PDA

View Full Version : Not just a Republican, a Ron Paul Republican term

romelll
05-13-2007, 08:21 PM
O.K. Hear me out. People use the term Regan Republican to describe themselves all the time. How about using "Ron Paul Republican" in descriping our political philosphy? This way a) It gets Dr. Pauls name out b) makes him stand out in some folk mind?

Also, I maybe some catchy initals like RPR (for Ron Paul Revolution)?
Thoughts?

JoshLowry
05-13-2007, 08:59 PM
Ron Paul Revolution has been going for some time now. They are making a splash and really gearing their efforts to youtube as well as hitting the streets all whilst documenting their efforts.

Check them out at www.RonPaulRevolution.com They have what seems to be a great group and it is growing. I hope they will join in on the discussions here.

Korey Kaczynski
05-13-2007, 10:46 PM
I really dislike the term "revolution," and the EVOL part is really tacky as well; too touchy-feely for my liking and it makes it seem like a bunch of leftists are pimping out a conservative. :-X

MsDoodahs
05-13-2007, 10:51 PM
Why do you dislike the term "revolution?":confused:

Korey Kaczynski
05-13-2007, 11:00 PM
Why do you dislike the term "revolution?":confused:

The connotatons are negative in the public mindset; it's not really something you'd want to associate with if running for public office.

Just ask your average Joe is this country needs a "revolution," and see what they say.

dwdollar
05-13-2007, 11:06 PM
The average Joe would support a revolution, but they could do better with the Revolution signs. That's easy for me to say, since I haven't made any, but I think alot of people are going to be confused when they see them.

MsDoodahs
05-13-2007, 11:08 PM
"A little revolution...is a good thing." TJ

:)

Kandilynn
05-13-2007, 11:45 PM
I prefer the Atlas Shrugged-ish "Who is Ron Paul?"

JoshLowry
05-13-2007, 11:47 PM
They're doing better than all of us who are picking apart a slogan. :p

jimmyjamsslo
05-14-2007, 01:05 AM
I've been calling myself that for a couple weeks since I emailed to re-register from being a Democrat. It is a euphonious sounding moniker.

Let's get everybody to write-in the good doctor in November '08 if he doesn't get the GOP nod. I think Ron Paul would be a superior (true) Republican president to Ronald Reagan. Hope that doesn't offend anyone. Jimmy

:D

Hancock1776
05-14-2007, 05:20 AM
I think the "Ron Paul Revolution" is an effective slogan for those guys. The "EVOL < LOVE" part of the sign does have a "leftist" connotation and I think that's a good thing, because it associates the good Doctor with kindness and warmth, which is very appropriate.

The fact that it stands out, and pulls a word like LOVE out of "Revolution" makes the reader curious, and associates Revolution with positive feelings as well, eliminating all possibility that it might be hinting at an armed revolution, which is what people fear.

ronpaulitician
05-14-2007, 10:12 AM
When I started e-mailing my wife about Ron Paul, she replied back:
"Ron Paul-itics".

Guess she wasn't the first one to come up with that(ronpaulitics.com (http://ronpaulitics.com/1.html)). :)

I've grown so fond of the "paulitician" term that I've started using it as my ID name.

Vjklander
05-14-2007, 10:57 AM
I've been using "Ron Paul Republican". I think it is a great idea and should become a standard in all RP literature. The Revolution thing I could take or leave, but hey, if those guys are fired up and getting the message out - all the power to them. Ron Paul needs all the support he can muster.
Vjk

wraft
05-14-2007, 06:01 PM
I like this thread. However, a Ron Paul Republican must be quite different than the neo-cons, who the majority of voters are very tired of.

Ron needs to become a brawler. To that end he should -

1. Call for investigation and impeachment of Cheney/Bush;

2. Speak at anti-war rallies;

3. Call for a reinvestigation of 9/11.

The last is most important because it symbolizes an attack by the military/industrial complex against the American people. While it may raise a sh*t storm, there is great passion and energy in this issue.

romelll
05-14-2007, 07:13 PM
Instead of rehashing old problems, a "I know America is Great not because government but because of the people" tone would be great. We here know that, but those that have not heard of Dr. Paul's message.Positive talk works. If you dogged Bush etc. you may turn off hard core Republicans that otherwise may look your way. So, instead of Bush and CHeny are blah blah blah, (they are not running) a "I believe America is great because of the rugged individuals of the past, current, and future generations. Look at John Adams, ...... Look at the success of entrepeuruers like Oprah WInfrey have done without ..... THen there is little Jimmy Appleseed that is running not one but 2 lemonade stands to....

To sum up, people like positive. Get away from any 911 consipiracys, Bush sucks, Cheney is the face of evil, etc. in the primaries or general election. I would rather people focus on Dr. Paul's message of a limited government then the problems of the current administration.

MsDoodahs
05-14-2007, 07:58 PM
Rather than saying "problems of the current administration," say "problems of big government."

Because this problem is the same one, regardless of which "party" owns the butt of the person occupying the oval office chair. :)

AlexWallenwein
05-14-2007, 09:47 PM
Here is the article (http://www.opednews.com/articles/opedne_alex_wal_070514_ron_paul_republicans.htm). (Click the word "article". It doesn'r show as a link on my computer, so it might not on yours, either.)

Just sowing the seeds of word recognition. I think the idea is great. Next, just like Reagan did, we're going to have "Ron Paul Democrats" as well.:)

Conza88
06-22-2008, 01:49 AM
Ok, that is like a fken year old bump right there...

haaaylee
06-22-2008, 05:34 AM
that's crazy 'cos i went all the way back to the first page last night to look at old posts and saw this just before someone else bumped it.