PDA

View Full Version : January 17th - The day that we will shock even Ron Paul

european
12-30-2007, 05:30 PM
The website www.benjaminsforpaul.com is up and working. You can now start subscribing for this huge moneybombevent on January 17th. Spread the word and let people make their pledges! "Donate a 'Benjamin' to RON PAUL, on Dr. Franklin's 301st birthday". Also raise awareness of the Benjamin Franklin True Patriot Act (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_Franklin_True_Patriot_Act) because the socalled Patriot Act is stealing freedom.

Ron Paul said "Let it not be said we did nothing". What does that mean? To do something, or to do all you can? We all do something, but do we all do all we can? Can you accept the option of having Giuliani or Clinton getting into office?
What do you want to tell your children later? Do you want to tell them: "I tried to save your lives but I was afraid to donate a bit more then I did" Or do you want to say: "I donated all that I could, because I love you. And that is why we won. We had a true R3VOLution, love for freedom, love for our future and the future of our children and ofcourse love for america."

Everyone reading this here and now can be part of the movement that saves America. Shock the world with your donation! Sign up at www.benjaminsforpaul.com. This is gonna be the big one!

Jeremy
12-30-2007, 05:32 PM
I think the website should have more on what Franklin stood for and show the similarities between him and RP.

european
12-30-2007, 05:35 PM
tnx for your input, got practical ideas for adding on the website? also we'll see what others say.

ps. keep this thread bumped pls :)

Jeremy
12-30-2007, 05:36 PM
Maybe another page on the site (with link from first page) that just talks about Franklin and RP

davidhperry
12-30-2007, 05:38 PM
(Note: The above subscribe field will be activated this evening--12/30)

Do you want to remove that at this point?

Subscribed.

IHaveaDream
12-30-2007, 05:42 PM
Your website indicates that the campaign goal is 23 million. It is my understanding that the campaign is asking for an "additional" 23 million to go with what they already have.

Am I mistaken?

Alex Stern
12-30-2007, 05:45 PM
deleted.

adwads
12-30-2007, 05:48 PM
I'm loving it!

szczebrzeszyn
12-30-2007, 05:49 PM
Ok, I'm a webdev, so I will be critical :)
1. Your DTD is totally wrong. Your document is not what you're claiming it is (sorry, couldn't resist ;))
2. "UNDER CONSTRUCTION" was cool in the 90s
3. The layout is a little mess. Maybe try at least to center the content
4. A little optimization of images would be good - they are well over 300KB in total.
5. The flash on the sides is useless
6. K.I.S.S.

Cheers ;)

Jeremy
12-30-2007, 05:52 PM
1. Your DTD is totally wrong. Your document is not what you're claiming it is (sorry, couldn't resist ;))
4. A little optimization of images would be good - they are well over 300KB in total.
6. K.I.S.S.

Cheers ;)

I'm a web guy too, but idk... I like the flash a little. The images need better quality though... looks kind of 90s. (specifically main banner... font style is also a bit 90ish)

european
12-30-2007, 05:53 PM
Do you want to remove that at this point?

Subscribed.

tnx, removed it, was old information.

6. K.I.S.S.

Cheers ;)

underconstruction is gone now
gonna work on the stuff you said, tnx for the input.
keep it comming!

Jeremy
12-30-2007, 05:55 PM
do you have photoshop?

me3
12-30-2007, 05:55 PM
Definitely kill the sound effects. People at work don't like opening pages that give away that they are on the 'net and not working.

adwads
12-30-2007, 05:56 PM
Has benjaminsforpaul.com replaced 100forfranklin.com ??

Jeremy
12-30-2007, 05:58 PM
Has benjaminsforpaul.com replaced 100forfranklin.com ??

looks like same site, two domains... no bigee

bigbinc
12-30-2007, 05:59 PM
Right now its more important to make the new years eve money bomb tomorrow so Dr. Paul will make it to $20 Million to finish the 4th quarter.

european
12-30-2007, 06:01 PM
any webdev out there wanna help me? or photoshop artists? would appriciate that :D

@adwads yes it has, its the exact same website but then working. the url will be aliased later on.

@me3 yes i agree, tbh it was killed, but appearently i saved the wrong one. will get it killed again.

szczebrzeszyn
12-30-2007, 06:09 PM
Definitely kill the sound effects. People at work don't like opening pages that give away that they are on the 'net and not working.
Ouch, there is even a sound?! I have js disabled so I don't see most flash movies unless I decide to. If what you're saying is true, it should be a top priority to remove it. Sound on the web, turned on by default, is by far the most annoying thing ever. People do different stuff while browsing the web - like listening to music.

If you really want some sound, turn it off by default and let the people decide if they want to hear it. Otherwise I guarantee, that it will piss some people off :)

adwads
12-30-2007, 06:11 PM
Ouch, there is even a sound?! I have js disabled so I don't see most flash movies unless I decide to. If what you're saying is true, it should be a top priority to remove it. Sound on the web, turned on by default, is by far the most annoying thing ever. People do different stuff while browsing the web - like listening to music.

If you really want some sound, turn it off by default and let the people decide if they want to hear it. Otherwise I guarantee, that it will piss some people off :)

Its just the sound of thunder...i kind of like it...it won't upset anybody at work i don't think

Jeremy
12-30-2007, 06:14 PM
im a photoshop amateur but i still have some talent... not to be cocky =D

idk, i'll let you know if i can help

---

and the sound of thunder...

true, sound is annoying. but this is cool too. maybe we could have it on another page instead of the main one? =p

Jeremy
12-30-2007, 06:15 PM

JS disabled? How do you get around on the net? :eek:

UtahApocalypse
12-30-2007, 06:19 PM
Ron Paul will be shocked that his supposed supporters waited too long for the money to make a difference. He will be amazed that we did not listen when the campaign asked that we donate NOW. He will be saddened that everyone has become more concerned with money games then winning the nomination.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
12-30-2007, 06:22 PM
6. K.I.S.S.

I agree with all of that, although I didn't look at image size, so you may have fixed that.

Someone mentioned the sound. The sound is in the Flash. That's distracting and not needed in general. Yeah, it's kinda cool. Will it increase conversions? No, it will decrease them.

I like the graphic work. I'm not sure if I like Ron crazily shocking the Declaration, though. He looks a little crazy. I get it totally... and I'm feelin' it, but I'm not sure it has a wide appeal.

bobmurph
12-30-2007, 06:28 PM
I really think we need to encourage donations larger than $100 if this event is going to be the big money bomb for January...$100 donations are not going to cut it.

adwads
12-30-2007, 06:29 PM
Ron Paul will be shocked that his supposed supporters waited too long for the money to make a difference. He will be amazed that we did not listen when the campaign asked that we donate NOW. He will be saddened that everyone has become more concerned with money games then winning the nomination.

Nobody is stopping anybody from donating now. But realistically, we're not going to get $23 million dollars in like a week. We need schemes and plans to raise that kind of dough.

The cash shocker on the 17th will be the icing on the cake as far as I am concerned. If you want to come up with some ideas to raise money before the 17th, that's cool, but don't knock this project.

It's not too late, on the 17th, its still 3 weeks away from Feb. 5. And we need the time between now and the 17th to promote the moneybomb.

Do you realistically think that if you had a moneybomb on like Jan 5 or something that it would generate ANY money whatsoever?? It's not enough time to promote it!

At least the 17th is still sooner than the MLK day moneybomb.

Bilgefisher
12-30-2007, 06:33 PM
Great website.

voytechs
12-30-2007, 06:36 PM
Whats with another money bomb. We've got to pick one. I'm already dedicated to MLK one.

Don't blow this guys.

mdevour
12-30-2007, 06:41 PM
We need a multi-pronged approach here.

A money bomb near the end of the fundraising push to get him OVER THE TOP is a great thing, and the timing of this one is perfect for that.

Remember, we should have 10's of thousands of NEW contributors coming on board after good showings in Iowa and New Hampshire.

We need to have something going on that they can contribute to right away, and then give again for the finale on the 17th! (With the 21st as a further fallback position if needed...)

You guys need to be ready to integrate your promotional efforts with whatever other projects start to get legs... That may mean adding links to other funding projects that are ongoing, like payday, for instance, or whatever else evolves in the next week or so. Then, when people come to pledge, there's a little nudge to get them to give sooner as well.

For Liberty!

Mike D.

mdevour
12-30-2007, 06:43 PM
We need to remind people who come to these sites what all this is for... Enough money to blitz the airwaves in 20 states to WIN Super Tuesday for Ron Paul!

Gotta tell 'em why it's important. :D

Mike D.

szczebrzeszyn
12-30-2007, 06:48 PM
JS disabled? How do you get around on the net? :eek:
I turn it on when it makes sense (eg. digg) or I'm forced to (eg. my bank). If you actually look at the use of javascript nowadays, you'll see that in 99% of cases ('typical' sites) it's used for:
a) launching flash ads/content (mostly due to Eolas patent)
b) launching other types of ads
c) spying on you
d) feeding site's stats
e) some annoying 'effects'
[...]

So, in 99% cases I don't loose anything :)
I have cookies disabled by default as well and accept them only for sites I'm logging to.

And besides, well developed sites should be usable with javascript disabled as well ('typical' information sites, not some sophisticated web 2.0 apps etc)

Sorry for a little OT. ;)

bobmurph
12-30-2007, 06:48 PM
Remember, we should have 10's of thousands of NEW contributors coming on board after good showings in Iowa and New Hampshire.

We need to have something going on that they can contribute to right away, and then give again for the finale on the 17th! (With the 21st as a further fallback position if needed...)

Precisely why we should be promoting Ron Paul's Payday. New donors that discover RP after IA can donate on Jan 4th. New donors that discover after NH can donate on Jan 11th. The payday removes the need to trumpet and hype one single date. It removes the bickering about donating on the 16th, or the 17th, or NYE...it's simple. Every Friday from now until Feb 5th.

I support another money bomb...but only if it exlusively targets donors who are willing to max out or come close to maxing out. If we want to target small donors ($100 or less), the the payday will be much more efficient and effective than another money bomb...there is too much infighting about what date/amt/significance of the various money bombs...and with no real leadership among the grassroots it is seems unlikely that this current effort to organize another money bomb will result in a success that can generate the funds the campaign is requesting.

szczebrzeszyn
12-30-2007, 06:49 PM
I'm not sure if I like Ron crazily shocking the Declaration, though. He looks a little crazy. I get it totally... and I'm feelin' it, but I'm not sure it has a wide appeal.
Hmm, I have to admit that I have mixed feelings about it too.. He kinda looks like some mad professor...

european
12-30-2007, 07:11 PM
I really think we need to encourage donations larger than $100 if this event is going to be the big money bomb for January...$100 donations are not going to cut it.
what we saw at the last moneybomb will probably happen this time again. we knew what our target was, and those who could already maxed out. most of them were people that were involved in the grassroots for some time if you ask me. now the new people that have joined got and already donated are more likely to make bigger donations now aswell. remember that the median was 50 dollar only. if the people who donated 50 euro can up it to 100 euro we will double our results, also putting 1k as target will scare new people. i can put up an extra shout out to people to donate all they can when the time is there, and also the reminder-email to donate can be a powerfull weapon. will make use of that aswell.

We need to remind people who come to these sites what all this is for... Enough money to blitz the airwaves in 20 states to WIN Super Tuesday for Ron Paul!
Gotta tell 'em why it's important. :D
Mike D.
nice one. will see how i can give that a spot in the text :)

Hmm, I have to admit that I have mixed feelings about it too.. He kinda looks like some mad professor...
hmm i have to admit you are kinda right... the picture ofcourse means that he is saving the constitution, still... dunno... anyone got an opinion on this one?

adwads
12-30-2007, 07:32 PM

RP is "shocking" the consitution. Benjamin Franklin was all about electricity, right? Well, electricity SHOCKS!!

Cyclone
12-30-2007, 07:35 PM

Also, people surf at work and if something with sound comes on they have to click off it as fast as their little fingers will type.

Been there, done that.

No sound, please.

european
12-30-2007, 07:37 PM
Also, people surf at work and if something with sound comes on they have to click off it as fast as their little fingers will type.

Been there, done that.

No sound, please.

sound and flash are both already removed :) the website got too many naysayers for that, so it went out straight away.
thanks for the feedback though :D did you already sign up? :rolleyes:

Mahkato
12-30-2007, 07:48 PM
In the graphic at the top of the page, there should be no apostrophe in "Franklins".

chiplitfam
12-30-2007, 07:56 PM
Hey! Great Idea. That's my birthday!!!

nc4rp
12-30-2007, 08:00 PM
love the site and great idea, but i read the Paul campaign specifically asked for constant donations rather than money bombs. bombs may actually encourage people to NOT donate until the 17th.

just passing on info discussed ad nauseum in a previous post. 31st bomb to reach 20 mil should be primary focus concerning fund raising imo. and boot on ground with constant donations through Jan.

Just my dollars worth (devalued to 2 cent)

adwads
12-30-2007, 08:07 PM
love the site and great idea, but i read the Paul campaign specifically asked for constant donations rather than money bombs. bombs may actually encourage people to NOT donate until the 17th.

just passing on info discussed ad nauseum in a previous post. 31st bomb to reach 20 mil should be primary focus concerning fund raising imo. and boot on ground with constant donations through Jan.

Just my dollars worth (devalued to 2 cent)

Without moneybombs i don't think we will even raise like $1 million in January

Flirple
12-30-2007, 08:22 PM
If anyone is looking to make a youtube video for this money bomb here is Ron's speech entitled "Sorry Mr. Franklin, We're All Democrats Now". The first few lines of this speech might be a useful clip to use: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5997062777237665263&q=%22ron+paul%22+January+29%2C+2003&total=14&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

adwads
12-30-2007, 08:32 PM
If anyone is looking to make a youtube video for this money bomb here is Ron's speech entitled "Sorry Mr. Franklin, We're All Democrats Now". The first few lines of this speech might be a useful clip to use: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5997062777237665263&q=%22ron+paul%22+January+29%2C+2003&total=14&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

Go for it! I don't have any youtube skillz

SteveMartin
12-30-2007, 08:43 PM
Posted this at the national Meetup message boards. The timing seems perfect! KUDOS!

BlueGecko
12-30-2007, 08:48 PM
graphs and streamline it

Also ask people after pledging, go knock on 100 doors

adwads
12-30-2007, 11:34 PM
youtubes anybody?

Jeremy
12-30-2007, 11:37 PM
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/2184/ronpaulbenfranklin1zx9jj9.jpg

BeFranklin
12-30-2007, 11:43 PM
Quotes from Franklin would be nice, and a sub-page, as a few others have suggested before.

What happened to the lightening? That was a nice effect.

adwads
12-30-2007, 11:43 PM
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/2184/ronpaulbenfranklin1zx9jj9.jpg

That's freakin' AWESOME!!

DirtMcGirt
12-30-2007, 11:44 PM
just checked the site out one more time... no lightning???

Jeremy
12-30-2007, 11:45 PM
That's freakin' AWESOME!!

Thanks, but some are saying the bottom paragraph is confusing. Suggestions to make it better?

Haywood1974
12-30-2007, 11:52 PM
I noticed there were a few questions/concerns with the graphics needing to be updated.....I did most of the stuff that's up there already and still have the raw Photoshop layer files, so if you guys want changes to it, just PM me and I'll get to cracking on it.....have most all of the rest of tonight work on it if need be....

adwads
12-30-2007, 11:55 PM
Thanks, but some are saying the bottom paragraph is confusing. Suggestions to make it better?

On January 17, Benjamin Franklin's birthday, the American people donate to the Ron Paul presidential campaign once again to restore liberty to America.

austin4paul
12-30-2007, 11:55 PM
I'm not sure if I like Ron crazily shocking the Declaration, though. He looks a little crazy. I get it totally... and I'm feelin' it, but I'm not sure it has a wide appeal.

A lot of people love this image. It's all over the net. I dig it.

Someone needs to make a Youtube for this. The ones on the Tea Party really helped generate enthusiasm. Until there's one specifically for this, I'd put these up:

Ron Paul Ad - appx 1 minute and he talks about the constitution
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_gKOCb4QBA

Ron Paul - Stop Dreaming - over 1 million views (shows popularity) and starts with a quote from Ben Franklin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWfIhFhelm8

adwads
12-30-2007, 11:56 PM
A lot of people love this image. It's all over the net. I dig it.

Someone needs to make a Youtube for this. The ones on the Tea Party really helped generate enthusiasm. Until there's one specifically for this, I'd put these up:

Ron Paul Ad - appx 1 minute and he talks about the constitution
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_gKOCb4QBA

Ron Paul - Stop Dreaming - over 1 million views (shows popularity) and starts with a quote from Ben Franklin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWfIhFhelm8

It correlates with Franklin discovering electricity.

dagnybell
12-31-2007, 12:12 AM
a few comments...

1) It will be Ben Franklin's 302nd birthday (per Wikipedia he was born in 1706)

2) I'm not into the "shocking the constitution" photo either. It's campy and it makes Dr. Paul look really wierd, which we do not need. He needs to be perceived by others as the dignified man that he is.

3) If you want something to correlates to the "shock"/electricity aspect, then I like lightning better.

4) I think the title banner is a little too busy - I think it would be better to just have it say Benjamins for Paul Primary Shocker.

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-31-2007, 12:16 AM
2) I'm not into the "shocking the constitution" photo either. It's campy and it makes Dr. Paul look really wierd, which we do not need. He needs to be perceived by others as the dignified man that he is.

It's a really popular pic on the internet. It's a picture of Doctor Paul using a defibulator to rescusitate the Constitution. It's got the Doctor factor, the electricity (Ben Franklin) factor, and the Constitution factor, and I think the heartrate monitor in the background looks clever. :D

european
12-31-2007, 05:28 AM
1) It will be Ben Franklin's 302nd birthday (per Wikipedia he was born in 1706)

yup, saw someone else comment to that aswell earlier on already. fixed.
tnx :)

european
12-31-2007, 08:48 AM
Posted this at the national Meetup message boards. The timing seems perfect! KUDOS!

tnx :)
and a question to you, how well connected are you at meetup? we do need some well connected ppl from there (also an open invitation to all who read this to respond)

european
12-31-2007, 11:11 AM
blump for today :) www.benjaminsforpaul.com :p start spreading the word

Jeremy
12-31-2007, 06:46 PM
wow.. the banner has a huge file size

dw1345
12-31-2007, 06:59 PM
I posted this in another similar thread but I'll post it here to for people to see.

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/1239/ronpdollarrz7.jpg

What do you all think?

Jeremy
12-31-2007, 07:01 PM
Good work and I think we can still use this, especially for promotion. However, I don't think it should be the central theme of the site. The point of the $100 donation and $100 bill is that Ben is on it

european
01-01-2008, 04:47 PM
I posted this in another similar thread but I'll post it here to for people to see.

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/1239/ronpdollarrz7.jpg

What do you all think?

I like it a lot! thanks for making it. can you also put the date on it? jan 17th?
i have put it in a new folder which you can find here: http://www.benjaminsforpaul.com/files/

smartguy911
01-01-2008, 04:54 PM
bump

twdahm
01-01-2008, 06:19 PM
please take the 23million off the site...

aspiringconstitutionalist
01-01-2008, 06:23 PM
please take the 23million off the site...

What are you talking about?

european
01-01-2008, 07:59 PM
The $23M is the total figure that the official campaign says it needs. It should be mentioned shouldn't it?

Bilgefisher
01-01-2008, 08:25 PM
The $23M is the total figure that the official campaign says it needs. It should be mentioned shouldn't it?

On one hand I agree completely, on the other if we fall short of 23 million it might get negative press. I will not urge you either way, just some food for thought.