PDA

View Full Version : Shocking video: Hacking a Diebold voting machine

Freedom
07-12-2007, 09:00 PM
In regards to the heated discussion on the Thursday night conference call, here is a video that
shows how a Diebold electonic vote-counting machine can be hacked to produce any result desired.

http://www.livevideo.com/video/56A9F628EE3E45DF901B9F4944D9B314/hacking-a-dieblold-voting-mach.aspx (http://www.livevideo.com/video/56A9F628EE3E45DF901B9F4944D9B314/hacking-a-dieblold-voting-mach.aspx)

LibertyEagle
07-12-2007, 09:21 PM
Here's another one that was shown on HBO.

Hacking Democracy

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-365586126885215066&q=%22hacking+democracy%22&total=44&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1

UCFGavin
07-12-2007, 09:23 PM
watching both :o

michaelwise
07-12-2007, 09:23 PM
I got a copy. Took it from my temporary internet folder. I will show it to my meetup group. Thanks

TheConstitutionLives
07-12-2007, 09:24 PM
Hey guys. This specific forum is for "Ron Paul News". People don't want to have to look through all the off topic post. Put that kind of stuff in one of the other forums so we can check it out b/c it's gonna be removed by a moderator anyway. Thanks.

Tsoman
07-12-2007, 09:32 PM
Democracy always works better with a paper trail

quickmike
07-12-2007, 09:39 PM
Ive always said, anyone who supports anything but a paper ballot is a crook and should be put in jail. Theres no reason in the world that we need electronic voting machines.

They claim its more efficient with machines, but look at all the debate and crap going on because of them. All this time and energy wasted trying to figure out how to make a computerized ballot machine unhackable, is way more energy than just counting votes by hand to begin with.

Makes no sense............. this is what should be debated and brought to the argument.
Are we so lazy we cant even count paper ballots once every 4 years?

rpf2008
07-12-2007, 10:05 PM
The media has taken forever to pick this up.. They waited until Bush stole the 2004 elections. A lot of us have known about this for a long long time.

Thanks Mass Media !

I'm a IT/computer tech who uses Windows, Linux, Unix and Macintosh and let me assure you of one thing , a thing I'd bet my life on : there is no safe electronic voting. It doesn't matter what system, who runs it or anything else.

Electrostatic
07-12-2007, 10:09 PM
12 out of 10 IT Professionals agree... Electronic Voting is not secure.

michaelwise
07-12-2007, 11:07 PM
Demand hand counted paper ballots with armed guards and cameras watching every movement of the ballot box. Ink the finger as each person casts their vote. Who cares if it takes a week to count all the votes. The next primary election is too important.

LibertyEagle
07-12-2007, 11:12 PM
How about this. We try to tackle this in our own communities. My understanding is that the determination of whether to use paper ballots or electronic voting machines occurs at the country level. I have been told to contact my County Clerk and I plan to do that. Why don't we all do our homework, take factual material with us (not conspiracy theory stuff) and go try to get this taken care of in our own communities right now?

Note: I doubt it would be wise to mention Ron Paul's name, in any way, while we are going about doing this.

STA654
07-13-2007, 12:12 AM
How about this. We try to tackle this in our own communities. My understanding is that the determination of whether to use paper ballots or electronic voting machines occurs at the country level. I have been told to contact my County Clerk and I plan to do that. Why don't we all do our homework, take factual material with us (not conspiracy theory stuff) and go try to get this taken care of in our own communities right now?

Note: I doubt it would be wise to mention Ron Paul's name, in any way, while we are going about doing this.

Good idea, handle this at a county level.