PDA

View Full Version : Articles of Confederation

MRoCkEd
12-30-2007, 07:09 PM
This was reposted on a different forum

And no offense, I would love to have Ron Paul's ideal little world, but this idiot's plan is never going to work. As someone above mentioned, we tried this before... something called the "Articles of Confederation". Ever heard of it? Should ring a bell from 5th grade history class. It didn't work, and the Constitution replaced it. Now he wants to take us back?

I'm disappointed in the fellow college students of my generation who fall to the "Ron Paul Revolution" hype. He's never going to win, and if he does his plans will never work.

obviously he doesn't want the articles of confederation
whats a good response

nate895
12-30-2007, 07:11 PM
This was reposted on a different forum

obviously he doesn't want the articles of confederation
whats a good response

An even better response is to tell him that the Articles of Confederation weren't that bad, one revolt happened in Massachusetts, and Rhode Island wouldn't cooperate. The Constitution only gives the Federal Government one more power than it had under the Articles of Confederation (regulation of commerce).

Shavenyak
12-30-2007, 08:50 PM
How is respecting the rule of the land "The constitution" like going back to the articles of confederation??? People who diss Ron Paul have no base and they're jealous of his supporters.

phoenix1861
12-30-2007, 09:11 PM
Most who argue that Ron would like to take us back to the Articles are probably upset by his position on federalism. A great many people believe that the country needs unified policies on everything, centrally directed from Washington D.C., and that the Constitution is really nothing more than the Pirate Code was in the Pirates of the Caribbean films - "more like...guidelines." Typically, those who believe this are control freaks who feel as though God put them on this earth to tell the rest of us what to do.

Richie
12-30-2007, 09:11 PM
An even better response is to tell him that the Articles of Confederation weren't that bad, one revolt happened in Massachusetts, and Rhode Island wouldn't cooperate. The Constitution only gives the Federal Government one more power than it had under the Articles of Confederation (regulation of commerce).

It gave the federal government the power to print money as well.

nate895
12-30-2007, 10:18 PM
It gave the federal government the power to print money as well.

I stand corrected.