PDA

View Full Version : Could RonPaulsPayDay.com pull in 5 mil/week?

jrich4rpaul
12-30-2007, 05:51 PM
People like moneybombs because it motivates people to donate together. Well, most of the moneybombs currently proposed are too late in relation to the primaries. And with the campaign requesting 23 more million to get a strong media blitz going, we need the money as soon as possible.

I strongly believe that if we put the same dedication into www.RonPaulsPayDay.com as we have for other moneybombs and put our money where our mouth is, 5 million per week would be very realistic.

orion846
12-30-2007, 05:53 PM
i have a set of wooden knives id like to sell you, please PM me

Nihilist23
12-30-2007, 05:55 PM
Where are the statistics on the donations made last Friday? Was it a success or not?

jrich4rpaul
12-30-2007, 05:56 PM
Where are the statistics on the donations made last Friday? Was it a success or not?

Well seeing how only 6 or 7 thousand was pledged last Friday, there's no real way to see the impact.

mconder
12-30-2007, 06:01 PM
This is why the idea sucks. People want shock and awe. They don't want to make weekly installment. This idea needs to be kicked to the curb and we need to come up with something with a wow factor, or we are done.

Thumper
12-30-2007, 06:22 PM
It would be nice if the donation page at www.ronpaul2008.com gave you the opportunity/ability to schedule donations via paypal or credit card in the same way that I can schedule paying my bills online. That way I could go to the site and schedule a $100.00 donation every Friday for the next 5-6 weeks and not forget to donate, it would just happen automatically on the day/time of my choosing.

Would it be possible to get HQ to set up something like that? That way people on a budget could commit to donations of larger amounts over time and only have to go to the donation page once.

Nihilist23
12-30-2007, 06:55 PM
Well seeing how only 6 or 7 thousand was pledged last Friday, there's no real way to see the impact.

Understood. I donated this last Friday and didn't see a big spike, but if it doesn't significantly improve next Friday we should move on to a new strategy.

literatim
12-30-2007, 06:58 PM
I have to agree with mconder, if it was going to catch on, it would have.

Yom
12-30-2007, 07:00 PM
Understood. I donated this last Friday and didn't see a big spike, but if it doesn't significantly improve next Friday we should move on to a new strategy.

Same here.

bobmurph
12-30-2007, 07:04 PM
This is why the idea sucks. People want shock and awe. They don't want to make weekly installment. This idea needs to be kicked to the curb and we need to come up with something with a wow factor, or we are done.

The biggest reason this idea hasn't taken off is because there hasn't been a solid youtube promoting it yet.

How about this...we give it a shot on January 4th. No more bashing, no more naysaying...just do it. It's a $30 fucking dollar donation. If it is a complete failure then we abandon it. If it raises $1M then it can become huge in the following weeks.

voytechs
12-30-2007, 07:07 PM
I wish, but I'm afraid only a money bomb can do that. Its well organized and gets people totally energized for a single date. Paydays are just too often. Its hard to get people to take out their plastic too many times. I for myself its a big hassle since I generate 1-time numbers for donations and it takes about 5 minutes just to get a number. Often is hard.

I know that would be best for the campaign to have a steady stream flowing in, but if they want big money it has to be a money bomb or 2.

bobmurph
12-30-2007, 07:07 PM

I can agree with that...but if we don't get some support behind this idea then it will be a failure. We need a creative, entertaining, and inspiring youtube NOW for the payday, and we need to turn the focus to Jan 4th for the next few days. $1M on Friday Jan 4th. Prove it works and it can take off from on the following 4 Fridays.

literatim
12-30-2007, 07:08 PM
I wonder where Trevor has been? He has become sort of a focal point for people to organize around.

Cyclone
12-30-2007, 07:09 PM
It would be nice if the donation page at www.ronpaul2008.com gave you the opportunity/ability to schedule donations via paypal or credit card in the same way that I can schedule paying my bills online. That way I could go to the site and schedule a $100.00 donation every Friday for the next 5-6 weeks and not forget to donate, it would just happen automatically on the day/time of my choosing.

Would it be possible to get HQ to set up something like that? That way people on a budget could commit to donations of larger amounts over time and only have to go to the donation page once.

Well, feel free to try again. Other candidates do this I think and we have begged the campaign to do this from day one. They have been busy. No time to set up ways to make money. Feel free to try again. Good luck to you.

Thumper
12-30-2007, 07:11 PM
@Cyclone, thanks for replying and quoting. I posted the idea in the Campaign Suggestion Box. I hope someone looks at it. For those of us on a budget, donation scheduling would be great, IMO.

mdevour
12-30-2007, 07:44 PM
Yes, something else is needed. As nicely as the 17th money bomb concept is coming along, I cannot see anything bringing $20-plus millions in a day! It's also pushing the campaign really hard to get the ad buys in time for Super Tuesday.

We need something ongoing for new people to jump into as soon as they commit after "discovering" Ron Paul when he places well in IA and NH.

If things go well, there will be a leap in donors and money rates starting as soon as the results in IA are announced. So, what will we have set up to channel and guide these new folks toward supporting Dr. Paul with their hard earned cash?

That money bomb is the capstone to the operation, but where's the rest going to come from?

For Liberty,

Mike D.