PDA

View Full Version : Austin's First Night Celebration

austin4paul
12-30-2007, 10:55 PM
First Night in Austin is THE party to start the new year. Over 130,000 people downtown participating in art workshops, viewing exhibits, listening to bands and staking out a place to watch the midnight fireworks.

In the midst of it all will be the Ron Paul New Year's Revolution Party! Hundreds of Ron Paul supporters wearing their t-shirts will roam amongst the crowds handing out literature and bringing new supporters and voters to our campaign.

A team of artists will be participating in the Big Draw - a sidewalk chalk art display on the 1st St. bridge - creating a Ron Paul-inspired message of Hope for America in 2008!

We'll have a Ron Paul Revolution information booth set up with a DVD player playing all of our favorite videos (thanks, all you Youtubers!) while we pass out cups of hot cocoa.

And Austin's very own Baby Blimp will be there, flying high above the crowds, asking that ever important question: "Who is Ron Paul?"

If you'll be in the area, drop by and say hello.

phixion
12-30-2007, 11:35 PM
Amazing, amazing.

Pete

kyortrades
01-01-2008, 03:33 PM
I was amazed by the support I saw there and have registered on these boards just to say thanks :). I was there for about 2.5 hours and must have walked by Ron Paul supporers with signs about 20 or 25 times. Lots of people in the crowd were talking amongst their families about Ron Paul when they saw you guys and from what I overheard it was extremely positive. The mini-blimp was a great touch but the turnout was especially inspiring. Thanks :)

Laja
01-02-2008, 09:26 AM
Does anyone have a vid on YouTube of Austin's First Night?