PDA

View Full Version : Fox Radio Blatantly Censors Paul Conversation

stalcottsmith
12-30-2007, 10:17 PM
I was just listening to my local 1290 WJNO (Local Fox Radio Affiliate) around 10:45 PM EST in the car on the way home and they totally shut down the host of a national call-in program after he started to talk about Ron Paul. The host was saying "the more I hear from the guy, the more I like him, maybe we need a 1964 Barry Goldwater moment to clean up the party. We're gonna take a few calls." When he came back from commercial break and started to take a caller from Omaha to talk about Ron Paul, they dumped the caller and a couple other callers and forced him to move to a different topic. There were many, many awkward seconds of dead air before he came back on and said, "okay we're going to move on to another topic," after they finally got a crazy caller on the line who wanted to rant about something other than Paul.

It was unbelievably obvious what happened. The host had been doing a good job of discussing only Four Republican candidates and completely ignoring Ron Paul until he saw a Paul caller come up on the queue. He then started to talk too positively about Paul and the lines lit up with Paul callers or something and the control room decided to shut him down even if it meant dead air for 20 seconds on nationally syndicated live radio.

icon124
12-30-2007, 10:19 PM
i would say i cant believe this happened but sadly i do

curtisag
12-30-2007, 10:24 PM
I believe it, and I actually expect it. Fox is so horrible.

Stealth4
12-30-2007, 10:26 PM
find the host name, contact info - contact him privately. See whats going on.

Highstreet
12-30-2007, 10:28 PM
find the host name, contact info - contact him privately. See whats going on.

Bump

Paulinista4TW
12-30-2007, 10:31 PM
Rupert Murdoch.

It would be so nice if went on a fishing trip and never came back like Maxwell . Or maybe he can just go to jail like Conrad Black

Perium
12-30-2007, 10:31 PM
blimp

Opulen
12-30-2007, 10:32 PM
We will have our day!!

yongrel
12-30-2007, 10:32 PM
Take that, hippies!
http://images.forbes.com/media/lists/54/2006/639W.jpg

AdamT
12-30-2007, 10:39 PM
Murdoch is the lowest of the low. Total scum.

davidhperry
12-30-2007, 10:43 PM
I heard it too. It's the Bill Cunningham radio show. It's still on.

davidhperry
12-30-2007, 10:44 PM
I think the show will be on for another hour and 15 minutes. (until 1am EST).

davidhperry
12-30-2007, 10:48 PM
The Ron Paul caller is back on now so I don't think it's a conspiracy.

The call-in number is 513 749 7000

bgky4paul
12-30-2007, 11:29 PM
More good RP discussion on this radio show....

JPFromTally
12-30-2007, 11:33 PM
Any time a caller on a radio show even mentions Ron Paul they might say a quick comment or two and then cut to break... It happens all the time.

bgky4paul
12-30-2007, 11:35 PM
Yes, the host just said he's surprised about all the RP callers, wants to know where the other candidates' supporter are! :D

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-30-2007, 11:38 PM
I was just listening to my local 1290 WJNO (Local Fox Radio Affiliate) around 10:45 PM EST in the car on the way home and they totally shut down the host of a national call-in program after he started to talk about Ron Paul. The host was saying "the more I hear from the guy, the more I like him, maybe we need a 1964 Barry Goldwater moment to clean up the party. We're gonna take a few calls." When he came back from commercial break and started to take a caller from Omaha to talk about Ron Paul, they dumped the caller and a couple other callers and forced him to move to a different topic. There were many, many awkward seconds of dead air before he came back on and said, "okay we're going to move on to another topic," after they finally got a crazy caller on the line who wanted to rant about something other than Paul.

It was unbelievably obvious what happened. The host had been doing a good job of discussing only Four Republican candidates and completely ignoring Ron Paul until he saw a Paul caller come up on the queue. He then started to talk too positively about Paul and the lines lit up with Paul callers or something and the control room decided to shut him down even if it meant dead air for 20 seconds on nationally syndicated live radio.

It's SO apparent that FOX is so blatantly anti-Paul, it's just getting ridiculous to claim otherwise. They CLEARLY have a political beef with him and are trying to use their vast wealth and resources to buy the election.

hawks4ronpaul
12-30-2007, 11:49 PM
Any time a caller on a radio show even mentions Ron Paul they might say a quick comment or two and then cut to break... It happens all the time.

Wait until they cut to a break . . . and it is a Ron Paul commercial.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/