PDA

View Full Version : News From NH

netzorro
12-31-2007, 12:32 AM
One of our Tyler, Texas MeetUp members went to NH Dec 15th to help canvess for Dr. Paul. He sent an e-mail report on whats going on there.
Enjoy!

Hi,

This is Jeff from the Lindale and Tyler meetups.

I've been in NH since 15 Dec. We do canvassing, phone banking, and sign waving. The sign waves that we do at the Mall of New Hampshire(also called Manchester Mall) are unbelievable! I've never heard so many horns at a sign wave. I have gone through whole packs of slim Jims in a short period of time. You can find video on You Tube of
these sign waves.

There are a number of people here from all over Texas. We also have a surprisingly large number of people from the west coast. CA, OR,and WA, are all well represented. I know of at least one ex-pat who returned to the US for OLFD.

I recently moved from a house in Rye, NH, to Gilford, NH. The latter is a more remote area where people are less involved in the presidential primary campaigning. In the small, out of the way town of Franklin, NH, on Dec 29th, we gave out 7 yard signs out of about 20-25 answered doors. We also met a number of people who had never heard of Ron Paul but liked his position on the issues.

We knock on the doors of people with other candidates' signs in their yards. We have removed John Edwards signs and replaced them with Ron Paul signs on request by the homeowner. Two days ago, a 4 x 8 Hillary sign was hauled down at the owners request and replaced with a Ron Paul sign. The support for opposition candidates tends to be paper thin. When confronted with the facts, many voters are flipped to Ron Paul.

Just today I left a slim Jim on a door while canvassing. The homeowner returned before we left the area and chased us down and said, "You'd better take this back before I through it in the trash." He was a Kucinich supporter who hates republicans. We talked on the street for about 10 minutes about the war, the corporations, and civil liberties. He left with a Ron Paul DVD and he said that if Ron Paul finishes in the top 3 in Iowa, he would
vote for him in the NH primary on Jan 8th.

One of the most effective tools that we have here has been the US Constitution. People in NH take the Constitution more seriously than do the people of any other state that I have seen. I have seen unregistered non-voters commit to register and vote for Ron Paul based on Ron Paul's support for the Constitution. We use the Cato Institute version which is a very nice copy with gold lettering on
the cover. It stands out sharply against the piles of mail from opposition candidates.

The impact on the ground of the OLFD grassroots volunteers has made an enormous impact. No other candidate has anything close to what we have. Yesterday in Franklin, NH, I saw a lone Hillary canvasser making her rounds through the same neighborhood that 4 Ron Paul canvassers were covering. This was in a small town with a total of ten Ron Paul canvassers. A week ago I saw a lone Obama canvasser who was competing against 6 Ron Paulers in a minivan.

At a recent sign wave at the Mall of New Hampshire, we had 25 sign wavers standing on three foot snow banks for 8-10 hours. Six college kids from Boston showed up waving signs for John McCain. They we not dressed for the cold weather, they were immature and undisciplined. One of the McCain girls was all but converted to Ron Paul on the issues of free-trade and the weak dollar--she was disagreeing with one of her fellow McCain sign wavers and agreeing with one of our guys (all while holding a little McCain sign). These kids were headed back to Boston after about an hour of standing on the snow banks.

If you are considering coming up to NH for the Ron Paul surge, I would encourage you to do it! It is a real blast and you can really make a difference here.

Live Free or Die!

Jeff

Indy Vidual
12-31-2007, 12:34 AM
Bump :)

LynnB
12-31-2007, 12:35 AM
Wtg!

tsetsefly
12-31-2007, 12:36 AM
great, thanks for the update, hope it pays off...

chiplitfam
12-31-2007, 12:36 AM
Awesome! Great Post. You guys are the best. Keep it up.

tonyTheBest
12-31-2007, 12:37 AM
cool

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-31-2007, 12:38 AM
That is so encouraging, keep up the great work.

yongrel
12-31-2007, 12:39 AM
win!

xexkxex
12-31-2007, 12:39 AM
I LOVE to read this kind of stuff!

.....Positive, positive, positive!!!

I am so sick of the negativity I keep reading.

Trigonx
12-31-2007, 12:43 AM
i smell victory

Trigonx
12-31-2007, 12:43 AM

QFT!!!!!!!!!!!

RonPaulVolunteer
12-31-2007, 12:45 AM
Gosh I wish i could come. ($!)

ronpaul4pres
12-31-2007, 12:46 AM
Thank you for the story! I love reading such posts. They're uplifting and encouraging.

Brad Zink
12-31-2007, 12:48 AM
The Ron Paul Revolution is in full force!

davidhperry
12-31-2007, 12:48 AM
We knock on the doors of people with other candidates' signs in their yards. We have removed John Edwards signs and replaced them with Ron Paul signs on request by the homeowner. Two days ago, a 4 x 8 Hillary sign was hauled down at the owners request and replaced with a Ron Paul sign. The support for opposition candidates tends to be paper thin. When confronted with the facts, many voters are flipped to Ron Paul.

I can attest to this as well. Awesome post.

hellah10
12-31-2007, 01:59 AM

+1

TheIndependent
12-31-2007, 02:06 AM
Keep in mind, many of these people are completely under the polling radar...

Ernest
12-31-2007, 02:07 AM
This is fantastic. The energy and exuberance is infectious.

netzorro
12-31-2007, 09:11 AM
bump

Tenbatsu
12-31-2007, 09:21 AM
This is how you win elections.

Ozwest
12-31-2007, 09:35 AM
Posts from on - the - ground workers in Iowa and New Hampshire are simply the best!

LizF
12-31-2007, 09:38 AM
Awesome thread/posting...thanks! :) :cool:

ItsTime
12-31-2007, 09:38 AM
I can back up what this says! We are getting the same reactions here in Lebanon area. Paul signs are popping up and at our sign waves people stop by to grab a sign or two and bumper stickers. It is amazing New Hampshire can be ours!

Eric21ND
12-31-2007, 09:52 AM
I love threads like this, and all the updates from Iowa and NH. Nothing beats news from the troops on the ground. :)

walt
12-31-2007, 09:54 AM
One of our Tyler, Texas MeetUp members went to NH Dec 15th to help canvess for Dr. Paul. He sent an e-mail report on whats going on there.
Enjoy!

Hi,

This is Jeff from the Lindale and Tyler meetups.

I've been in NH since 15 Dec. We do canvassing, phone banking, and sign waving. The sign waves that we do at the Mall of New Hampshire(also called Manchester Mall) are unbelievable! I've never heard so many horns at a sign wave. I have gone through whole packs of slim Jims in a short period of time. You can find video on You Tube of
these sign waves.

There are a number of people here from all over Texas. We also have a surprisingly large number of people from the west coast. CA, OR,and WA, are all well represented. I know of at least one ex-pat who returned to the US for OLFD.

I recently moved from a house in Rye, NH, to Gilford, NH. The latter is a more remote area where people are less involved in the presidential primary campaigning. In the small, out of the way town of Franklin, NH, on Dec 29th, we gave out 7 yard signs out of about 20-25 answered doors. We also met a number of people who had never heard of Ron Paul but liked his position on the issues.

Just today I left a slim Jim on a door while canvassing. The homeowner returned before we left the area and chased us down and said, "You'd better take this back before I through it in the trash." He was a Kucinich supporter who hates republicans. We talked on the street for about 10 minutes about the war, the corporations, and civil liberties. He left with a Ron Paul DVD and he said that if Ron Paul finishes in the top 3 in Iowa, he would
vote for him in the NH primary on Jan 8th.

One of the most effective tools that we have here has been the US Constitution. People in NH take the Constitution more seriously than do the people of any other state that I have seen. I have seen unregistered non-voters commit to register and vote for Ron Paul based on Ron Paul's support for the Constitution. We use the Cato Institute version which is a very nice copy with gold lettering on
the cover. It stands out sharply against the piles of mail from opposition candidates.

The impact on the ground of the OLFD grassroots volunteers has made an enormous impact. No other candidate has anything close to what we have. Yesterday in Franklin, NH, I saw a lone Hillary canvasser making her rounds through the same neighborhood that 4 Ron Paul canvassers were covering. This was in a small town with a total of ten Ron Paul canvassers. A week ago I saw a lone Obama canvasser who was competing against 6 Ron Paulers in a minivan.

At a recent sign wave at the Mall of New Hampshire, we had 25 sign wavers standing on three foot snow banks for 8-10 hours. Six college kids from Boston showed up waving signs for John McCain. They we not dressed for the cold weather, they were immature and undisciplined. One of the McCain girls was all but converted to Ron Paul on the issues of free-trade and the weak dollar--she was disagreeing with one of her fellow McCain sign wavers and agreeing with one of our guys (all while holding a little McCain sign). These kids were headed back to Boston after about an hour of standing on the snow banks.

If you are considering coming up to NH for the Ron Paul surge, I would encourage you to do it! It is a real blast and you can really make a difference here.

Live Free or Die!

Jeff

Put this in your emails to FOX!!!! :D

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
12-31-2007, 10:04 AM
The sign waves that we do at the Mall of New Hampshire(also called Manchester Mall) are unbelievable! I've never heard so many horns at a sign wave.

That's not just New Hampshire, either. Any of you guys want to pump yourself up? Get with a meetup group and attend or organize a sign wave.

I saw another post around here someplace where a sign waving group took yard signs with them to give away, along with a sign that said "free yard signs" or something like that. Hundreds of people took them up on the offer.

That's amazing, and we need more of it. It's how we beat the media, and it's how we have zero dependance on the media.

liberty_Forever
12-31-2007, 10:05 AM
This is great, it makes me so happy to see so many people really do support Constitutional government.

Let's keep growing our movement! Live Free or Die is a principle I'll never be able to forget.

Ozwest
12-31-2007, 10:11 AM
Have you seen this video from the guys on the ground in New Hampshire? These guys are having a blast! http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=-gCQKLqO_0k

LizF
12-31-2007, 10:12 AM
Have you seen this video from the guys on the ground in New Hampshire? These guys are having a blast! http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=-gCQKLqO_0k

Great stuff too! :)

OptionsTrader
12-31-2007, 10:13 AM
Awesome line:

Ozwest
12-31-2007, 10:16 AM
Great stuff too! :)
When you read threads like this, and watch videos like that, a lot of the negativity we've been seeing on this forum melts away.:)

Ozwest
12-31-2007, 10:20 AM
Here's another video from New Hampshire. Almost as good as the last one I posted. http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Find-Freedom.htm?At=028310

LizF
12-31-2007, 10:32 AM
When you read threads like this, and watch videos like that, a lot of the negativity we've been seeing on this forum melts away.:)

I agree. :)

Here's another video from New Hampshire. Almost as good as the last one I posted. http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Find-Freedom.htm?At=028310

Great group of folks! I hope the guy w/the injured finger is doing better. :eek:

walt
12-31-2007, 10:37 AM
Keep in mind that independents broke in droves for Paul Tsongas in 1992.

When converting a Democratic leaner...remember this quote from Paul Tsgonas' book "A Call to Economic Arms" http://www.cheslog.com/craig/parrhesia/tsongascall.html It should help conversions.

What our country needs is not just a President - but a
President with the necessary mandate. In many respects the
mandate to correctly change our course is more critical than
which party will oversee that change from the White House.

fuzzybekool
12-31-2007, 10:56 AM
bump

Ozwest
12-31-2007, 10:56 AM
:DHere's a positive article from todays New York Times. The MSM are beginning to cover their backsides. Revenge will be sweet!http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/12/31/new-hampshires-stealth-candidate/

LizF
12-31-2007, 11:11 AM
:DHere's a positive article from todays New York Times. The MSM are beginning to cover their backsides. Revenge will be sweet!http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/12/31/new-hampshires-stealth-candidate/

Great read! :) :cool:

Will you be posting this link to the News forum? (Things move fast there, but not quite as fast as in here).

walt
12-31-2007, 11:20 AM
bump

nist7
12-31-2007, 12:16 PM
sweet stuff!

Seattle4RonPaul
01-05-2008, 03:43 AM
Hey Guys,
Thank you for your hard work and for positive message!
Say hello to guys from WA state!

SigmaChiGuy
01-05-2008, 04:50 AM
Make sure at all the primary events of the other speakers of both parties and bring it up in your questions!!! Ask them according to the LA Times McCain is fine with us being in Iraq for 100 years. 50 more than Bush wants. How do you feel about that and what is your timetable? More or less than McCain's New 100 year war?

colecrowe
01-05-2008, 05:05 AM
NEVER stop bumping this. No actually, post more of the same in its place.

Thank you so much--how is OLFD doing on money?