
07-26-2007, 11:16 AM
You guys need to adjust your fundraising goal a little higher...let me see 10-20% growth per day...just keep your head on straight walking around IOWA with 50k in your pockets....lol

Seriously...This fundraising effort is the most competent thing I've seen reagrding the straw poll I've seen....HQ should take notes....(They don't even have a fundraising bar on thier website).

Everyone should be reposting this program everywhere to all Meetups across the country....There is no way in hell new Iowan converts are going to pay $35 to $70 per vote.....If you pay for it....we have a much different story...

35X1000 Votes = $35,000
35X10000 Votes = $350,000

How many votes we need to win Iowa?

goldenequity
07-26-2007, 11:49 AM
Please feel free to use any or all of this text in your Ames efforts:)

"Protecting the rights of even the least individual among us is basically the only excuse the government has for even existing."

Is our government protecting our individual rights and the traditional values of the Constitution? The answer is most clearly "no."

What are Constitutional traditional values?

Looking across history, they are most certainly not aggressive bloated government, a collapsing monetary system, weak borders, wire-tapping, or preemptive wars. America desperately needs leadership to reverse the size of government, lower taxes, encourage free trade, and get out of foreign entanglements, our bank accounts and our bedrooms.

Who can begin reversing decades of bloated and corrosive legislation from the administrations and parties who have lost sight of our Constitution and traditional core values?

We must elect a candidate, who will pursue a humble defensive foreign policy and who will bring our soldiers home and I mean all. That means saving almost five hundred billion dollars a year. A half-trillion saved and not spent. Compound that annually.

Saved for entitlements, federal pork and earmarking? Don’t even think about it!

In his 20 years in Congress, Ron Paul has not once voted to raise taxes or congressional pay. Professional lobbyists do not even darken this Congressman’s door. He is known amongst his colleagues as “Doctor No” for refusing any legislation that spends tax money on anything not endorsed specifically by the Constitution.

He wants the money to stay with you, to be spent locally, to prosper your own State and local community. It’s your money. Improve and use it to take personal responsibility for your own lives and local communities. In your prosperity, give to community charities instead of demanding the Federal government help the poor and unfortunate amoung you.

This was the strict and liberating intention of our founding fathers and the Constitution.
There was no income tax…none. It worked so well for so long, that our country’s prosperity exploded exponentially and was the envy of all other nations of the world.

Stop being a good Republican. Stop being a good Democrat. Start being a good American.

As the only Republican candidate who solitarily opposed the war in Iraq and loudly protested the corrosive effects of the Homeland Security Act upon our Civil Liberties, let's give Ron Paul a chance, to lead us out of this mess. Our country is literally going broke trying to sustain a policy of policing the world and a bloated Federalized system of government.

Please go this weekend to the Ames Iowa Poll and cast your straw vote for Ron Paul.

Thank you so much.

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-26-2007, 12:58 PM
Everyone should be reposting this program everywhere to all Meetups across the country....There is no way in hell new Iowan converts are going to pay $35 to $70 per vote.....If you pay for it....we have a much different story...

35X1000 Votes = $35,000
35X10000 Votes = $350,000

But if they pay $5 towards the ticket, that stretches the available cash to cover a few more tickets. $5 is doable for most folks. It would be nice if we'd feed them for that. I guess they'll have to go sample the wares at the other candidates' tents. Hope we don't lose them over pottage.

ghemminger
07-26-2007, 02:35 PM
But if they pay $5 towards the ticket, that stretches the available cash to cover a few more tickets. $5 is doable for most folks. It would be nice if we'd feed them for that. I guess they'll have to go sample the wares at the other candidates' tents. Hope we don't lose them over pottage.

YEah...this is so funny...that we have to even talk about the=is crap...I had know idea....If you ask me this whole thing is getting on my nerves.....why do 600 media types show up to this thing???

They should be covering this true and real "grass-roots" movement and we should charge them for the privelege......

ghemminger
07-26-2007, 02:36 PM
Check out this Vid...I got ladyjade to put in a spot for us at the very end..pretty cool...uh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e379_6o8voo

Jeremie in Minnesota
07-26-2007, 06:54 PM
Check out this Vid...I got ladyjade to put in a spot for us at the very end..pretty cool...uh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e379_6o8voo

Yes, that was very cool!

Very, very good news everyone! We broke our first goal of $10,000! Ron Paul supporters have effectively passed the hat and said they will not allow special interest money to entirely influence the Iowa Straw Poll!

When we realized that we were going to break this goal, we though maybe it was time to up the ante, and we have. We are asking Ron Paul supporters from all over the country to spread the word about this effort. We have set a goal to buy 1000 tickets! That is $35,000. We know we are going to reach this goal, but we need your help!

I have restructured the blog a bit, so go check it out here (http://ronpaulstrawpoll.blogspot.com/).

Also, someone asked who people should be directing Iowans to that we will purchase tickets for. This information will be forthcoming. We have the concept of the logistics that day, but to avoid any confusion, we will release details when we get closer to the event. I will physically be on the ground, as will Roger Barr. There are other individuals we plan on recruiting from the Iowa Border States Coalition as well. There will be a staging point, and tickets will be purchased at a Box Office set up at the Hilton.

Again, this has turned into more than we thought it would, and we cannot emphasize how excited we are for the Straw Poll. We are going to shock the world. In the meantime, keep calling and mailing Iowans and get down to Ames this weekend to help Jeff Lins (gigaplex) distribute those DVDs!!!

Johnnybags
07-26-2007, 06:59 PM
All I can say is Mitt has to wish he had these few rabid supporters, truth is he has to pay out of his own pocket for far less effective professional hacks. Fabulous job, rock on. Tehehe, well the top teir, with the exception of Ron Paul, who had 10k people vote in the FoX poll,my @ss,where is Carl Cameron? Send him an update, please. Ask him for 35.00 bucks.

EvoPro
07-26-2007, 09:01 PM
$57 dollars sent

The bar doesn't seem to raise automatically I guess.

Confirmation Number: 41522195...

When Mailing/Calling Iowans do you think it's a good idea to mention that if money is a problem, there will be Ron Paul supporters there to help pay for tickets.

C4de
07-26-2007, 10:57 PM
I emailed the organizer and suggested that the fundraising goal be lifted to 1,000 tickets, and surprise, the bar has now been raised from $10,000 to $35,000. Time to step it up and adopt more Iowans!

ghemminger
07-26-2007, 11:15 PM
Yes, that was very cool!

Very, very good news everyone! We broke our first goal of $10,000! Ron Paul supporters have effectively passed the hat and said they will not allow special interest money to entirely influence the Iowa Straw Poll!

When we realized that we were going to break this goal, we though maybe it was time to up the ante, and we have. We are asking Ron Paul supporters from all over the country to spread the word about this effort. We have set a goal to buy 1000 tickets! That is $35,000. We know we are going to reach this goal, but we need your help!

I have restructured the blog a bit, so go check it out here (http://ronpaulstrawpoll.blogspot.com/).

Also, someone asked who people should be directing Iowans to that we will purchase tickets for. This information will be forthcoming. We have the concept of the logistics that day, but to avoid any confusion, we will release details when we get closer to the event. I will physically be on the ground, as will Roger Barr. There are other individuals we plan on recruiting from the Iowa Border States Coalition as well. There will be a staging point, and tickets will be purchased at a Box Office set up at the Hilton.

Again, this has turned into more than we thought it would, and we cannot emphasize how excited we are for the Straw Poll. We are going to shock the world. In the meantime, keep calling and mailing Iowans and get down to Ames this weekend to help Jeff Lins (gigaplex) distribute those DVDs!!!

No Prob.....

Jerimie,
Can we put together a coordinated effort to get this iformation to each Meetup Group.....Either get the Adopt-An-Iowan information to each organizer or each member. I can disemeinate to California....

d'anconia
07-26-2007, 11:44 PM
My poor ass just adopted an Iowan. If I can donate then so can everyone else.

d'anconia
07-26-2007, 11:45 PM
PS Make sure the link gets posted to everyone possible.

ghemminger
07-26-2007, 11:55 PM
My poor ass just adopted an Iowan. If I can donate then so can everyone else.

My poor ass will too....lol

Californian Meetup organizers emailed.....DONE...Took me 30 minutes

ghemminger
07-26-2007, 11:57 PM
Any volunteers for other States.....Meetups will not be notified by HQ...These are the hardcore people that may donate...but who often don't check forums or blogs

Do I have volunteers to notify the other MEETUPS in the other States?????

California if DONE!

ghemminger
07-27-2007, 03:53 PM
I guess I will staret Arizona...no help?

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-27-2007, 10:16 PM
Big point --> We can't use Adopt-An-Iowan unless we can promise tickets to lure people to DRIVE to the straw poll that Saturday morning. We have to tell them their tickets are paid for while we're calling. However, patrons currently have no method to bring our purchased votes to fruition.

Cure: Jeremie, create a registration for people who are willing to come vote for Ron Paul if they know their ticket is paid. A "will call."

So, when we're calling prospective Iowans, we can ask, will you come and vote for Ron Paul in the straw poll? "I don't know that I can afford the $35." "If other supporters of Ron Paul buy your ticket, will you come to Ames and vote for Ron Paul?" "Oh, okay." "Excellent. I'm going to reserve a ticket in your name, but you have to promise to come and vote for Ron Paul." So the caller either goes to your website and submits the name and telephone number, or emails you, Jeremie, and you pop that into a database. Then you can assume that between 50% and 75% of those who promised to come via a paid ticket will show up, and budget accordingly.

Debra
07-28-2007, 09:15 AM
I don't know where to start to put it "out there" in ithe nternet arena so I'll start here. I'm a new grandmother and was never computer savvy. I've been a close watcher "sentinal" of this government and the "global" government for some time now and am pretty darn savvy to their antics.

The first time I saw this man was the Republican Debate, probably like most of you. I was very discouraged when I couldn't find anything about this candidate through my normal channels. I could only find out about him on the internet which "clearly" signals "blackout" of this candidate.

Hats off to all of you for not giving up. I'm so proud of the young standing up to fight for America, across all parties. I could never do what you do on the internet but it's obvious the internet is true communications. I'll go rally the rest homes on your behalf. Honestly, I've encouraged all those I know to check the internet out. I ask them to ask their sons and daughters to show them a few things. Remember, they are "votes".

btw, this sentinal sees major danger on the horizon....especially economics. We're in a serious recession and the unemployment numbers by this government are lies. I believe the economic breakdown will be "their" excuse for the NAU/SSP/Amero. btw. The Amero is spoken of often on the BBC and off-shore financial institutions. They wonder when it will start trading on the markets.

It's Ron Paul or BUST. I own a restaurant and I got one of those Revolution Banners you've got and hung it off the awning.

I also feel and believe that as his popularity increases that "we the people" start demanding security for all the candidates. I don't know why our tax dollars have to pay for Obamas security, he's no different than Ron Paul. I think Dr. Paul needs to start traveling with a bit of security around him and not make a big deal out of it but we need to start watching and keep those camera phones ready. He should think twice about traveling by air.

I encourage you, if you can, to watch congressional oversight hearings, reruns on cspan or capital news. You'll be shocked and know more than ever why we need Ron Paul.

I admire all of you. Someone should get Google to make this site a little easier for us older folks to navigate through.

Vote Smart, Vote The Doctor

ghemminger
07-28-2007, 10:42 AM
Welcome Debra...We need help speading Adopt an Iowan....California Meetups Organizers has been covered

Rocky Mtn Liberty Lover
07-28-2007, 10:22 PM
I just bought a couple tickets. I hope there is a solid plan to ensure that ALL of these tickets get used so our money is not wasted. I agree with Scribbler in that it definitely needs to be over-subscribed to account for no shows.

Jennifer Reynolds
07-29-2007, 11:09 PM
///

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-30-2007, 09:33 AM
I am telling callers from Minnesota to send me the names of Iowans who need tickets.

Jeremie in Minnesota
07-30-2007, 12:08 PM
I am telling callers from Minnesota to send me the names of Iowans who need tickets. I'll buy them their tickets myself if I have to, even though I've already contributed to this project. I don't see a way to tell people that they can get tickets from this project.

Scribbler,

I do not appreciate, and I am very confused by this comment you posted this morning. I emailed you invidually and said we were working on it. You replied, even offering to help.

For you to come on here and discredit the effort by saying there isn't a way for people to get tickets from the project is flat out untrue and very misleading, and could cause a lot of concern on the part of individuals who have put money in the hat. With all due respect, you were out of place to make such a comment.

Furthermore, we cannot link the Call Iowa and Mail Iowa programs with the Adopt-a-Iowan effort because one is grassroots and the others are from National. This is why we are trying to figure out just how we are going to advertise and make known this resource.

I don't mind people asking questions in an open forum like this, considering such a large amount of grassroots money, but to post a potentially damaging comment like the one above is a perplexing action, especially knowing that you and I had previously communicated.

If this is your way to cause action Scribbler, I would suggest you attempt a different method with me, because this is not leadership - it is merely running around attempting to stir people into a frenzy.

tiznow
07-30-2007, 01:48 PM
jeremie or anybody for that matter are we positive that we can buy straw poll tickets the day of event. I'm looking everywhere and can find zero information on where you can buy tickets the day of, what form of payment they take cash, credit, check. If you have answers let me know

https://www.fundraisingbynet.net/fbn/eticket.asp

above is where you can purchase tickets now to either be sent to you or to be at will call for pickup the day of.

Nowhere that i've looked do they have any information on buying tickets at the event.

tiznow
07-30-2007, 01:51 PM
question answered on different tred, nevermind thanks for the response.

Jeremie in Minnesota
07-30-2007, 01:52 PM
jeremie or anybody for that matter are we positive that we can buy straw poll tickets the day of event. I'm looking everywhere and can find zero information on where you can buy tickets the day of, what form of payment they take cash, credit, check. If you have answers let me know

https://www.fundraisingbynet.net/fbn/eticket.asp

above is where you can purchase tickets now to either be sent to you or to be at will call for pickup the day of.

Nowhere that i've looked do they have any information on buying tickets at the event.

Just responded to this question in the other thread you started.

The answer to your question is "yes", there will be a Box Office setup at the Hilton to buy tickets the day of if necessary. We are also contemplating a couple of other things right now regarding the advertisement and distribution for the tickets.

I would implore people not to panic. We are thinking ahead about many of the same issues you are concerned with, and we are working to the same end. I know much of the concern raises from the amount of grassroots money we are dealing with, and ultimately, that we want Dr. Paul to have a successful day in Ames on 8/11.

ghemminger
07-30-2007, 01:53 PM
Just Blasted this thread to 300+ Ron Paul Meetup Leaders

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-30-2007, 03:52 PM
Jeremie,

I am working on a calling project not associated with the campaign. It is a very targeted list and we're not going to waste it. The only way some of these people will go and vote is if their ticket is paid for. I am ensuring we do that. I AM concerned. Time is short and this question has been out here for a while. Individuals not associated with the campaign calling Iowans from their own phones does not constitute a campaign activity, especially when the campaign did not give them such information about your project.

Jeremie in Minnesota
07-30-2007, 08:15 PM
Jeremie,

I am working on a calling project not associated with the campaign. It is a very targeted list and we're not going to waste it. The only way some of these people will go and vote is if their ticket is paid for. I am ensuring we do that. I AM concerned. Time is short and this question has been out here for a while. Individuals not associated with the campaign calling Iowans from their own phones does not constitute a campaign activity, especially when the campaign did not give them such information about your project.

I understand you are concerned, but your question this past weekend was the first I heard from you, and when we emailed each other individually, I assumed you understood I was working on it. You also should have been more clear that you were talking about a separate calling project. With all the activities going on, and your self-professed knowledge of politics, this should have been something you were perceptive enough to do....correct?

Again, if you want action, you went about it the wrong way. You also aren't taking responsibility for the damage you may have done to the effort with your previous statement, which basically took a shot and questioned the legitimacy of what we are doing, when I and Roger Barr have done everything we can to make sure people all over the country know this is a legitimate grassroots effort - not a small feat to accomplish online.

With that said, if you and others are working a separate calling project and what it takes to get them there is a paid for ticket, please keep their information and we will make sure we save them a ticket. I will get back to everyone in the very near future about advertising this resource to prospective Ron Paul supporters at the Straw Poll.

ghemminger
08-01-2007, 01:14 PM
Ok...going slow promoting...... California, Alabama done!!!

Southern Grey
08-01-2007, 06:58 PM
As I understand it these tickets are just $35 a pop. One can only wonder what sort of interested person couldn't handle $35 on their own.

Secondly, how can we be sure that whomever gets the freebie ticket would in fact be a Ron Paul supporter?

Southern Grey
08-01-2007, 07:03 PM
That seemingly is something I could throw a few FRNs at.

TheLibertyTree
08-02-2007, 11:45 AM
So where do Iowans seeking adoption sign up?

Jeremie in Minnesota
08-02-2007, 12:17 PM
So where do Iowans seeking adoption sign up?

Funny you should mention that! The following has been posted here (http://ronpaulstrawpoll.blogspot.com):

Thank you very much to everyone so far who has "put money in the hat" for this worthy cause. We are almost done putting our resources together, and it is time to enter the second phase of this operation.

Tomorrow, you will see a form in place of the area you are now reading. This form will provide grassroots individuals a place to register Iowans they contact via phone or in person, or for Iowans who wish to be adopted to register themselves.

We are also going to implement an aggressive on the ground campaign in the Ames/Des Moines area this weekend to recruit and gather information on prospective adoptees, so we can provide them with further direction regarding the logistics of picking up their ticket on the day of the Straw Poll.

Note - We will also stop collecting money on Tuesday, August 7th, at 12:00 AM - We are doing this to ensure we have enough time to move funds to purchase tickets on Saturday, August 11th.

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-02-2007, 10:10 PM
Excellent work, Jeremie! It's not easy pulling together a project like this. Sorry for getting bitchy earlier. I've been in type-A overdrive on my own project for the Straw Poll. It'll all be worth it! I'll have some names to send you for tix, but have to spend tomorrow tweaking our database.

Southern Grey
08-02-2007, 10:17 PM
Okay. You convinced me. I just got me my very own Iowan.

Maybe it'll be one that I send a letter to in that program.

Bossobass
08-03-2007, 01:33 PM
I just adopted another 10 Iowans.

Jeremie, PM me if you see this today (Friday) and get a chance. I'll be heading to Iowa tomorrow and would like to hook up when I get in. We're planning to stay in Iowa until Wednesday, and I'm looking for options of work that needs to be done.

Bosso

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-03-2007, 09:07 PM
I got myself three, but I need to clean out the garage before I have room for any more.

TheLibertyTree
08-04-2007, 03:22 AM
Contact form at http://ronpaulstrawpoll.blogspot.com is nonfunctional.

Lord Xar
08-04-2007, 03:56 AM
Contact form at http://ronpaulstrawpoll.blogspot.com is nonfunctional.

try again.. I was testing it.. its fine now... there was like a 40 minute window in which there was some issues, all is fine now...

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-04-2007, 03:51 PM
Yay! Did you put that in Lord Xar? Excellent.

Jeremie in Minnesota
08-05-2007, 12:24 PM
Yay! Did you put that in Lord Xar? Excellent.

Yes he did! Lord Xar has been EXTREMELY crucial in creating the html for the progress bar and now this form. Without his involvment, we could not have been as successful.

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-06-2007, 04:18 PM
Great! I've used the form. Jeremie, do you guys know how you're distributing the tickets yet? I'd like to call these people back to tell them. Or maybe you guys are going to be in contact with them. Either way works for me. Thanks.

EastWindRain
08-06-2007, 07:44 PM
Is anybody else concerned about this?
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/Predicted%20finish.bmp

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2007/08/iowa_republicans_see_romney_as_1.html

August 06, 2007
Iowa Republicans See Romney As Straw Poll Winner
By Reid Wilson

With a week to go before the Iowa Republican Party's critical straw poll, an informal survey of Iowa Republican Party leaders, conducted by Real Clear Politics, shows high expectations for former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney. Those high expectations of local party leaders could be a huge benefit, if Romney meets them, or a painful negative should he fail. The numbers, and the expectations for all the candidates, show a race that could dramatically change on Saturday...

Joe Knows
08-06-2007, 08:34 PM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/Predicted%20finish.bmp

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2007/08/iowa_republicans_see_romney_as_1.html

August 06, 2007
Iowa Republicans See Romney As Straw Poll Winner
By Reid Wilson

With a week to go before the Iowa Republican Party's critical straw poll, an informal survey of Iowa Republican Party leaders, conducted by Real Clear Politics, shows high expectations for former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney. Those high expectations of local party leaders could be a huge benefit, if Romney meets them, or a painful negative should he fail. The numbers, and the expectations for all the candidates, show a race that could dramatically change on Saturday...

I am not concerned at all. The lower the expectations the bigger the win!

EastWindRain
08-06-2007, 08:41 PM
How many voters does Iowa need to win the Straw Poll in Ron Paul favor? Was it 15 000 or 40 000 or what? There is only 4 days left to convince thousands of Iowans to vote for Ron Paul. If we had 100 full time Ron Paul telephone people going how many would each person have to convince?

150 each? 150 x 100 = 15 000 voters
150 / 4 days = 38 new convinced people per day. Is there an organized group of Ron Paul supporters attempting these numbers?

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-06-2007, 08:59 PM

The only concern is that it might discourage Ron Paul supporters from coming to spend the $35 to vote.

But let's keep that to the other threads, and this thread on the Adopt-An-Iowan project.

TheLibertyTree
08-07-2007, 12:15 PM
Great! I've used the form. Jeremie, do you guys know how you're distributing the tickets yet? I'd like to call these people back to tell them. Or maybe you guys are going to be in contact with them. Either way works for me. Thanks.

I'm also curious. I signed up for tickets and got a confirmation email, but no further instructions.

Jeremie in Minnesota
08-07-2007, 04:11 PM
I'm also curious. I signed up for tickets and got a confirmation email, but no further instructions.

They will be forthcoming, working out the details now :-)

Jeremie in Minnesota
08-07-2007, 08:43 PM
Adopt-a-Iowan needs your help!

We have the ability to buy almost 650 tickets for Ron Paul supporters! That is far beyond our expectations, but we plan on using the resource fully to our candidate's benefit.

We, the grassroots and national campaign, are on the back stretch now, and how we work leading up to Saturday will determine our place on the podium.

I am asking people who have already called Iowans, to utilize the resource the National Campaign sent to them, and call them back! Place a follow up call and let them know that regular, everyday Americans who support Ron Paul want to help them support the good doctor and buy their ticket to the straw poll. If they just register and show up, we will take care of them.

You can take their information and register for them, or they can register themselves at http://ronpaulstrawpoll.blogspot.com

Also let them know they can register for a ride if they need one at the same website. People can register if they need or can provide a ride. No matter what, we will make sure everyone who wants to get there, does!

Those who register will provide an email address, and we will send specific instructions later this week as to where they can pick up their tickets on Saturday.

Your help is appreciated!

Jeremie Bellenir
Roger Barr
John Kurr

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-07-2007, 08:53 PM
Be sure they will vote for Ron Paul before registering! Better that someone stays home than goes and votes AGAINST Dr Paul.