PDA

View Full Version : New Issues Page Stinks - And Here is Why

BeFranklin
12-31-2007, 12:04 AM
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/

The new issues page on ronpaul2008.com was clearly made by someone in the campaign with little thought, because its burying one of the issues Ron Paul has been running on, and it is one of his most popular.

Cited again and again as the issue that most energizes supporters, Ron Paul's monetary policy and federal reserve system issues is completely missing from his main issues page! Furthermore, if you hunt around for his papers on the federal reserve system *sub*section, you find only a few, and one is a dated Enron paper...

On the front page however, it says one of the main issues Ron Paul is running on is no taxes for tips.
A main issue?! :rolleyes: [comment deleted before it was said..]

Monetary Policy according to the campaign itself has been one of the critical issues with grassroots. It makes us friends in high places and among business leaders. It continues to energize grass roots supports. I have seen no less then 4 projects started that brought the money issue into it in the last few days. The newyearstimes project's video has it. The franklin money bomb has a tie in. A recent video I just watched from another Ron Paul supporter has it (posted below, thanks, just watched it), and a project I've been working on has it. So while someone in the campaign is trying to herd Ron Paul into a "safer issue" (no taxes on tips!?!!), I think a lot of us are thinking we need to talk about it more!!

http://causeoffreedom.blogspot.com/2007/12/69-ron-paul-house-of-cards-nails-it-on.html

The issue page needs the monetary policy and federal reserve system put back as a key issue.

Edit: It doesn't even make sense. Here is what the first paragraph says:

Congressman Ron Paul (R-Texas) is the leading advocate for freedom in our nation’s capital. As a member of the U.S. House of Representatives, Dr. Paul tirelessly works for limited constitutional government, low taxes, free markets, and a return to sound monetary policies. He is known among his congressional colleagues and his constituents for his consistent voting record. Dr. Paul never votes for legislation unless the proposed measure is expressly authorized by the Constitution.

Now try to find it on the first page without pecking around sub-pages.

JPFromTally
12-31-2007, 12:05 AM
I do like the Flash of RP though!

I do agree with you in the sense that the campaign has admitted that the Federal Reserve is one of Ron's biggest "applause lines."

PimpBlimp
12-31-2007, 12:07 AM
I suggest contacting HQ with these concerns

Joe3113
12-31-2007, 12:08 AM
n00bs don't understand the federal reserve and it's a bit late to try and explain it....at least for Iowa and NH

mexicanpizza
Wonder how many people you could've influenced in real life in the time you spent typing that complaint? 10?

0zzy
Monetary policy was the first thing I saw. :S

yongrel
12-31-2007, 12:09 AM
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/

The new issues page on ronpaul2008.com was clearly made by someone in the campaign with little thought, because its burying one of the issues Ron Paul has been running on, and it is one of his most popular.

Cited again and again as the issue that most energizes supporters, Ron Paul's monetary policy and federal reserve system issues is completely missing from his main issues page! Furthermore, if you hunt around for his papers on the federal reserve system *sub*section, you find only a few, and one is a dated Enron paper...

On the front page however, it says one of the main issues Ron Paul is running on is no taxes for tips.
A main issue?! :rolleyes: [comment deleted before it was said..]

Monetary Policy according to the campaign itself has been one of the critical issues with grassroots. It makes us friends in high places and among business leaders. It continues to energize grass roots supports. I have seen no less then 4 projects started that brought the money issue into it in the last few days. The newyearstimes project's video has it. The franklin money bomb has a tie in. A recent video I just watched from another Ron Paul supporter has it (posted below, thanks, just watched it), and a project I've been working on has it. So while someone in the campaign is trying to herd Ron Paul into a "safer issue" (no taxes on tips!?!!), I think a lot of us are thinking we need to talk about it more!!

http://causeoffreedom.blogspot.com/2007/12/69-ron-paul-house-of-cards-nails-it-on.html

The issue page needs the monetary policy and federal reserve system put back as a key issue.

Edit: It doesn't even make sense. Here is what the first paragraph says:

Congressman Ron Paul (R-Texas) is the leading advocate for freedom in our nation’s capital. As a member of the U.S. House of Representatives, Dr. Paul tirelessly works for limited constitutional government, low taxes, free markets, and a return to sound monetary policies. He is known among his congressional colleagues and his constituents for his consistent voting record. Dr. Paul never votes for legislation unless the proposed measure is expressly authorized by the Constitution.

Now try to find it on the first page without pecking around sub-pages on the right.

Of all the things to get your panties in a wad about, you choose this?

Ronin
12-31-2007, 12:10 AM
I share your concern, but unfortunately the average voter may not even know what the Fed is. It is a little dummied down, but those that realize this are the ones that will research further. All the rest won't know the difference. That's the theory IMO.

ChristopherJ
12-31-2007, 12:11 AM
1) Is there a reason you couldn't put this in the original thread?

2) why do some people tear down everything the campaign does?

thusspeaks
12-31-2007, 12:12 AM
there it is ... and in the main video ron paul mentions the federal reserve.

and then when you click the debt and taxes issue the federal reserve is listed and ron paul talks about the inflation tax in the video...

don't waste the campaigns time for this post ... maybe it was posted some other time? I don't know why the poster would post this.

BeFranklin

If you choose an insult instead of debating any of my reasons, I guess I'm right.

His monetary policy is mentioned in the first paragraph, and not even clearly listed on the side (choose federal reserve). This is very bad design.

Now, I've given you my reason again. For calling me a name, I think you are a low class jerk.

Abobo
He talks about in in "Debt and Taxes"
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/debt-and-taxes/

BeFranklin
12-31-2007, 12:13 AM
n00bs don't understand the federal reserve and it's a bit late to try and explain it....at least for Iowa and NH

So lets make Ron Paul run like all the other candidates. Pretty silly to change what is working.

yongrel
12-31-2007, 12:13 AM
If you choose an insult instead of debating any of my reasons, I guess I'm right.

His monetary policy is mentioned in the first paragraph, and not even clearly listed on the side (choose federal reserve). This is very bad design.

Now, I've given you my reason again. For calling me a name, I think you are a low class jerk.

Well, I am a low class jerk.

BeFranklin
12-31-2007, 12:14 AM
Wonder how many people you could've influenced in real life in the time you spent typing that complaint? 10?

I spent about 2 minutes typing that. That isn't even a conversation. I write fast, I've come to realize most people don't.

BeFranklin
12-31-2007, 12:16 AM
I share your concern, but unfortunately the average voter may not even know what the Fed is. It is a little dummied down, but those that realize this are the ones that will research further. All the rest won't know the difference. That's the theory IMO.

I understand the reasoning. Its poor reasoning though. It treats people like they have no intelligence, which is, imho, why people have been liking Ron Paul.

Ron Paul needs to stop hiring political hacks. I know, we see this complaint all the time on the board, and grassroots seems to do a lot.

dircha
12-31-2007, 12:16 AM

I'll give you that. We here really need to get out of the habit of starting new threads on topics that already have several, just because we want to get our own comment shoved to the front and seen. The other big problem is people not reading threads before posting in them.

BeFranklin
12-31-2007, 12:17 AM

2) why do some people tear down everything the campaign does?

Ron Paul doesn't need Yes men.

The design is terrible for the reasons I already pointed out.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
12-31-2007, 12:17 AM
That flash video thing is very cool!!

BeFranklin
12-31-2007, 12:18 AM
there it is ... and in the main video ron paul mentions the federal reserve.

and then when you click the debt and taxes issue the federal reserve is listed and ron paul talks about the inflation tax in the video...

don't waste the campaigns time for this post ... maybe it was posted some other time? I don't know why the poster would post this.

I didn't ask anyone to email the campaign about this. Lol. Ron Paul doesn't need Yes men though.

austin356
12-31-2007, 12:18 AM
If Federal Reserve is your main issue your campaign = fringe

They are running a PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN. Not appeal to 1% of the population who does not like the Fed campaign.

That does not mean he has to ignore the issue though.

BeFranklin
12-31-2007, 12:19 AM
He talks about in in "Debt and Taxes"
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/debt-and-taxes/

So paper money and the federal reserve isn't even listed on the front page? That is what I said. You have to hunt for it.

angrydragon
12-31-2007, 12:20 AM
My brother, who I got to support Dr. Paul, thought the dollar was backed by gold. I think like Dr. Paul's colleagues (in his economic committee and congress) and a lot of other people still think the dollar is backed by gold.

The thing that won him over...nuclear energy.

Oh and he loves the new immigration ad, agree with all of it.

You could say he's sorta of a neo-con thinker with a tree-hugger bent, but didn't like Rudy, Mitt, Fred, Mike, etc, and was going to vote third-party.

BeFranklin
12-31-2007, 12:22 AM
If Federal Reserve is your main issue your campaign = fringe

They are running a PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN. Not appeal to 1% of the population who does not like the Fed campaign.

That does not mean he has to ignore the issue though.

So you're calling Ron Paul fringe because the whole reason he got into politics was the money issue!!

Or riddle me this. Anyone that is on these boards and believes the exactly the same thing as Ron Paul did for 30 years is going to be called "fringe" by all these Yes men?

austin356
12-31-2007, 12:23 AM
I understand the reasoning. Its poor reasoning though. It treats people like the have no intelligence, which is, imho, why people have been liking Ron Paul.

Ron Paul needs to stop hiring political hacks. I know, we see this complaint all the time on the board, and grassroots seems to do a lot.

You ever wondered why Libertarians have never gained any traction in this country?

This is why. We get caught up promoting these issues (Fed/Drugs/etc) instead of promoting our stances on mainstream issues.

Ron Paul has been the first libertarian to gain traction in this nation because he has concentrated on mainstream issues (foreign policy and fiscal policy) and when he does talk about non mainstream issues it is always in relation to mainstream issues.

I am sorry. I want us to have political power. I am willing to be a bit more mainstream in order to achieve it. Again sorry for compromising.

austin356
12-31-2007, 12:24 AM
So you're calling Ron Paul fringe because the whole reason he got into politics was the money issue!!

Or riddle me this. Anyone that is on these boards and believes the exactly the same thing as Ron Paul did for 30 years is going to be called "fringe" by all these Yes men?

Yea Ron Paul is fringe. I am fringe.

Anytime you are the only one who talks about something you are fringe. Being fringe typically means you are right, but being right does not win elections.

BeFranklin
12-31-2007, 12:25 AM
I'll give you that. We here really need to get out of the habit of starting new threads on topics that already have several, just because we want to get our own comment shoved to the front and seen. The other big problem is people not reading threads before posting in them.

This is a different topic. Its specifically about one issue, and I was planning to post more on it in the thread before I was ambushed by Yes men.

Ron Paul doesn't need Yes men or group think, he really doesn't.

Abobo
12-31-2007, 12:25 AM
So paper money and the federal reserve isn't even listed on the front page? That is what I said. You have to hunt for it.

Most people aren't looking for information about the federal reserve. The vast majority of people just want something about the economy. If they had a section about the FED I'm sure some people would skip it -- it's better to include it in a general category and introduce people to the idea of a stable currency.

yongrel
12-31-2007, 12:26 AM
This is a different topic. Its specifically about one issue, and I was planning to post more on it in the thread before I was ambushed by Yes men.

Ron Paul doesn't need Yes men or group think, he really doesn't.

Nor does he need oodles of negativity.

BeFranklin
12-31-2007, 12:26 AM
That flash video thing is very cool!!

I'll look at it as soon as I have time. I wasn't expecting so much response, or such a groupy yes men responses. Was expecting a more thoughtful, very slow moving thread.

austin356
12-31-2007, 12:29 AM
Most people aren't looking for information about the federal reserve. The vast majority of people just want something about the economy. If they had a section about the FED I'm sure some people would skip it -- it's better to include it in a general category and introduce people to the idea of a stable currency.

Exactly!!

I think they should have a section on it. Just as long as it is tied in with the economy section.

BeFranklin
12-31-2007, 12:30 AM
Ron Paul has been the first libertarian to gain traction in this nation because he has concentrated on mainstream issues (foreign policy and fiscal policy) and when he does talk about non mainstream issues it is always in relation to mainstream issues.

I am sorry. I want us to have political power. I am willing to be a bit more mainstream in order to achieve it. Again sorry for compromising.

That is what this thread is about. Fiscal policy - monetary policy isn't directly linked on the issues page. If that is one of the mainstream issues you mention, the page is poorly designed and worded.

And it is. Monetary policy is mentioned right in the first paragraph as being key. Find it linked with key issues.

No taxes on tips is listed. Most people will find that to be pandering.

austin356
12-31-2007, 12:30 AM
I'll look at it as soon as I have time. I wasn't expecting so much response, or such a groupy yes men responses. Was expecting a more thoughtful, very slow moving thread.

Calling Ron Paul supporters "Yes Men" is absurd.

yongrel
12-31-2007, 12:31 AM
Calling Ron Paul supporters "Yes Men" is absurd.

I thought something similar.

robert4rp08
12-31-2007, 12:31 AM
I agree with you, but it doesn't make the entire page "stink".

xexkxex
12-31-2007, 12:32 AM
Its funny....I read the title of this thread before I clicked on it and said.."I bet the person who started this negative thread is on my ignore list."

.....what do ya know.....:rolleyes:

I can't see the posts....but unfortunately the threads are still available to be clicked on so I can waste my time.

......The mods should change that. The ignore list should cover everything the user creates. If it is possible of course.;)

BeFranklin
12-31-2007, 12:34 AM
Yea Ron Paul is fringe. I am fringe.

Anytime you are the only one who talks about something you are fringe. Being fringe typically means you are right, but being right does not win elections.

I think you need more faith in people. For a free society to work, you have to be able to convince people. People are convincable, and most of them don't like the present system.

Its not that the people are bad, its the decadent in-boy political system and media that prevents them from ever learning anything new or organizing.

I *guarantee* you they will never hear anything if you don't put it on your issues page. In that case, you don't need a bad media or crooked politics, you've already lost.

STAY THE COURSE.

RonPaulVolunteer
12-31-2007, 12:34 AM
the audio is BAD at times, but I LOVE it...

yongrel
12-31-2007, 12:35 AM
Its funny....I read the title of this thread before I clicked on it and said.."I bet the person who started this negative thread is on my ignore list."

I can't see the posts....but unfortunately the threads are still available to be clicked on so I can waste my time.

......The mods should change that. The ignore list should cover everything the user creates. If it is possible of course.;)

haha

Abobo
12-31-2007, 12:37 AM

OK, I understand now. Having a different opinion than you makes me a "yes man". So I guess if I just agreed with everything you said I'd be a thinker. Yes. That makes perfect sense.:rolleyes:

Delain
I spent about 2 minutes typing that. That isn't even a conversation. I write fast, I've come to realize most people don't.

And how much time did you spend on coming up with the title?

BeFranklin
I thought something similar.

Was that before or after you insulted me instead of answering one point? Or was it the messages that said we should all be the same, and someone thinking different was being negative. You've personally have posted at least 3 messages on this thread, and haven't debated or suggested a point yet. Something for you to think about.

Ron Paul doesn't need yes men.

BeFranklin
12-31-2007, 12:38 AM
And how much time did you spend on coming up with the title?

Less then 3 seconds. The here's why part has become a bit of a joke around here, so that is why it is in there.

Delain
12-31-2007, 12:41 AM
Less then 3 seconds. The here's why part has become a bit of a joke around here, so that is why it is in there.

I think you are the joke. That took me less then 2 seconds.

Abobo
12-31-2007, 12:42 AM
I *guarantee* you they will never hear anything if you don't put it on your issues page.

It IS in the dammed page! You're making this giant fuss just because they didn't make it its own section? He talks about it for nearly half the video in the one about debt ( The FIRST one on the page ).

You create all this drama, all this name calling, just because you don't like the way they grouped things?

austin356

Kidding right?

99% of the population is yes men. We need support of 6% to win the nomination and ~30% to win the general.

Ron Paul does need yes men if he wants to be remembered in the history books.

BeFranklin
I agree with you, but it doesn't make the entire page "stink".

I think it needs to be re-done, and not every reason I gave relates to the main reason I posted this - and I thought about posting something like this the other day when I first saw it.

There are too many issues. Its confusing, and some don't relate right back to the first paragraph, which should capture the readers attention and lead them into it. For instance, the monetary policy is in the first paragraph, but hard to find. The no taxes on tips is a minor issue and could be moved to a sub-topic since there are so many (I'm beginning to suspect the no taxes on tips is someones pet suggestion at HQ, I mean come-on!!)

Nix
12-31-2007, 12:44 AM
The concept and implementation is great.

But,

like a lot of you I think it should be more polished, NOT scripted though. Dr. Paul should have (and still could) look over his initial video response, collect his thoughts and do it again.

Sometimes it might have to be done more than once but in the end it'd probably come off much more stronger, still sincere, but more collected.

Some of the pages are really good the way they are, though.

AND, I kind of think he needs to address more issues in the intro. Atleast recognize them as important to him. He needs to show that he directly cares about them right than, even if it just means listing them.

Hopefully HQ will do a few more takes and polish it up. [Could someone get this concern to them?] We need to think about the millions of voters that will come across the site when Ron Paul shocks in Iowa and New Hampshire.

EDIT: Like it's been posted in previous threads, he should get some solid figures on areas like the income tax to convince people he does have a solid plan and he'll come off stronger.

BeFranklin
12-31-2007, 12:44 AM

I could only be on xexkxex's ignore list for posting questions about the blimp, and since then I believe he's said similar things :rolleyes:

But still, if you don't like what someone says, and you don't want to honestly take another position and discuss it, yes, just ignore them.

BeFranklin
12-31-2007, 12:46 AM
haha

5 messages, no content.

Ron Paul doesn't need yes men. That in itself would help his campaign. :p

yongrel
12-31-2007, 12:47 AM
Was that before or after you insulted me instead of answering one point? Or was it the messages that said we should all be the same, and someone thinking different was being negative. You've personally have posted at least 3 messages on this thread, and haven't debated or suggested a point yet. Something for you to think about.

Here are my opinions of this thread and the issue discussed (itemized, for your viewing pleasure):

1: You are making a mountain out of a molehill. The Fed and monetary policy, while important to you, is not a mainstream issue. The absence of a dedicated video on the front page is not enough to condemn the entire section.

2: Despite what you claim, you never wanted a debate about your position. You have dismissed all opinions opposite your own as the words of "yes men."

3: You wrote this post and started this thread expecting a flood of posts that sound something like this: "+1" "Yeah, the page is shitty" "agreed" so on and so forth. You acted dismissively and condescendingly when this was not the reaction you recieved.

4: In the grand scheme of things, this matters not one iota. I am ashamed of myself for even dedicating this many neurons to the discussion of this. The page is fine, and any qualms that one may have are minor and do not warrant blanket condemnation.

5: This thread has motivated me to learn how to use the Ignore function on this forum.

BeFranklin
12-31-2007, 12:50 AM
OK, I understand now. Having a different opinion than you makes me a "yes man". So I guess if I just agreed with everything you said I'd be a thinker. Yes. That makes perfect sense.:rolleyes:

Have you actually discussed any of the points? Very few people have on this thread.

A way to have a right discussion takes time. You consider rather you agree or disagree, and make arguments for what you believe. That is discussion, necessary for a good society.

A wrong way to have a discussion is to not take time to think, and write one line sentences. Insult the original poster, say we have to think like everyone else thinks, talk about appeal and appearance instead of truth and substance, and accuse the poster of being negativity if he doesn't agree with the "group" (group here being defined as whoever is on the side of the biggest insulter).

That is trying to build group consenses the wrong way. Its being a Yes man, and generates nothing good.

Trigonx
I think the new issues page is quite unique, Ron Paul speaking to people has a much heavier effect than reading about the issue.

xexkxex
Hey guys....if you like this thread, I just created another thread and took a huge sh!t in it.

...come check it out when your done here. ;)....you will absolutely be wasting your time.

....ok, I'll leave...:D

PS - The ignore list ROCKS!

BeFranklin
12-31-2007, 12:53 AM
I think you are the joke. That took me less then 2 seconds.

Less then 3 seconds is less then 2 seconds. I am conservative.

Please avoid insulting me for no reason.

Troyhand
12-31-2007, 12:54 AM
Hey guys....if you like this thread, I just created another thread and took a huge sh!t in it.

...come check it out when your done here. ;)....you will absolutely be wasting your time.

....ok, I'll leave...:D

PS - The ignore list ROCKS!

LOL
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=68442

the list:

Someone who attacks with a post count in the single digits. If someone with a post count of 1 or 2 is ranting, that's all they came here to do. This also might be an "established" user who has created an alternate account in order to rant about something or personally attack another user without "outting" their other username.

Posts along the lines of: "I almost had my friend converted to Dr. Paul, then they asked me about [this]" - (insert outrageous/untrue smear of Dr. Paul here). Sometimes this is a legit question and sometimes it's a troll fishing to stir up something.

No matter how many posts they have, they are continuously and habitually negative/tearing others down/etc. These are the demoralizers. Some are trolls who intentionally do it and some do it without realizing it.

Don't assume people with high post counts are "friendlies." This is a large and busy forum and it's fairly easy to inflate your post count by bumping or doing a lot of meaningless "filler" posts. Some trolls are very patient and have been establishing reputations here over the course of weeks/months only to start trouble when it counts (like in the few days before elections). Just because they have several hundred posts or more does not mean they've "proven" themselves.

Someone who advocates violence or other things (illegal or otherwise) that are incongruent with the ideals that Dr. Paul espouses.

They threaten to Not vote/support/donate for (insert petty issue here)!

Mod-alert any threads that are overly provocative. E.g, negative threads being created by the same users. It's better than arguing and creating problems. Use good judgement.

BeFranklin
12-31-2007, 12:55 AM
It IS in the dammed page! You're making this giant fuss just because they didn't make it its own section? He talks about it for nearly half the video in the one about debt ( The FIRST one on the page ).

You create all this drama, all this name calling, just because you don't like the way they grouped things?

If I couldn't find it, and its not text, its a bad design. I'm even being objective. There are books on web design, and that is a bad design.

BeFranklin
12-31-2007, 12:56 AM
LOL
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=68442

So if enough people tear me down, I'm also to blame?

Thanks. You are unjust.

Thanehand
12-31-2007, 12:56 AM
Are you kidding? The new issues section is awesome!

On the surface it looks simple (which is good), albeit a little overwhelming with so many choices. But the absolute most brilliant part of the whole thing is when you dig deeper. You get RON ... TALKING TO YOU ... ON EACH SUBJECT MATTER ... IN HIS USUAL, HUMBLE SELF!

To the average American, this is going to be knock-your-socks-off incredible. It's like your own personal conversation with him, and SO much more entertaining than reading all the text on the page. You get to see his emotion and inflections, and even his imperfect speech.

He has instantly become more of a man delivering a message instead of a website preaching about how great someone is.

This absolutely makes me want to send everyone DIRECTLY to the issues page.

Joe Schwartz
12-31-2007, 12:59 AM
BeFranklin, did you watch the Flash video on the Debt & Taxes page?

BeFranklin
12-31-2007, 01:01 AM
Are you kidding? The new issues section is awesome!

On the surface it looks simple (which is good), albeit a little overwhelming with so many choices. But the absolute most brilliant part of the whole thing is when you dig deeper. You get RON ... TALKING TO YOU ... ON EACH SUBJECT MATTER ... IN HIS USUAL, HUMBLE SELF!

To the average American, this is going to be knock-your-socks-off incredible. It's like your own personal conversation with him, and SO much more entertaining than reading all the text on the page. You get to see his emotion and inflections, and even his imperfect speech.

He has instantly become more of a man delivering a message instead of a website preaching about how great someone is.

This absolutely makes me want to send everyone DIRECTLY to the issues page.

Its nice that they have a lot of his writing up there, however that is something else I noticed, it wasn't always his best.

Lewrockwell has a better collection, and many of the articles are better then the ones chosen for the campaign site. For instance,
choosing the Enron article for the Federal Reserve section made no sense.

I'd like all of Ron Paul's writings up on his site too.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/#art2

austin356
12-31-2007, 01:01 AM
I wish we had a "bury" feature on these forums.

Karsten
12-31-2007, 01:04 AM
The campaign can do no right with some of you!

Abobo
Have you actually discussed any of the points? Very few people have on this thread.

Yes I did discus the point. Or tried to even though I was being called a "yes man" for disagreeing with you.

It boils down to the fact that it IS there. It IS talked about. You just think it should have its own section. Fine. But do you really need to create all this drama and insult so many people just because you don't like how they sorted things?

BeFranklin
The concept and implementation is great.

But,

like a lot of you I think it should be more polished, NOT scripted though. Dr. Paul should have (and still could) look over his initial video response, collect his thoughts and do it again.

Sometimes it might have to be done more than once but in the end it'd probably come off much more stronger, still sincere, but more collected.

Some of the pages are really good the way they are, though.

AND, I kind of think he needs to address more issues in the intro. Atleast recognize them as important to him. He needs to show that he directly cares about them right than, even if it just means listing them.

Hopefully HQ will do a few more takes and polish it up. [Could someone get this concern to them?] We need to think about the millions of voters that will come across the site when Ron Paul shocks in Iowa and New Hampshire.

EDIT: Like it's been posted in previous threads, he should get some solid figures on areas like the income tax to convince people he does have a solid plan and he'll come off stronger.

I agree with a lot of this, and like the campaign HQ site as well. I'm sorry if my title somehow attracted a lot of trolls to this thread. I tried changing it, but it didn't work.

BeFranklin
12-31-2007, 01:05 AM
I wish we had a "bury" feature on these forums.

Sort of like a Yes! (or no) function?

I wish we had a bury function too..:D

yongrel
12-31-2007, 01:05 AM
Yes I did discus the point. Or tried to even though I was being called a "yes man" for disagreeing with you.

It boils down to the fact that it IS there. It IS talked about. You just think it should have its own section. Fine. But do you really need to create all this drama and insult so many people just because you don't like how they sorted things?

BeFranklin was just hoping for 3 pages of people saying "The OP is brilliant! The new issues pages blows!"

And when that's not the response he got, he called us "Yes men." Lovely.

BeFranklin
12-31-2007, 01:07 AM
BeFranklin was just hoping for 3 pages of people saying "The OP is brilliant! The new issues pages blows!"

And when that's not the response he got, he called us "Yes men." Lovely.

The very first message you wrote in after the fifth response was highly derogating, with no discussion. I don't find your message very honest.

BeFranklin
12-31-2007, 01:08 AM
Kidding right?

99% of the population is yes men. We need support of 6% to win the nomination and ~30% to win the general.

Ron Paul does need yes men if he wants to be remembered in the history books.

I think you need to have more faith in people.

yongrel
12-31-2007, 01:10 AM
The very first message you wrote in the first five responses was highly derogating, with no discussion. I don't find your message very honest.

Haha, it was meant to be. But I already posted my argument, and you conspicuously ignored it. Stop playing the martyr.

BeFranklin
12-31-2007, 01:13 AM
BeFranklin, did you watch the Flash video on the Debt & Taxes page?

If I ever get out of this self created purgatory called a thread.

If the video is good, as a few people have said, that is good, but kindof re-enforces what I'm saying - if you have it in the first paragraph and on the video, you need it in the front page section too! You can move some of that other stuff out, its too much.

BeFranklin
12-31-2007, 01:15 AM
The campaign can do no right with some of you!

If we all agreed 100% of the time, we'd all be yes men :rolleyes:

I obviously like the campaign very much. If I wasn't reading Paul's writings, I wouldn't have noticed what I'm talking about, or said I wish it was better organized.

adwads
12-31-2007, 01:16 AM
I love how his head pops out of the page

BeFranklin
12-31-2007, 01:17 AM
BeFranklin was just hoping for 3 pages of people saying "The OP is brilliant! "

I'm always hoping for that :D

The new issues pages blows!"

I'd like to see it even better, and made I think some small suggestions, probably not worthy of all this attention.

BeFranklin
12-31-2007, 01:20 AM
Haha, it was meant to be. But I already posted my argument, and you conspicuously ignored it. Stop playing the martyr.

Look again. You didn't post an argument. Your first message was a 1 line insult, right after the 5th message on this thread.

BeFranklin
12-31-2007, 01:21 AM

Yongrel's first post. Quoted 2-3 paragraphs of reasons I believe what I do, with this response.

Ron Paul doesn't need this. People need to be able to have different opinions.

BeFranklin
12-31-2007, 01:25 AM
I love how his head pops out of the page

Graphics seems well liked by many on this thread (everyone that has actually posted anything).

I'm a text person myself. I read all the time, and that is what I think needs improving. Think it could be. Was going to post a bibliography of Ron Paul's writing on monetary issues. Seems pointless now, thread has been cluttered.

Thanehand
12-31-2007, 01:55 AM
I'm a text person myself. I read all the time, and that is what I think needs improving. Think it could be. Was going to post a bibliography of Ron Paul's writing on monetary issues. Seems pointless now, thread has been cluttered.

I've run a number of usability studies on various websites over the last 10 years and I can assure you, a majority of people do NOT read what's on the screen. In fact, you have to be careful about how much text is on the page because people can react negatively (sometimes amazingly so) when there is too much verbiage.

Those that say they do read actually do more of a "skim-reading." This is, in part, due to the fact that reading on the screen is much slower than reading from paper.

The rest of the individual types usually don't read at all and instead gravitate towards links or buttons that look like they might do something they want. Only when they feel satisfied that they've arrived where they want do they start "skim-reading," and even then, if they don't see what they're looking for fairly quickly, it's off to find another link or button that might yield better results.

That's why I said previously that the videos at the top are awesome. Much more digestible for the average web visitor.

Inverted pyramids (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inverted_pyramid) help, but I can't imagine trying to rewrite all of Dr. Paul's papers in that format ;)