PDA

View Full Version : Two money dealines for tomorrow: blimp and campaign

NYgs23
12-30-2007, 07:49 PM
The blimp needs 40k tomorrow to stay in the air, but the campaign also need a million to reach that symbolic 20 million mark. What should our priorities be here?

Travis
12-30-2007, 07:51 PM
campaign

tsetsefly
12-30-2007, 07:51 PM
I think the blimp iis important because it gives us free ad time in small town that have nothing to cover...

Thunderbolt
12-30-2007, 07:53 PM
Uh, the campaign. It is not even close. At least for me.

Micahyah
12-30-2007, 07:54 PM
I would rather we get the blimp money to keep flying and come up 40K short for the campaign.

look, if we have 19.95 million dollars people will say 20 million dollars on TV.

AlexAmore
12-30-2007, 07:54 PM
The campaign and operationnh.com.

NYgs23
12-30-2007, 07:55 PM
Mathematically, it seems that if everyone who donate to the campaign tomorrow gives a mere 1/25th of that to the blimp we can reach both, assuming we reach either. For example, if everyone who gives $100 to the campaign gives $4 to the blimp, we can reach them together.

disciple
12-30-2007, 07:59 PM
The blimp.

Micahyah
12-30-2007, 08:00 PM
Mathematically, it seems that if everyone who donate to the campaign tomorrow gives a mere 1/25th of that to the blimp we can reach both, assuming we reach either. For example, if everyone who gives $100 to the campaign gives $4 to the blimp, we can reach them together.

Great point

NYgs23
12-30-2007, 08:15 PM
I think that would be a good idea for people who were planning on donating to the campaign but not the blimp. It's such a small amount when put into that perspective. Although the blimp has had logistical issues it seems to really work when it's up the air and I do not want the media to be able to talk about it being grounded three days before Iowa.

szczebrzeszyn
12-30-2007, 08:34 PM
I would rather we get the blimp money to keep flying and come up 40K short for the campaign.

look, if we have 19.95 million dollars people will say 20 million dollars on TV.
It's not like we have that $1 million already in the pockets and only wait for the right moment. It will be VERY tough challenge to raise that much money tomorrow.
I think the campaign is more important, but everyone will make their own decisions anyway.

EDIT: If we have 19.95 million, I'm sure MSM will report 'over 19 million' ;)

shadow26
12-30-2007, 08:44 PM
The blimp needs 40k tomorrow to stay in the air, but the campaign also need a million to reach that symbolic 20 million mark. What should our priorities be here?

The blimp for two reasons: it is one of the most effective and eye-catching tools we have for getting Ron Paul's NAME out in front of the people; neatly circumventing the censorship-minded media, and second; it would be GREAT to keep it in the air just long enough to have Dr. Paul interviewed LIVE from the blimp in South Carolina; right after the NH primaries. That MIGHT be ignored by the national media; but the LOCAL media in South Carolina would EAT IT UP. We only need $40,000 to pull that off. If that $40K keeps the campaign from hitting $20 million; so what? Even if the media HAPPENS to report on it (and that's not a given); the few watchers they have really won't care all that much.

LibertyEagle
12-30-2007, 08:51 PM
The campaign.

Ron Paul needs more than a PR stunt right now. He needs money to get his message out there, which is much more than a few people possibly seeing "Who is Ron Paul?" on a blimp.

Bilgefisher
12-30-2007, 08:52 PM
Holy crap why is this even a debate, we can easily hit both. Stay optimistic folks!

Original_Intent
12-30-2007, 08:53 PM
The campaign.

Ron Paul needs more than a PR stunt right now. He needs money to get his message out there, which is much more than a few people possibly seeing "Who is Ron Paul?" on a blimp.

+1 No contest.

Man from La Mancha
12-30-2007, 08:55 PM
I will do 50/50%, the blimp gets more bang for the buck. $1 for the the blimp gets $3 of PR.

faisal
12-30-2007, 09:14 PM
Although I think the blimp is important, the campaign will be able to use their money more wisely in ways that are more important then sticking "Who is Ron Paul" into the sky. They're doing what the blimp has, and what several other PACs we have are doing. For instance: they are buying phone numbers to call people with (similar to "Caul4Paul"), they are buying addresses to send letters too (similar to the "RP Letter Writing Campaign"), and they are also buying ads in popular places which is getting his name out! If we donate to the campaign, we know that our money is being spent in all sorts of different ways. We've all seen how much Ron Paul has been storing money in the bank. It's obvious he is waiting for the big bang. His campaign and the managers have been really brilliant so far. Let's help them get to that bang!

TheWhiteRider
12-30-2007, 09:47 PM
blimp

kutibah
12-30-2007, 10:19 PM
Listen, $40,000 out of Millions is not going to damage the campaign's spending. Do you really want to see the $360,000 we've spent on the blimp go to waste???

gecko42
12-31-2007, 11:06 AM
Get the blimp to its goal, then give the the campaign. It's a win-win. My husband will be giving enough today to get to the $5k mark on the blimp so we can take a ride later this week. :D

Thanehand
12-31-2007, 11:25 AM

No, they will say "Ron fell short of reaching $20 million." Or they will say "he didn't reach his goal of $20 million for the quarter" also insinuating that "support must be trailing off."

Without money in the campaign, Ron will not be able to continue for the long haul in all of the remaining states. The blimp is important, but the campaign is much, much moreso.

In other words, without the campaign, there is no blimp ;)