PDA

View Full Version : i read the "23 million" by HQ differently than others i think..

matthylland
12-30-2007, 11:55 PM
In the latest email, it is mentioned that HQ would need 23 million more to run adds in more states.
I read this differently...I didn't immediately think, "man, we need a money bomb"...i read it as a "if everyone tells everyone about Ron Paul, keeps this grassroots thing going, we can do what other campaigns need to spend 23 million to do"

Dont get me wrong, every dollar helps the campaign. But I think door-to-doors, getting on the radio, getting on tv, talking to your tv repairman IN ADDITION to campaign radio adds is what we need.

No other candidate has people willing to do this for them, we need to capitalize on that.

A personal meeting with someone will have more effect that a radio ad.

kutibah
12-31-2007, 12:09 AM
Why not both? Bombard them with ads AND meetings. The ads build up some knowledge of the candidate to people and make them easier to target. Many people come up to me when I hand out slim jims at rallies and say they've heard of him but want more info. The ads are a good setup for the rallies!