PDA

View Full Version : Walter Williams' wife dies...

angrydragon
12-30-2007, 09:43 PM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/018108.html

From Professor Walter Williams: "It is with great sadness that I inform you that Connie, my friend of 50 years and my wife of nearly 48 years, died peacefully yesterday, December 29th. The day after Christmas she had a very minor fall. After the fall she said that she felt okay and we proceeded to eat dinner which went normally. After dinner she felt a bit strange and made an effort to get up from the chair. That was when the effect of the fall started taking place. Within a few minutes, she became totally verbally unresponsive. I called 911. The paramedics arrived quickly and she was helicoptered to University of Pennsylvania trauma center. It turned out that the fall was enough to cause a severe subdural hematoma. She underwent emergency surgery. The neurosurgeon’s prognosis both before and after the surgery was not promising at all. Devyn, who had just left to return to Los Angeles, where she now lives, returned the next day. Connie made me promise there would be no funeral or memorial services for her and I intend to abide by those wishes. She always said that our 35 years in our home in Devon, Pennsylvania, have been the happiest of her life. Therefore, her wish was to be cremated and her remains scattered about our property so that she will always be here. I have lost a dear wife and friend and the person whose partnership with me accounts for much of our success. Devyn has lost a loving mother. And you’ve lost a delightful friend." (Thanks to Brian Wilson.)

From gurran's post
wwilliam@gmu.edu

Pauliana
12-30-2007, 09:45 PM
I saw that. So sad.

FreeTraveler
12-30-2007, 09:47 PM
This may be an appropriate reason for a chip-in for flowers. Comments?

bbachtung
12-30-2007, 09:58 PM
He said no memorial, but what about setting up a scholarship fund in her name?

Corydoras
12-30-2007, 10:01 PM
This may be an appropriate reason for a chip-in for flowers. Comments?

Most classic use of flowers ever suggested on these boards.
I would chip in and hope others would as well.

bbachtung
12-30-2007, 10:05 PM
By the way, look at the class of Walter Williams (and Ron Paul) -- Walter was married to his wife for 48 years and Ron's been married to Carol for 50 years.

angrydragon
12-30-2007, 10:07 PM
If Walter Williams runs as a running mate for Dr. Paul, we'd have two military veterans in the white house.

From gurran's post
wwilliam@gmu.edu

Please don't mention politics and such when writing about his wife.

Corydoras
12-30-2007, 10:15 PM

Flowers aren't a memorial service imho.
And a scholarship fund is too big.
I urge flowers.

xd9fan
12-31-2007, 12:59 AM
damn:(
God Bless you and your family Walter

angelatc
12-31-2007, 01:08 AM
I would think a donation to the University that treated her would be appropriate.

0zzy
12-31-2007, 01:14 AM
Anyone have a video or audio of this guy?

angrydragon
12-31-2007, 02:26 AM
http://www.aeispeakers.com/video.php?SpeakerID=1086

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/walter-williams-the-entrepreneur-as-american-hero/3644442954

0zzy
12-31-2007, 03:05 AM
http://www.aeispeakers.com/video.php?SpeakerID=1086

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/walter-williams-the-entrepreneur-as-american-hero/3644442954

Thank you good friend of liberty.

0zzy
12-31-2007, 03:16 AM
ROFL! Walter Williams is one funny guy! I like him!

He talks about all the stuff the Constitution doesn't grant, like food stamps, education, etc. and goes,

"Now there are a lot people who will say--you'll talk about the lecture tonight--and they'll say that guy William is pretty narrow, and they'll say "We Have a living constitution. The constitution is a living document." Well that's saying the same thing as we have no constitution.

I mean, think about this, how many of you would like to play me poker, and the rules be living."

DirtMcGirt
12-31-2007, 03:19 AM
he is a true patriot... i hope he can find support from all of us...

MN Patriot
12-31-2007, 09:24 AM
This is sad news. Mr. Williams would fill in for Rush Limbaugh from time to time and would joke about giving his wife things like a snow shovel for their anniversary.

shadow26
12-31-2007, 09:29 AM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/018108.html

From Professor Walter Williams: "It is with great sadness that I inform you that Connie, my friend of 50 years and my wife of nearly 48 years, died peacefully yesterday, December 29th. The day after Christmas she had a very minor fall. After the fall she said that she felt okay and we proceeded to eat dinner which went normally. After dinner she felt a bit strange and made an effort to get up from the chair. That was when the effect of the fall started taking place. Within a few minutes, she became totally verbally unresponsive. I called 911. The paramedics arrived quickly and she was helicoptered to University of Pennsylvania trauma center. It turned out that the fall was enough to cause a severe subdural hematoma. She underwent emergency surgery. The neurosurgeon’s prognosis both before and after the surgery was not promising at all. Devyn, who had just left to return to Los Angeles, where she now lives, returned the next day. Connie made me promise there would be no funeral or memorial services for her and I intend to abide by those wishes. She always said that our 35 years in our home in Devon, Pennsylvania, have been the happiest of her life. Therefore, her wish was to be cremated and her remains scattered about our property so that she will always be here. I have lost a dear wife and friend and the person whose partnership with me accounts for much of our success. Devyn has lost a loving mother. And you’ve lost a delightful friend." (Thanks to Brian Wilson.)

From gurran's post
wwilliam@gmu.edu

Oh, no...I used to laugh out loud when he poked fun at his wife when subbing on the radio (the ONLY time I would listen to that program). A tragic loss for this great American...

LynnB
12-31-2007, 09:30 AM

That would be something she would have loved.