PDA

View Full Version : Keep it Up Floridians! Our efforts are being recognized-media polls questioned

Cindy
12-30-2007, 11:30 PM
http://www.usadaily.com/article.cfm?articleID=212695

Paul gaining ground in Florida
Maple Brown
Published 12/30/2007 - 1:36 p.m. EST

There are tangible signs on the ground that Ron Paul presidential campaign is gaining support in Florida. There is noticeably an increase in yard signs on residences and bumper stickers on automobiles in the Sunshine State that are supportive of Ron Paul.

There have also been increased incidences of Paul supporters in various cities having mini rallies holding up Ron Paul signs at busy intersections. Paul supporters had a highly visible presence at several intersections in the South Western Florida city of Cape Coral yesterday. The city has been noted as one of the fastest growing cities with a population over 100,000 people.

Florida is a very diverse state yet Paul’s support seems evident across the state. Home made signs are popping up in rural areas and highly concentrated areas along the coasts. It seems apparent that for whatever reasons Paul’s support is not being registered in media generated polls.

Florida does not have an income tax so Paul’s message of eliminating federal income taxes may be effective. The state is also a right to carry state which may aid a candidate like Paul that is strongly in favor of the second amendment.

There may also be another issue that is driving support for Paul in Florida. The state has been devastated by a housing collapse. Paul has been very critical of the Federal Reserve and has blamed the Fed for creating an inflated housing market leading to the current crash.

Rudy Giuliani has made Florida a must win state for his campaign. His hope has been to win the state then take that momentum with him into Super Tuesday. In this fluid race anything can happen. It is starting to look like Paul’s campaign is going to give Giuliani a run for his money.

DirtMcGirt
12-30-2007, 11:32 PM
let's keep that blimp flying down there!!!!

Cindy
12-30-2007, 11:48 PM
let's keep that blimp flying down there!!!!

It can make a difference as I think things have shifted alot here over the last 4 weeks and I do beleive now in the strong ability for Paul to creat quite an upset in the Florida primary this January 29th.

Please, no one assume Giuliani has this state locked up. His supporters here found the key. We just need a little more help getting it into that lock now. The blimp staying in the air here, continued efforts and HQ running some comercials and radio ads, as well as some visits from Paul in mid-late January may be all that is left needed for Paul to take Florida.

NerveShocker
12-30-2007, 11:50 PM
Amazing the same thing happened in South Carolina when the blimp went there.. The blimp definitely is having an impact..

xexkxex
12-30-2007, 11:53 PM
DIGG IT!

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_gaining_ground_in_Florida

:D

hillertexas
12-30-2007, 11:53 PM
Amazing...dugg

Arklatex
12-30-2007, 11:56 PM
Explains that car I seen the other day with Florida tags sportin that Ron Paul sticker. Half the way across the country.

Gtex
12-31-2007, 12:01 AM
Dugg

Cindy
12-31-2007, 12:02 AM
Thanks for adding the Digg page.;)

Here are my two favorite lines from that report that should have put a BIG:D on everyones face-

Seems apparent that for whatever reasons, Paul’s support is not being registered in media generated polls.

It is starting to look like Paul’s campaign is going to give Giuliani a run for his money.

I've been saying it for months here that the more we get signs out, people wearing his T shirts and signage on their cars, the more people will just have to question the validity of the media driven polls.

Nice to see that happening now..haha!!!

daniroyer
12-31-2007, 12:20 AM
That is GREAT to hear! We're busting our asses down here.

We covered Hialeah in signs last night and you can't drive through Kendall without seeing them. As soon as I can get a few good men (one girl can't do it alone), Florida City to Cutler Ridge will be covered too. *cackles*

Cindy
12-31-2007, 12:25 AM
That is GREAT to hear! We're busting our asses down here.

We covered Hialeah in signs last night and you can't drive through Kendall without seeing them. As soon as I can get a few good men (one girl can't do it alone), Florida City to Cutler Ridge will be covered too. *cackles*

GHreat to hear!!!:)

We have been busting butt down hear. Hubby and I just got another 75 Lawn signs out about town (east bradenton) over the last 5 nights and have 25 more to do over the next 3.

The Clear water group just had another HUGE sign/banner making party. They already must have thousands out there.

daniroyer
12-31-2007, 12:49 AM
GHreat to hear!!!:)

We have been busting butt down hear. Hubby and I just got another 75 Lawn signs out about town (east bradenton) over the last 5 nights and have 25 more to do over the next 3.

The Clear water group just had another HUGE sign/banner making party. They already must have thousands out there.

I really wish I was able to do more. I have two small kids and my husband needs the car to get to work, so I'm stuck. I'm going to start walking the immediate area with my kids and put up signs during the day (and maybe some door-to-door). Thank goodness my kids think this part of campaigning is fun.

Cindy
12-31-2007, 12:54 AM
I really wish I was able to do more. I have two small kids and my husband needs the car to get to work, so I'm stuck. I'm going to start walking the immediate area with my kids and put up signs during the day (and maybe some door-to-door). Thank goodness my kids think this part of campaigning is fun.

That's the spirit.:) Does hubby have a bumper sticker on the car? I'll mail you some for free. P.M your address if you need any.

My daughter is having fun campaigning with us too. She also got a chance to be on a show on Nickelodeans Nick News for "Campaigning Kids", which is suppose to air January 11th or the 13th at 9:00 P.M.