PDA

View Full Version : Why "long shot" and "he can't win" is a self fulfilling prophecy

giskard
07-12-2007, 09:55 PM
http://fskrealityguide.blogspot.com/2007/07/voting-scam.html

Broadlighter
07-12-2007, 10:18 PM
I think he's suggesting that 'We The People' revolt against the current system.

Tsoman
07-12-2007, 10:28 PM
I liked that article.

rpf2008
07-12-2007, 10:36 PM
Ya, the `long shot` crap and all that is pure psychological warfare.

A proper response to this warfare is not to talk about Ron Paul like he might win the primaries but to talk about Ron Paul like he is the next president.

Don't just say it, believe it.

Quantumystic
07-12-2007, 11:12 PM
There's a very common technique that, in some circles, is called "visualization".

You begin by "seeing" (imagining) what your ideal outcome for a particular possibility is. Then you start seeing what that ideal outcome would "look" like, sound like, smell like...

Ideal outcome: Ron Paul elected as the 44th President.

What would that look like? What is he wearing as he makes his Victory speach? What does he sound like in victory?

What was the campaign doing at the moment the victory was confirmed? What was happening in the last days of the campaign? Can you "see" the millions of supporters working furiously to canvas neighborhoods? Calling people to confirm their getting out to vote? The viral dominance of the internet? The meet-up groups nationally taking to the streets with Ron Paul Revolution banners?

Go back further... seeing the "Students for Ron Paul" setting aside lunch money one day a week, so that they could contribute $25 a month?

ALL these things and more! You have to be able to SEE them as already having happened... and then just follow through as if it already has. Taking actions with the absolute confidence that you are merely re-inacting a future success.

It creates an Energy. It resonates. And becomes a Force.

BELIEVE.

thuja
07-12-2007, 11:15 PM
There's a very common technique that, in some circles, is called "visualization".

You begin by "seeing" (imagining) what your ideal outcome for a particular possibility is. Then you start seeing what that ideal outcome would "look" like, sound like, smell like...

Ideal outcome: Ron Paul elected as the 44th President.

What would that look like? What is he wearing as he makes his Victory speach? What does he sound like in victory?

What was the campaign doing at the moment the victory was confirmed? What was happening in the last days of the campaign? Can you "see" the millions of supporters working furiously to canvas neighborhoods? Calling people to confirm their getting out to vote? The viral dominance of the internet? The meet-up groups nationally taking to the streets with Ron Paul Revolution banners?

Go back further... seeing the "Students for Ron Paul" setting aside lunch money one day a week, so that they could contribute $25 a month?

ALL these things and more! You have to be able to SEE them as already having happened... and then just follow through as if it already has. Taking actions with the absolute confidence that you are merely re-inacting a future success.

It creates an Energy. It resonates. And becomes a Force.

BELIEVE.

this is true! it works!

Bradley in DC
07-12-2007, 11:43 PM
Nah, it's early. They're lowering expectations for us that will just make us look better!

michaelwise
07-12-2007, 11:50 PM
I vote we no longer respond to this statement. This is the last time I respond to it in any other post.

RonPaul2012grassroots
07-13-2007, 12:17 AM
We've incorporated this approach in all of our Ron Paul novelty/promo items. The latest production runs don't have the word "for" if the term "president" is used on any item.

rpf2008
07-13-2007, 12:18 AM
I vote we no longer respond to this statement. This is the last time I respond to it in any other post.

I second that motion.

jonahtrainer
07-13-2007, 12:34 AM
Ya, the `long shot` crap and all that is pure psychological warfare.

It pissed me off the way Stephanopoulos said he couldn't win. If I were Ron Paul I would have responded a little differently.

I would have said something like, "Well, the odds are great but the struggle for freedom is always hard and the odds are always great. In fact, those who held power were so smug in their position they marched around in redcoats. Our country knows a thing or two about underdogs and their chance for victory. Our country knows a thing or two about the outcome of those who pledge their lives, their fortunes and their sacred honor in fight for freedom! I would not dare underestimate the power of the freedom message."

klamath
07-13-2007, 08:44 AM
Sea Biscuit couldn't win either. We just need to keep our grass roots efforts going. The poles can turn in a week. In 1980 the poles said the race was too close to call. In the finial week Reagan went on to beat Carter by 10 points and win 40 out of 50 states