PDA

View Full Version : LOL Obama's take on polling "They don't poll Ron Paul, but I can beat him too."

Troyhand
12-30-2007, 06:24 PM
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/12/30/539516.aspx

Worthless article except for the first paragraph. Earlier today on CNN McCain spokesman Lindsey Graham talks about polls being inaccurate with Ron Paul in Iowa and that Paul's a wildcard. Now this from Obama. The contenders definitely know Ron Paul's a threat to them. LOL

Obama contrasts himself with Romney Posted: Sunday, December 30, 2007 6:39 PM by Mark Murray
Filed Under: 2008, Obama

From NBC/NJ's Aswini Anburajan
KNOXVILLE, IA -- Obama loves his Republicans. He makes an open pitch for GOP voters in his stump speeches, even as he calls them out in his stump speeches, saying he can beat Mitt and Rudy and Huckabee. At a town hall in Knoxville today, he threw in Ron Paul. "They don't poll Ron Paul, but I can beat him too."

But there's one Republican whom he seems to have a little more affection for than most. Obama frequently makes fun of Romney on the stump, joking about illegal aliens working on his Romney's yard. And today, he was given permission by a Republican deciding between Obama and Romney to draw some "contrasts."

"Mitt Romney is a very handsome guy. He's taller than me. I was listening to an interview this morning and somebody asked him if he's ever cursed. He said of course, but not the real harsh ones. I have to tell you -- I've used the harsh ones, the really juicy ones," Obama told the crowd, laughing.

He went on to contrast himself with all the Republicans in the field, saying he believes in fiscal restraint "unlike the Republican orthodoxy."

Obama was introduced by Sen. Kent Conrad (D-ND), who told the crowd that BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. DEMOCRAP, DEMOCRAP. Whatever.

Oliver
12-30-2007, 06:26 PM
lol?

Jeremy
12-30-2007, 06:26 PM
Barrack is basically saying he can defeat America...

Ethek
12-30-2007, 06:27 PM
they fear.

Truth Warrior
12-30-2007, 06:29 PM
Oh Barack, such hubris from one so young. Tsk, tsk! Get a clue. < LOL >

Troyhand
12-30-2007, 06:30 PM
lol?

Obama can beat Ron Paul.

LOL, ROTFL, LMFAO

HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

ClayTrainor
12-30-2007, 06:32 PM
well in these bullshit phone polls, im sure obama would beat paul

When it comes to an online poll... well um... barrack wouldnt have the slightest chance in hell.

i would like to see these 2 debate, paul would OBVIOUSLY win that.

But unfortuanately presidential races are now a popularity contest as opposed to a vote on the issues.

ThePieSwindler
12-30-2007, 06:35 PM
What has Barack Obama done for America, or shown what he could do for America, in his 3 years as a senator that he is obviously just using to leapfrog to the presidency? That he can extend the patriot act, give illegal immigrants welfare and citizenship, continue to fund the Iraq war, and send troops into pakistan and darfur?

That being said, he was somewhat complimenting Ron paul it seemed, as in he has stronger numbers than polls indicate, and it shows that Democrats take him seriously as a potential opponent. Of course hes going to say that he can "beat Ron too". Politicians will say they can beat Jesus in order to appear "strong".

If Ron does make it to the general,. he needs to hire some polical veterans to bolster his campaign. Don't necessarily fire people already in it, but get some real pros in there. I'm sure they will.

grfgerger
12-30-2007, 06:35 PM
He was making a joke and a sleight handed compliment to RP don't get too upset

Obama still has much to learn, he should be ron's running mate if an independent run happens.

Troyhand
12-30-2007, 06:54 PM
He was making a joke and a sleight handed compliment to RP don't get too upset

Obama still has much to learn, he should be ron's running mate if an independent run happens.

I think it's positive because it shows us that we are a serious threat to the establishment hacks. They seem to be readying themselves for a Ron Paul upset.

Obama as a running mate? No way. He's a sellout and a puppet to the elites. How can such a media darling be an honest man in the system we have today. I don't trust his sincerety. What Dr. Paul needs is someone that'll help him shake up the status quo. Not another lapdog.

itsnobody
12-30-2007, 06:57 PM
Youtube of this anyone?

Real_CaGeD
12-30-2007, 06:58 PM
Oboma went to Aipac convention, and wife is CFR Chicago.

"they dont poll Ron Paul"

You mean, they are lying about Ron Paul.

Nihilist23
12-30-2007, 07:03 PM
I applaud Obama for openly calling out the polls distortion of Ron Paul's support. The Tea Party worked. The Washington establishment knows he is a threat and they are even admitting it now. Lindsay Graham said something similar about Ron Paul on behalf of the McCain campaign.

lynnf
12-30-2007, 07:06 PM
I think it's positive because it shows us that we are a serious threat to the establishment hacks. They seem to be readying themselves for a Ron Paul upset.

Obama as a running mate? No way. He's a sellout and a puppet to the elites. How can such a media darling be an honest man in the system we have today. I don't trust his sincerety. What Dr. Paul needs is someone that'll help him shake up the status quo. Not another lapdog.

"They don't poll Ron Paul"

one of their own, admitting the deck is stacked, and the playing field is not level.....

lynn

mconder
12-30-2007, 07:10 PM
"They don't poll Ron Paul"

That says it all...

RP=RonPaul=RedPill
12-30-2007, 07:45 PM
So we're polling higher than 7%? Where are we, really? 10%? 14%? 18%?

Ethek
12-30-2007, 07:48 PM
He may have been talking about the general election match-up polls, Rudy vs Hillary, Romney vs Obama. That kind of thing. Hes right. They don't poll Paul vs Obama.

tsetsefly
12-30-2007, 07:50 PM
all we would have to do is this:

Who voted to continue funding this war? Obama or Paul

Who voted for the patriot act twice? Obama or Paul

that should settle things with people interested in civil liberties...

smartpeople4ronpaul
12-30-2007, 07:54 PM
Barrack is basically saying he can defeat America...

Not America, the HOPE for America, which of course is BS.

Shellshock1918
12-30-2007, 07:55 PM
Obama can beat Ron Paul.

LOL, ROTFL, LMFAO

HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Yea, I'd really like to see the debate between those two and a question about monetary policy come up...can someone say Ron Pwned?

Obama would look like a 12 year old about to do brain surgery.

Adamsa
12-30-2007, 07:58 PM
I look forward to this question for Ron in the general:

"Congressman Paul, is your age a factor?"

"My age is not a factor in this race, I shall not bring it up and I will not bring up my opponent's youth and inexperience either."