PDA

View Full Version : The Real Reason behind Fox's Decision

jclay2
12-30-2007, 07:00 PM
Ok, this is not fact but my personal opinion. For the past few months it has been widly known that Fox is Gunning for Hillary v Rudy matchup. I even heard a commercial on Hannity's show basically saying they are ready for the Hillary v. Rudy Matchup or anyone else. Fox News doesn't want Ron Paul because of the so called mendoza effect. If their big gun, Rudy, goes below the Ron Paul/Mendoza Line then they are worried that he will completely sink. He is likely to finish 4th or lower in Iowa and New Hampshire with Ron Paul in play. That is why Fox is so scared of him, they think that rudy could possibly sink.

jake
12-30-2007, 07:01 PM
Rudy will sink regardless

wgadget
12-30-2007, 07:02 PM
Rudy: Sink, sank, SUNK.

jclay2
12-30-2007, 07:07 PM
I am just saying that is who they are pulling for and Rudy's strategy is setting him up to lose in the beginning but I don't think fox wants him pulling in two back to back 4th and 5th's.

jeff_from_VA
12-30-2007, 07:26 PM
Rudy is done, Romney is the only person in the race that has a shot other then Paul.

Rudy's 9/11, terrorist, 9/11, 9/11, terrorist, 9/11, 9/11, 9/11, 9/11 strategy is not working as well as they had hoped.

Rudy is as bad with 9/11 as Jessie Jackson is with the race card.

Micahyah
12-30-2007, 07:27 PM
I think that is part of it.

i think it is not just rudy though. I think they are trying to protect all 5 of the establishment candidates.

It won't look good if most or all of the 5 candidates (rudy, huck, mitt, fred, and mccain) wind up behind Paul in one of the first 2 primary contests.

It will make them all look like losers. Right now the only person who may make it out of the first 2 contests without losing to Paul is Romney.

integrity
12-30-2007, 07:28 PM
fox is gunning for hillary, as are the rest of the NEOCONS

forsmant
12-30-2007, 07:30 PM
No one even talks about Rudy anymore.

jclay2
12-30-2007, 07:36 PM
Yes, Rudy has gone down but Fox still favors him because a rudy v hillary matchup would make their ratings go up.

Thumper
12-30-2007, 07:41 PM
Yes, Rudy has gone down but Fox still favors him because a rudy v hillary matchup would make their ratings go up.

Good Lord, has the Presidential nomination/election process become as trivial as this? Ratings? That actually makes a lot of sense when I think about how FOX has been treating the coverage and the process.

walt
12-30-2007, 07:43 PM
Ok, this is not fact but my personal opinion. For the past few months it has been widly known that Fox is Gunning for Hillary v Rudy matchup. I even heard a commercial on Hannity's show basically saying they are ready for the Hillary v. Rudy Matchup or anyone else. Fox News doesn't want Ron Paul because of the so called mendoza effect. If their big gun, Rudy, goes below the Ron Paul/Mendoza Line then they are worried that he will completely sink. He is likely to finish 4th or lower in Iowa and New Hampshire with Ron Paul in play. That is why Fox is so scared of him, they think that rudy could possibly sink.

This is about Ron Paul's Israel and anti-war stance - nothing else

HOLLYWOOD
12-30-2007, 07:46 PM
How many times have they turned a plane around from it's destination and hospitalize you for a day... all because of a bad headache?

What a Crock@!

FAUX NEWS and it's employees need to move to Communist China or go work for Putin & the KGB/GRU gang! FOX is very good at SABOTAGING THINGS!

Compulsive1
12-30-2007, 08:10 PM
I think it's more sinister than that. The only way to discredit him is to associate him with extremists or crazies- because his record is nearly spotless. By officially disrespecting him, they are hoping to bring out the more violent element among his supporters, and if that fails maybe stage a provocation like during Quebec SPP protests. You know there will be people protesting the exclusion outside or/and inside the venue. It should be easy to plant a few troublemakers pretending to be RP supporters.

lasenorita
12-30-2007, 08:34 PM
The simplest answer I can think of is that Fox News wants to emphasize the point that Ron Paul isn't a serious candidate and not worth inviting to a round-table discussion. If you repeat the lie often enough, it'll sound like the truth.

Many Republicans watch Fox News, and since it's a special discussion so close to the primaries, even more Americans will be watching. I'm guessing our military bases at home and overseas, as well as our embassies and official buildings have their television channels set to Fox News. (I kid you not!) These are the people who are the most likely to vote.

It is of utmost importance that we do well in Iowa. This will make Fox News look like fools, but we need to get the word out that they are fools --- they won't broadcast the fact themselves. It is critical that we let our family, friends, and acquaintances know what our corporate-owned media is up to. They purposefully ignored Gravel and Kucinich and did not suffer much backlash from it. We're not giving them a free pass this time.