PDA

View Full Version : Thompson: Not particularly Interested in Running

chiplitfam
12-30-2007, 09:06 PM
http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/articles/2007/12/30/news/iowa/31b24975ed2c263e862573c100054e2b.txt

fedup100
12-30-2007, 09:14 PM
Thanks Chip non new member for a story I feel safe to click on. I'm afraid that old dog is just to old to hunt. But I will ad this, that video with his baby girl chewing on that diaphragm has perked me up on many a down day.

stochastic
12-30-2007, 11:15 PM
Too bad, he's the only other stomachable GOP candidate. Hey, more votes for Ron Paul!

nate895
12-30-2007, 11:21 PM
Too bad, he's the only other stomachable GOP candidate. Hey, more votes for Ron Paul!

I don't know why, but I think I could stomach him too, though he has no hope of winning, but if he puts his support behind Paul, the nomination is secure.

DirtMcGirt
12-30-2007, 11:26 PM
i agree my order is Ron Paul, who is my hero and on another level... not so fast Fred Thompson then Obama...

NMCB3
12-30-2007, 11:26 PM
I don't know why, but I think I could stomach him too, though he has no hope of winning, but if he puts his support behind Paul, the nomination is secure.He wont support Paul, none of them will.

adwads
12-30-2007, 11:41 PM
I don't know why, but I think I could stomach him too, though he has no hope of winning, but if he puts his support behind Paul, the nomination is secure.

The only reason you guys think you can stomach him is because he seems too lazy to f*ck too many things up like Bush

stochastic
12-30-2007, 11:45 PM
The only reason you guys think you can stomach him is because he seems too lazy to f*ck too many things up like Bush

Except for his support for the Iraq war, Fred Thompson was an actual fiscal conservative who seemed to care about reducing the size of government and balancing the budget (or at least in rhetoric -- what a politician says and what a politician does can be two totally different things).

Matt Collins
12-31-2007, 08:47 AM
Spread this far and wide

freedom-maniac
12-31-2007, 08:57 AM
Spread this far and wide

I posted this story on the Giuliani and Romney forums, so the three or four people that support them can read it.

Thomas Paine
12-31-2007, 09:00 AM
Is it me or do others think that Fred Thompson is going to drop out after Iowa and endorse some other neocon candidate for NH?

rockwell
12-31-2007, 09:19 AM
"But he said others convinced him to run."

Pray tell, who would they be?

"I approached it from a standpoint ... of kind of a marriage. You know if one side of the marriage has to be really talked into the marriage, you know it probably ain't going to be a good deal for either one of them. But if you mutually think that this is a good thing -- in this case you think it's a good thing for the country -- then you have an opportunity to do some wonderful things together," he said."

What a ringing endorsement of marriage. If I said that and my wife heard me, there'd be fireworks. What a stupid statement.

OptionsTrader
12-31-2007, 09:22 AM
I'd call him a statist quasi-fiscal conservative war hawk.

loupeznik
12-31-2007, 09:23 AM
I'm not particularly interested in Thompson running ether.

HOLLYWOOD
12-31-2007, 11:02 AM
The General Public doesn't realize just how bad Fred Thompson's Failing Health Condition and state of mind have killed his campaign. But his Staffers and Media just label the slogan: He's just a "Lazy" campaigner.

I guess what I personally think is Disgusting is: Fred with his 6" of makeup (on to hide his age/cancer/smoking/ill health/etc) and his smooth acting abilities at the "Family Values" Straw Poll in Washington DC. Here, he is Reiterating, America's Lost Family Values... and a need to return to them, yet the 70+ year old brings 2 childern, ages 8 months and 4 years into the world with a wife who's age is 39. Incredibly SELFISH, Fred knowing his condition and a desprate "Gold Digging Narcissistic Wife... kids without a father growing up or one so old or ill he will have a very difficult time interacting with them! Now I may be wrong, but does that show true FAMILY VALUES? (I think Family Values are a Gimmick for most of the GOP candidates to run on, since they can't use all the other screwed-up paths/actions they hold)

Then there's the C-SPAN coverage of him in IOWA... the guy couldn't answer a question... same ole, we need to look into that... yotta yotta Some of the commentators and Analysis were saying he did well? WTF?

PS: If you haven't seen through his big acting job... he's down right FULL of SH*T!

rockwell
12-31-2007, 11:28 AM
I never found him to be an especially talented actor, even less so a politician, so I cannot fathom why he was chosen aside from the "we need a good ol boy to derail that skinny yahoo from Texas with his talk about the Federal Reserve" angle.