PDA

View Full Version : Is Ron Paul a magician?

IHaveaDream
12-31-2007, 09:59 AM
If Ron Paul fails to do well in the primaries, what will it mean?

- No other candidate has amassed the grassroots support that Ron Paul has.
- No other candidate has accomplished TWO record-breaking 24 hour fundraisers.
- No other candidate has raised more money in the final quarter.
- No other candidate wins more online polls.
- No other candidate wins more straw polls.
- No other candidate has won as many post-debate polls.
- No other candidate gets more contributions from military personnel.
- No other candidate has as many signs, bumper stickers, or banners .
- No other candidate has as many meet-up groups.
- No other candidate has as many sign-wavings.
- No other candidate has as many boots on the ground going door-to-door.
- No other candidate has the same consistency in their voting record.
- No other candidate has appealed to a broader spectrum of people.
- No other candidate has as many first-time and party-switching voters pledging their support.
- No other candidate has been Googled or otherwise researched as much.
- No other candidate has been able to inspire a similar level of spontaneous action from their supporters.
- No other candidate has as many decorated vehicles or as many riders crisscrossing the country.
- No other candidate has as many people wearing their hats, t-shirts, or other apparel.
- No other candidate has a blimp, a hot air ballon, or airplanes lettering the sky.
-No other candidate has prompted as many unique and unorthodox marketing efforts.
- No other candidate has as many fans showing up at sporting events, live news reports, or opposing candidates appearances.
- And no other candidate has been deliberately targeted for censorship by even their own party.

Either Ron Paul is one of the most popular presidential candidates in history, or he has pulled off one of the greatest illusions in history.

liberty_Forever
12-31-2007, 10:01 AM
I am voting for Paul no matter what.

Mark Rushmore
12-31-2007, 10:01 AM

Ron Paul is one of the most popular presidential candidates, but the media has pulled off one of the greatest illusions in history.

Ethek
12-31-2007, 10:03 AM
I like that list.

Vizacar
12-31-2007, 10:06 AM

- No other candidate has as many first-time and party-switching voters pledging their support.
- No other candidate has been able to inspire a similar level of spontaneous action from their supporters.
- No other candidate has as many decorated vehicles or as many riders crisscrossing the country.
- No other candidate has as many people wearing their hats, t-shirts, or other apparel.
- No other candidate has a blimp, a hot air ballon, or airplanes lettering the sky.
-No other candidate has prompted as many unique and unorthodox marketing efforts.
- No other candidate has as many fans showing up at sporting events, live news reports, or opposing candidates appearances.
- And no other candidate has been deliberately targeted for censorship by even their own party.

Either Ron Paul is one of the most popular presidential candidates in history, or he has pulled off one of the greatest illusions in history.

That is precisely why the good doctor will be our next President! :D

Grandson of Liberty
12-31-2007, 10:07 AM
Ron Paul is one of the most popular presidential candidates, but the media has pulled off one of the greatest illusions in history.

Bingo.

Chester Copperpot
12-31-2007, 10:12 AM
I am voting for Paul no matter what.

same here

MRoCkEd
12-31-2007, 10:15 AM
me too

smartpeople4ronpaul
12-31-2007, 10:18 AM

+1

shasshas
12-31-2007, 10:36 AM
Ron Paul losing is nothing special.

It simply means that Ron Paul has the avid support of a minority of the US population. And it means that the minority are living in the wrong country. ie: A smart minority living in a massively stupid nation destined to self-destruct very soon, dooming all its people to horrible excruciating death through some form of nuclear or bioweapon holocaust brought on themselves through the malicious greed of a few.

Are you willing to remain such a silent minority or will you rise up and leave the nation?or fight on?

LibertyEagle
12-31-2007, 10:38 AM
Shasshas,

What's your agenda?

shasshas
12-31-2007, 10:42 AM
testing nice colours and bombastic grandiose and melodramatic language (sorry)

Shink
12-31-2007, 10:48 AM
Ron Paul commercial on CNN just now. :) That money's going to good use.

MRoCkEd
12-31-2007, 10:56 AM
in iowa eh? which commercial

IHaveaDream
12-31-2007, 06:29 PM
Oops! There's one more I forgot to add:

- No other candidate generates more calls and emails to the media.

Wouldn't want to leave anything out. :D

Troyhand
12-31-2007, 06:34 PM
Is Ron Paul a magician?

Yes, he is....
THE AMAZING RONDO!

fez2008
12-31-2007, 06:37 PM

I see an idea for a TV ad.

adpierce
12-31-2007, 06:38 PM
Ron Paul losing is nothing special.

It simply means that Ron Paul has the avid support of a minority of the US population. And it means that the minority are living in the wrong country. ie: A smart minority living in a massively stupid nation destined to self-destruct very soon, dooming all its people to horrible excruciating death through some form of nuclear or bioweapon holocaust brought on themselves through the malicious greed of a few.

Are you willing to remain such a silent minority or will you rise up and leave the nation?or fight on?

I concur except without all the big red letters and stuff. Also I disagree with some kind of holocaust... this isn't I Am Legend or something. We've got the deck stacked against us, the media is trying to take every opportunity to marginalize Dr. Paul we've been doing a phenomenal job of getting the word out despite the circumstances but in a TV Tube saturated world it may be nearly impossible to get Dr. Paul elected. Maybe it's zero hour and I'm getting pessimistic living here in Iowa and seeing the only mention of Dr. Paul here being related to an arrest made outside Mr. Nice Guy Mike Huckabee's hq. The media here has already declared that it's down to either Huckabee, Romney, and rounding out the top three McCain. We've got to work infinitely harder as any other candidate's supporters to get our guy elected.

Carole
12-31-2007, 06:41 PM
Dr. Paul and the grassroots have pulled it off in spite of the MSM, in spite of derision, smears, slander, marginalizing, etc.

So I would say grassroots is a fairly large miracle as well.

I will vote for him even if I have to write him in.

Thanks everybody for all you do. :D

ChickenHawk
12-31-2007, 06:42 PM
Rabid enthusiastic support does not equal broad support. Other candidates appeal to a much broader demographic but those supporters may not do much more than show up to vote, but that is the key to winning.

I've seen candidates like Ron Paul come and go but always lose. This time seams different somehow. We will know in the next week or so. Ive got my fingers crossed.

Carole
12-31-2007, 06:44 PM
We are truly the informed minority :)

Prez4TheNet
12-31-2007, 06:50 PM
After talking with quite a few people in Iowa, Ron Paul just has a minority of support in the state. The Huckster is going to be crowned 1st place, Romney is coming in 2nd, 3rd is McCain and either 4th will goto Ron if he is lucky but a 5th place is surely viable.

I don't mean to sound pessimistic but don't get your hopes up. We are just a minority, a very enthusiastic minority, but just a minority. If we keep the movement going we will likely be able to make some changes in the next election or the one after.

I hope I am proven wrong but I honestly think that I won't

angrydragon
12-31-2007, 06:54 PM
The non-voters just haven't found Dr. Paul yet to cure their apathy.

IHaveaDream
12-31-2007, 06:54 PM
Someone has advised getting this list some wider visibility. I'm not up to speed on how to use the internet to make something go "viral". PR-USA.net was suggested. Any additional ideas?

pacelli
12-31-2007, 07:12 PM

Ron Paul is not a magician. A magician creates an illusion that appears to be real.

I agree with Mark Rushmore- the media has essentially created the illusion that Dr. Paul is a third party candidate who infiltrated the republican party.

All of the things that they have done to Dr. Paul mimics the way they would treat a third party candidate.

IHaveaDream
12-31-2007, 08:07 PM
I'm writing a brief article using the bullet points I listed. I'll submit it soon for some feedback. Thanks.

ItsTime
12-31-2007, 08:08 PM
after the 100s of honks the 100s of waves, the 100s of smiles as we sign waved last weekend. I have no doubt my area in New Hampshire will go Ron Paul