PDA

View Full Version : please check out my project

Petar
12-31-2007, 09:18 AM
The site will display a map of the 50 US States. Each State will display two figures. 1. Emails appearing in print 2. Direct responses appearing in print. Users will be directed to email their local newspapers with letters of support for Ron Paul. The user will then be directed to post that article + email address of that newspaper on the website for all to see, once it appears in print. Then, anyone browsing that post will be directed to write in to that newspaper to directly concur with the post, or to argue against anyone who is printed directly disagreeing, since the original poster will be directed to update the post whenever either of these types of messages are printed. This way, all of RPs online supporters across the nation can be organized into a national printed press consuming swarm, utilizing a simple member protocol directed from a central location.

Here's what's on the test server so far:

h ttp://letters4liberty.whsites.net/emailblast/usmap.iface

Here's a link to 10 images that represent the flow of the website:
http://www.mediafire.com/?dm1mmgldya9

The site is being coded using Java in Eclipse, and Hibernate is being used to generate the SQL tables for use with MySQL. An open source component library called IceFaces is also what we are using.

Here's a link to the project files:
http://www.mediafire.com/?drw9fvmyxdx

The site is maybe two-thirds done, and buggy. The original programmer does not have time to finish, so I am resorting to using a programmer in India since that's all that I can afford. The original programmer is still available for consultation, so that will be very helpful.

I've never built a website before, and I'm not exactly sure how things are gonna go with the new programmer, who was having troubles running the app and has been AWOL tonight. So if anyone wants to help out, that would be great.

I believe that once this project is complete, that it's going to help out this campaign in a profound way.

rpfan2008
12-31-2007, 09:25 AM
Great Idea Dude..

:)

intam77
12-31-2007, 09:27 AM
Great Idea Dude..

:)

+1

krzee
12-31-2007, 09:27 AM
The site will display a map of the 50 US States. Each State will display two figures. 1. Emails appearing in print 2. Direct responses appearing in print. Users will be directed to email their local newspapers with letters of support for Ron Paul. The user will then be directed to post that article + email address of that newspaper on the website for all to see, once it appears in print. Then, anyone browsing that post will be directed to write in to that newspaper to directly concur with the post, or to argue against anyone who is printed directly disagreeing. The original poster will be directed to update the post whenever either of these types of messages are printed. This way, all of RPs online supporters across the nation can be organized into a national printed press consuming swarm, utilizing a simple member protocol directed from a central location.

Here's what's on the test server so far:

h ttp://letters4liberty.whsites.net/emailblast/usmap.iface

Here's a link to 10 images that represent the flow of the website:
http://www.mediafire.com/?dm1mmgldya9

The site is being coded using Java in Eclipse, and Hibernate is being used to generate the SQL tables for use with MySQL

Here's a link to the project files:
http://www.mediafire.com/?drw9fvmyxdx

The site is maybe two-thirds done, and buggy. The original programmer does not have time to finish, so I am resorting to using a programmer in India since that's all that I can afford. The original programmer is still available for consultation, so that will be very helpful.

I've never built a website before, and I'm not exactly sure how things are gonna go with the new programmer, who was having troubles running the app and has been AWOL tonight. So if anyone wants to help out, that would be great.

I believe that once this project is complete, that it's going to help out this campaign in a profound way.

I like it! I hope you have checked out the help offered section of this page, there is some talented people here freely giving help to cool projects =]

hillertexas
12-31-2007, 09:28 AM
excellent idea

Petar
12-31-2007, 09:42 AM
Thanks for the encouragement, everyone. Now, hopefully I will find a good programmer to help.

intam77
12-31-2007, 10:12 AM
bump

Petar
12-31-2007, 04:45 PM
bump